+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Solution to "Twinks"

Soulwalker

Default Solution to "Twinks"

Everyone hates twinks, Their op as **** and ruiin the game for others.

Simple solution, Get rid of "Lock XP".
    Firstly "Lock XP" makes it so that trial account players can lock their xp at 19 and play pvp and not have to pay. Secondly twinks ruin the PvP experience for everyone and this is a easy fix.

/discuss

-Koorty

Shadowlander

IMO, a better solution would be to allow at the 5 of each bracket to give sets of valor gear, in 3 hours my 18 cleric has 8k favor, so these sets that could cost say 10k starting at 15, only useable in pvp and give players defense against twinks. XP off is fine, but it woulldnt be possible for trion to bracket xp off as there is to small of a player base and q times would skyrocket with twinks prob having really long times.

yes we all no twinking makes it so no skilll is required, argue all you want, but there is no skill when you are in such extreme gear. That is why giving valor gear sets to all brackets would seem to put a dent in twinking, yea you are free to twink, we know this, but everyone else is also free to play a game to have fun just like you are having fun 2 shotting people. I don't need to dominate every bg, but I at least want to enjoy my time in them.

To me it just seems , for a PvE player Rift is amazing, I am not a PvE player, raiding and dungeons I can't stand. Rift PvP is mediocre at best.

Rift Disciple

IMO a better solution would be to change the Ascended Courage buff to account for gearing.

It would make all the twinks QQ that the playing field is suddenly even and all these non-twinks are mopping the floor with them.

Plane Walker

Hey! A "get rid of 'lock exp' to end the evil scourge of twinking" thread. How novel.

Next time, try the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootry View Post
    Everyone hates twinks, Their op as **** and ruiin the game for others.

Simple solution, Get rid of "Lock XP".
    Firstly "Lock XP" makes it so that trial account players can lock their xp at 19 and play pvp and not have to pay. Secondly twinks ruin the PvP experience for everyone and this is a easy fix.

/discuss

-Koorty
    First, be careful when bandying words like "everyone" around. Obviously not everyone hates twinks, nor do they ruin the PvP experience for everyone. If that were the case no one would be playing twinks and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

And now, a word from our sponsor...

Elrar speaks on the XP lock system.

From that post we see that...
    • Trion is aware of twinking.
    • They are keeping an eye on the twink situation.
    • They have already made some adjustments and, if they feel it's justified, they will make more.
    • They're biggest concern with twinking is how to deal with it and maintain low queue times for low level WF's. (So no, they won't be eliminating twinking, nor will they shunt them off to their own queue, at least not in the short term.)

Now, with that said...

Most twink players have no problem with possible future nerfs to "twink" gear. They also do not have a problem with making better somewhat easily available gear available to those that are just leveling through a bracket (per Djskillburst's suggestion). Most twinks don't feel the need to be miles above everyone else, just enough ahead to give them a feeling of accomplishment when they finish gearing their twinks and enough ahead to make the effort worth while.

@Billy

What you're suggesting is, basically, the complete removal of gear as a factor in PvP. If that happens, why bother gearing at all? This is, as much as people rage against it, a gear based game and, as such, those that put more effort into gear will always have an edge over those that don't. How big that edge becomes is up for discussion, but the complete removal of that edge simply will not happen. Not in a gear based game like this one.

You also have to consider that one of the draws for twinking is the challenge of getting just the right gear for your toon. Part of the fun in twinking is building the twink.
    Last edited by Meina; 03-13-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    @Billy

What you're suggesting is, basically, the complete removal of gear as a factor in PvP. If that happens, why bother gearing at all? This is, as much as people rage against it, a gear based game and, as such, those that put more effort into gear will always have an edge over those that don't. How big that edge becomes is up for discussion, but the complete removal of that edge simply will not happen. Not in a gear based game like this one.

You also have to consider that one of the draws for twinking is the challenge of getting just the right gear for your toon. Part of the fun in twinking is building the twink.
    You need to consider what "Player vs Player" means. If it's simply going to boil down to who invests the most time and money, then why bother implementing the Ascended Courage buff in the first place? If you're level 10 you should get stomped since you haven't devoted as much time as a level 19. For that matter, simply add up the stats and award the win to the side with the most stats. Hell, why bother breaking it up into brackets? Just stick them all into level 50 pvp.

No, Trion wants there to be some element of equivalent gameplay, especially at the lower ranks. This is why the Ascended Courage buff exists. As it stands the buff does not adequately even the playing field and needs to take gear into account.

Either that or put twinks into their own bracket. Or remove xp locking.

As it stands I'd rather have my lower levels just get tossed into Port Scion and get stomped. At least the xp would be better.
    Last edited by Billy Pilgrim; 03-13-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Pilgrim View Post
    You need to consider what "Player vs Player" means. If it's simply going to boil down to who invests the most time and money, then why bother implementing the Ascended Courage buff in the first place? If you're level 10 you should get stomped since you haven't devoted as much time as a level 19. For that matter, simply add up the stats and award the win to the side with the most stats. Hell, why bother breaking it up into brackets? Just stick them all into level 50 pvp.

No, Trion wants there to be some element of equivalent gameplay, especially at the lower ranks. This is why the Ascended Courage buff exists. As it stands the buff does not adequately even the playing field and needs to take gear into account.

Either that or put twinks into their own bracket. Or remove xp locking.

As it stands I'd rather have my lower levels just get tossed into Port Scion and get stomped. At least the xp would be better.
    To put this as simply as I can...

This is a gear based game. It is what it is.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Pilgrim View Post
    IMO a better solution would be to change the Ascended Courage buff to account for gearing.

It would make all the twinks QQ that the playing field is suddenly even and all these non-twinks are mopping the floor with them.
    It is an even playing field twinks are not using anything the average player cannot obtain to be competitive they simply are too lazy or cheap to do so. That has been the problem since the start of this game and will be the problem when they close the doors.

Lazy bads who want Trion to program around their badness to achieve "fairness"
    Jogyn@Seastone P8 Rogue
    Jogyn@Brocliff P2 Cleric
    Kitethis@Seastone 39

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wargawd View Post
    Says the guy advertising his twink in his sig, clearly desperate not to lose the one playing field that is massively stacked in his favor and he knows it.

Normalize stats across all low level PvP, since it suffers from the problem of having 10 level disparity AND poor gear itemization anyhow. Pre-50 PvP is pretty meaningless except to show new players what Rift PvP is like, so just normalize the stats so that everyone in the 40-49 bracket is basically comparable to each other. Not like anyone will be in that bracket very long anyway.

Personally, I just tell everyone to skip that one and do dungeons/IA to 50. Let the 40-49 twinks rot in the cesspool they've created all alone.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

Soulwalker

i personally dont have a twink but i enjoy the challenge since i have a war and i know how to use him... im beast even against twinks, if your haveing such a hard time against twinks theirs a few solutions rather than get rid of them, One solution is make a twink yourself, a secound solution is stay with your team and **** the twinks, a third solution is to get better gear a bit better for each wf and show them whos boss, a last solution is be like me get a pocket healer and **** a full team of twinks with no other dps and only one healer... you know your beast when a team of 39 twinks is like wtf this nontwink lvl 30 is rapeing us in everything... and hasnt died once

Well seems trion want to allow them so i've done it, i now have a twinked out Rogue .

I do hope they remove the ability to twink, but until then "if you can't beat em, join em".
    Level 50 Mage - Naritta@Icewatch.
    Level 50 Rogue - Naritta@Bloodiron.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Says the guy advertising his twink in his sig, clearly desperate not to lose the one playing field that is massively stacked in his favor and he knows it.
    Make a twink and go after me in the Seastone cluster. I am actually leveling a warrior for 1.8 and stopped to twink for a bit. Have I killed you before or are you always this mad?
    ; )
    Last edited by Wargawd; 03-13-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Jogyn@Seastone P8 Rogue
    Jogyn@Brocliff P2 Cleric
    Kitethis@Seastone 39

Quote Originally Posted by Wargawd View Post
    It is an even playing field twinks are not using anything the average player cannot obtain to be competitive they simply are too lazy or cheap to do so. That has been the problem since the start of this game and will be the problem when they close the doors.

Most consider getting full BiS gear pre-level cap, solely for the vast advantage it gives you over the common green geared leveler bad.

Rift Chaser

BiS?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast