+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rift needs more to its PVP

Soulwalker

Default Rift needs more to its PVP

anyone else think this aswell? i think rift needs more for there players that want to be hardcore pvpers and not raid cause if your like me raiding is boring.

what do u think they should add to improve pvp?

30 man raids with ultra orange relic weapons... and maybe increase the hit needed in pvp.

#justtrollinboredatwork

Soulwalker

i would like to see more world pvp opportunities, some gladiator typed stuff, and maybe some sort of world pvp war front type things.

World pvp here is a joke... unless two guilds make their own fun it constitues of pve daily quests with one pvp quest and pvp rifts that r even more of a joke. Other then that u can go gank some poor soul.i wanna see faction dominated areas...like ei for example.. u could have couple of forts there that each faction can control, more u control the whole faction gets some buffs like +rep, +gold loot, +valor etc. U could also have some dungeons that would be only accesable to the faction that controls them. U can make it so all the fees (ports, healing etc) ingame r smaller if u control more but on the other hand less u control a bigger pvp buff ur faction gets so it gets easier to get some areas back. But world pvp like that requires balance also between faction, its no fun if the other faction has double ur population. But yeah i want something to fight over in the open world other then pinatas and daily quest area.

An Order of the Eye Warfront
    Usable loot from the daily PvP quest bag( Bonus favor/prestige vials please!)
    World PvP zone (gasp, like WG in WotLK)
    Arena!! (But with no extra rewards, only vanity/titles, I don't think arena players should have access to better gear)
    +hit on PvP weapons, not gamebreaker amounts, but a little bit
    Favor-to-plaque conversion so I can get some PvE gear on my PvP alt just in case I decide I want to do something else with her sometime

Leaderboards will help for some players, but not many. Complex, large scale, open world PvP is what Rift really needs. A kind of warfront where the battles always feel unique and meaningful and there are numerous paths to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraghon View Post
    Usable loot from the daily PvP quest bag( Bonus favor/prestige vials please!)
    Arena!! (But with no extra rewards, only vanity/titles, I don't think arena players should have access to better gear)
    +hit on PvP weapons, not gamebreaker amounts, but a little bit
    Favor-to-plaque conversion so I can get some PvE gear on my PvP alt just in case I decide I want to do something else with her sometime
    I fully agree with all of this except the favor to plaque conversion. Do that and people will be more apt to grind out WFs on bonus weekends with pots active than grind dungeons. PvP rewards for PvP deeds and PvE rewards for PvE deeds. And the fight for control zone to be more similar to the PvMP Moors in LotRO.
    ~~ Euthan ~~

That's why I said plaques and not marks. I don't think it would be a game breaker to let PvPers farm out low level epics for a tank spec to get them into experts or T1 raids... plus the conversion would be something ludicrous, like the 15k planarite for 1 ISS... It would have to NEVER be the most convenient/ lucrative way to do it, even on holiday weekends, but still be a viable option for those that don't have the time to grind Warfronts (because they like to) and dungeons (because this is their alt in their main's raiding guild, and they need a bard, or Riftstalker) See what I mean?

But yes, I understand the line, PvP rewards for PvPers, PvE rewards for PvEers, and could see why some would be opposed to it.

PvP is what u make of it....

this is what we make of it on the EU blood iron shard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNMOe...ature=youtu.be

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/shard-for...ml#post3662854

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Links not working
    ~~ Euthan ~~

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraghon View Post
    Making an order of the eye warfront and also wanting more world pvp are counterproductive. The order of the eye rep is one of the very few reasons some people even bother going into open world as it is.
    Last edited by Baramos; 03-13-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Soulwalker

Open world pvp events that you can Q for like "instant Action". Siege one of the empty keeps in stillmoore while the opposing team defends it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionitro View Post
    Good to see ppl doin it, wish i didnt miss it. But like i said now its up to people to make it and its purely fun, but dont u wish there was a bigger reason to world pvp.

I remember a game, i will not name it but many remember it cause u could fly. Anyway the game was preety grindfesty in general but the world pvp was one of the best i saw. And i wont forget how before a big siege all the big guild officers started organising in world chat, recruiting raids for different objectives (we had a whole raid just to protecting our spawn place if enemy tries to get there and destroy our spawn stones). Some big sieges probably had 10+ raids on each side fighting at various locations, we had small scout groups to go check on the enemy etc. It created a sense of belonging because the whole faction had to come together and deffend or attack. That is something i really miss in rift.

Quote Originally Posted by uthonin View Post
    i would like to see more world pvp opportunities, some gladiator typed stuff, and maybe some sort of world pvp war front type things.
    With feedback like this, Trion really have no excuse.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast