Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: +Hit on PvP weapons

Default +Hit on PvP weapons

Hi, it's this thread again.
    When will this happen?
    ~Quiescent

+1
    ... although then all the baddies r actually gonna hit u... not that its gonna matter if they r bad, unless there is a ton of em ur they r helping a good one.

Soulwalker

..or.. u know.. remove the need for hit in pvp?

Telaran

Simply just add an additional function to vengeance. increase dmg and chance to bypass player defence.

Banned

It will never happen since the gear itemization guy said in an interview that Hit is a stat that separates PVE and PVP gear. Since I believe he has no clue that hit is required to do damage as a Warrior and a Rogue in PVP then no action will be done to correct the huge disparity between PVE and PVP weapons.

ffs, just remove the hit mechanic in PvP and have vengeance act in its place. Problem solved.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by djluxi View Post
    +1
    ... although then all the baddies r actually gonna hit u... not that its gonna matter if they r bad, unless there is a ton of em ur they r helping a good one.
    "baddies", as in badly geared characters? You think gear = skill?

Oh... you're one of those
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

Rift Disciple

Default re

Thats for sure will be my last thread here in rift community, i waited so long for hit get fixed i cant wait any longer thats too much i dont have brains for longs waits.

today i apply to delete my account and all date associated to it.

see you guys somewhere else.

i think the subject is wider than +hit, you should need pvp gear to be competitive in pvp and pve gear to be competitive in pve > everyone happy except the ones currently doing pve and pvp to get an edge on everyone else.

Telaran

I'm going to be a little egocentric here. As a 40p Cleric, I see almost no benefit to this as far as cleric goes. Cleric Melee dps suffers from being inadequate in WF situations. In 1v1 it typically used as an attrition spec and requires one’s foe to remain in close combat as cleric melee lacks closers, effective CC and anti CC.

Employing a mass increase in +hit in WF would also nerf –icar builds on top of the upcoming passive avoidance nerf in 1.8, rendering such builds useless. This would lead to a further homogenization of cleric builds. And if there ever is a warden nerf (as half the forum wants)….I don’t even want to think.

All I see is a buff to rogues and warriors allowing them to drop some of the PVE gear for an increase in vengeance and valor. Every Cleric and Mage should resist the free +hit as they would see almost no benefit to its existence.

Posted from mobile.

bumping this thread. would love to see a serious reply from a dev about hit+pvp and why it = a headache.

"here have all this valor gear but choose what you want to replace with hit stats".
    Zoartype@Deepwood

While logically knowing the situation it would be dumb, intuitively the game says you can pvp without hit. Makes me want to make a video pvp'ing without hit just to show exactly how stupid that really is. I am sure even people who detest pve'ing a lot grab +75 hit from all the available hit runes. People can throw around concepts and opinions all they want about playing all aspects of the game. But it's the fact the game clearly implies you can pvp very effectively with their provided pvp gear and stats. The game does not tell you hit is an important stat for your calling. It tells you that you need it for dungeons and raids. The game implies you don't need it for pvp, but were smart enough to realize how awesome it is. That is the problem with the picture. If you play the game how it intuitively suggests you can, as a rogue or warriors you will be complete trash because the game doesn't intuitively give you the realization that +hit is such a crutch stat the higher you move up ranks.

I might do a hitless rogue video just to make a point. After all, you should be viable without hit if it's not provided on pvp gear. PvE should be a bonus, not a crucial game breaker, by peoples logic about cross playing. Benefit is one thing, game changing difference is another. I'd have to buy spare hit runes though because some of my weapons and gear have hit runes :/ Would have to un-hit rune a few of my items. But I just wasted 100p on my last wardrobe slot a week ago. Sure I can afford it.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-13-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Default re

I am done...
    bye bye rift and never more...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Hi, it's this thread again.
    When will this happen?
    Soon as they put Valor and Vengeance on my PvE 2H axe off Grug is when it will happen.
    Last edited by Steelwind; 03-13-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    Soon as they put Valor and Vengeance on my PvE 2H axe off Grug is when it will happen.
    Except that valor and vengence only work in PVP, and Hit works in both.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast