+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rift needs more to its PVP

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
    Sometimes you have to bring yourself to their level to make them understand.
    Talk pompous and say everything that comes out of your middle finger is right.
    I've found the secret to cure all world problems! (\(~w~)/)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Thats fine, Rift has lost over 300k subs over the past 6 months so they are definitely heading in the right direction catering to a playerbase like yourself.

Stop saying that people would not venture into the open world... That would mean they are now, and most zones are clearly dead..

Blame that on the instanced stuff you guys like
    You're not getting it.

You're complaining that people aren't venturing out into the open world.

Your solution...your method to get them out into the open world...is to tell them that now when they get killed, the player who killed them gets a random item from their bags.

What do you think that would do to players who are currently accustomed to rolling around doing this or that in the open world and tolerate the zergballs because there's currently no real consequence for dying besides a bit of wasted time? Punishment is not incentive. Losing items from your bag when you die is a punishment.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    You're not getting it.

You're complaining that people aren't venturing out into the open world.

Your solution...your method to get them out into the open world...is to tell them that now when they get killed, the player who killed them gets a random item from their bags.

What do you think that would do to players who are currently accustomed to rolling around doing this or that in the open world and tolerate the zergballs because there's currently no real consequence for dying besides a bit of wasted time? Punishment is not incentive. Losing items from your bag when you die is a punishment.

It's not a punishment, its PvP.

Learn to play better, be smarter.. do not be the cause for the so called "punishment"

If someone brings a few more players and its just you, learn to survive, use recon pots to see enemies inc on your position, bring friends/guildies. Plenty of ways to counter.. BUT IT REQUIRES THINKING.. and that is asking for to much I see.

There are no zergs, I assure you, none of you have seen a true zerg.

5 on 3 is not zerging, 10 on 4 is not zerging. So please do not throw a term around that you really do not even understand.

Ascendant

It's not a punishment, its PvP.

Learn to play better, be smarter.. do not be the cause for the so called "punishment"

If someone brings a few more players and its just you, learn to survive, use recon pots to see enemies inc on your position, bring friends/guildies. Plenty of ways to counter.. BUT IT REQUIRES THINKING.. and that is asking for to much I see.

There are no zergs, I assure you, none of you have seen a true zerg.

5 on 3 is not zerging, 10 on 4 is not zerging. So please do not throw a term around that you really do not even understand.
    Have it your way, guy.

Did I mention...

...it's not going to happen?

Plane Walker

Have it your way, guy.

Did I mention...

...it's not going to happen?
    Remove PvP anything from those sigs, you should be recording mob bosses in your dungeons. Way to many fake Pvpers in here... Big mouths in low risk lose nothing games. Put risk on the table and off they go into hiding.

Doesn't matter much if it happens or not, I'll just go play something else as many others did as well as losing more than half your subscribers in 6 months is VERY telling.

Did I mention..

Enjoy your soon to be F2p game

Ascendant

Remove PvP anything from those sigs, you should be recording mob bosses in your dungeons. Way to many fake Pvpers in here... Big mouths in low risk lose nothing games. Put risk on the table and off they go into hiding.

Doesn't matter much if it happens or not, I'll just go play something else as many others did as well as losing more than half your subscribers in 6 months is VERY telling.

Did I mention..

Enjoy your soon to be F2p game
    umadbro?

Ya, I think you are. I mean, I could see like a Navy SEAL going off on some street thug and telling him he's not the big bad warrior he thinks he is just because he shoots unarmed people over a dime bag. I mean, that stuff matters.

You making this all personal and I'm not a real PvPer and I should run dungeons and blah blah blah because I don't share your point of view on what would motivate people to take part in PvP? I'm embarrassed for you. I hope you find real meaning in your life soon.

Plane Walker

umadbro?

Ya, I think you are. I mean, I could see like a Navy SEAL going off on some street thug and telling him he's not the big bad warrior he thinks he is just because he shoots unarmed people over a dime bag. I mean, that stuff matters.

You making this all personal and I'm not a real PvPer and I should run dungeons and blah blah blah because I don't share your point of view on what would motivate people to take part in PvP? I'm embarrassed for you. I hope you find real meaning in your life soon.
    When your image of PvP separates from WoW, perhaps you will be respected.

When your image of PvP separates from WoW, perhaps you will be respected.
    You're still barking up the wrong tree here.

Most people in this game do not want to have to think (much). They don't want to have to form an expedition every time they want to leave a city. They don't want to be punished if they get ganked.

They want to log in, have some fun on their own terms and log off.

This is not UO or any other "hard core" PvP based MMO. It's Rift, a game designed for the masses and the masses won't like what you're selling.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    You're still barking up the wrong tree here.

Most people in this game do not want to have to think (much). They don't want to have to form an expedition every time they want to leave a city. They don't want to be punished if they get ganked.

They want to log in, have some fun on their own terms and log off.

This is not UO or any other "hard core" PvP based MMO. It's Rift, a game designed for the masses and the masses won't like what you're selling.
    This game has 250K subs left out of 600K, what masses are you speaking of? The masses are leaving since the game does not have the things I mention. Remember, most PvPers do not troll boards as much as I do. But yes, plenty of players want this. Just because they are not complaining on the forum every 10 minutes like some Pver's do, doesn't mean their subscription does not exist.

Again, as I said before. Pve servers for PVER's

PVP servers for PVP'ers. Let the player decide what ruleset they want. There are no current true PvP servers either. I've heard people say "I'm only on a PvP server so I don't seem like a Pus" - That needs to change with a real pvp ruleset as PVE'ers can have what they want and people that enjoy real PvP can have what they want. If you refer to WoW anything PvP related, chances are you belong on a PVE server.
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 03-17-2012 at 09:06 AM.

This game has 250K subs left out of 600K, what masses are you speaking of? The masses are leaving since the game does not have the things I mention. Remember, most PvPers do not troll boards as much as I do. But yes, plenty of players want this. Just because they are not complaining on the forum every 10 minutes like some Pver's do, doesn't mean their subscription does not exist.
    People are leaving for a myriad of reasons, many of which have nothing to do with PvP.

When I say "masses" I'm talking about any Tom, Richard or Harry that will play the game. We're talking school kids, soccer moms, wage slaves and pretty much any demographic that Trion can rope in.

Yes, that also includes the die hard, old school PvP'ers, but they make up a very small minority in the overall equation.

In short, you're trying to sell beef to a vegetarian here. You want to turn carebears into carnivores and it just ain't gonna happen. All you'll end up doing is chasing even more people off of PvP servers.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    People are leaving for a myriad of reasons, many of which have nothing to do with PvP.

When I say "masses" I'm talking about any Tom, Richard or Harry that will play the game. We're talking school kids, soccer moms, wage slaves and pretty much any demographic that Trion can rope in.

Yes, that also includes the die hard, old school PvP'ers, but they make up a very small minority in the overall equation.

In short, you're trying to sell beef to a vegetarian here. You want to turn carebears into carnivores and it just ain't gonna happen. All you'll end up doing is chasing even more people off of PvP servers.
    How so? 2 separate servers . PVP and PVE .. A player chooses which ruleset they want, the issue?

Telaran

How so? 2 separate servers . PVP and PVE .. A player chooses which ruleset they want, the issue?
    I remember the old UO days... where me and my friends traveled in packs with nothing but simple daggers on and ganked ppl took their gear and ran to the bank with it... ahhh the good old days. wonder why i quit that game? Cause it failed in many ways for pvp. Quit begging for the game to come back....

Its not gonna happen.

you may as well beg for spell reagents to come back. Gear repairs.... by your friend the blacksmith that you hope you can trust. So on and so on. I am a pvp player, and if i had to choose some rulesets they dang sure wouldn't be yours.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by madroxz View Post
    I remember the old UO days... where me and my friends traveled in packs with nothing but simple daggers on and ganked ppl took their gear and ran to the bank with it... ahhh the good old days. wonder why i quit that game? Cause it failed in many ways for pvp. Quit begging for the game to come back....

Its not gonna happen.

you may as well beg for spell reagents to come back. Gear repairs.... by your friend the blacksmith that you hope you can trust. So on and so on. I am a pvp player, and if i had to choose some rulesets they dang sure wouldn't be yours.
    Yes, it has failed to give players EASY MODE and NO THOUGHT required to play. It required thinking and strategy.

UO still has almost as many active subs as Rift, so while you may have quit, 1 player means nothing as UO has stood the test of time of 15 yrs.

No probem, PVE servers are or you.

You see its that simple
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 03-17-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Telaran

UO still has almost as many active subs as Rift, so while you may have quit, 1 player means nothing as UO has stood the test of time of 15 yrs.

No probem, PVE servers are or you.

You see its that simple
    Oh maybe you missed where it says im a pvp player? or you didnt grasp it?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by madroxz View Post
    Oh maybe you missed where it says im a pvp player? or you didnt grasp it?
    No, you are a PVE player. You enjoy wow based PVP which clearly is not PVP by the standards of many PvP players that understand PvP mechanics and enjoy strategy based, thought required to win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast