+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: pvp has been turned into rng... nothing else

Telaran

Default pvp has been turned into rng... nothing else

Some pvp questions that need answering....

Why to rogues get extra range advantage that no other ranged or semi-ranged classes get?
    Why do no viable mage dps specs have anything similar to eradicate?
    Why are warrior specs with heal on block trink + 1H suddenly a dps tank build that dosn't even have to spec into any healing to get almost endless hots ?

pvp has turned sadly into World of Melee craft... if mages/casters disarmed as much as other classes can silence I'm sure there would be a ton of QQ. Bash on such a low cd along with off memory wind spear makes it a joke.

Kiting is a bit hard too when most melee have been given such low cd blink abilities or seem to be perm immune to wither or any other slowing mechanism.

I'd agree with one poster that said it's boiling down to who has more healing clerics and add half a team of rogues to that.

Rogues taste like chicken.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

L2p issue.

Move along.

Prophet of Telara

I don't think RNG means what you think it does....

Telaran

rng = random number generator... ie. just luck of who you are teamed with.

esp. true now that you can be a merc

Quote Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
    rng = random number generator... ie. just luck of who you are teamed with.

esp. true now that you can be a merc
    That's what MMO's are in far more aspects than what you pointed out. A lot of the combat system is RNG based, especially with +hit being a variable stat players come equipped with. For some RNG is a very rough battle.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

It's funny, because mages have this tendency to complain about melee gap closers and I've got SO MUCH footage of me getting locked down and blown up in snare after root after snare after stun after root after squirrel after...lol

Just lol.

Some mages wouldn't be happy unless they had a 30m perma-snare aura, I swear.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    It's funny, because mages have this tendency to complain about melee gap closers and I've got SO MUCH footage of me getting locked down and blown up in snare after root after snare after stun after root after squirrel after...lol

Just lol.

If you're getting kited in this game (by a mage), you're doing something horrifically wrong. Then of course those mages whose characters ignore DR should be reported for hacking. I think we can all agree we don't kindly to cheaters...

This sounds like a mage QQ thread and not a legitimate complaint about how RNG determines the outcome of a warfront, which is also ludicrous.
    Last I checked, Mages rock my world. I got one chain squirreling me, and the other cinderburst critting my face into oblivion... And you're complaining because I can blink and interrupt? Would you like me to just stand there so you can get a KB?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
    Some pvp questions that need answering....

Why to rogues get extra range advantage that no other ranged or semi-ranged classes get?
    Bad game design.

In PvP terms rogues are hugely OP in this game, for example, Gap closers, melee need gap closers fine, the fact with RS my rogue can get up to three of them on a low cooldown is not fine, that I can then get CC immunity + escape from CC (from one of them) + speed buff + damage buff + absorb shield whist using them is beyond ridiculous. That I can mix this with a ranged soul like MM which already has numerous speed buffs, sprint, jumpback, etc is again beyond ridculous.

Or longest range in the game given to a kiting soul that has numerous skills that be used on the run, utterly moronic, it requires zero skill for me to kite most classes on MM and most of the time I can simply run away if things go bad. That my MM has a longer range than my mage or cleric who have to stand still to cast far more of their skills is again truly moronic game design.

You know other games, that have clue what they are doing, put in stuff to balance a class that can run and gun, e.g - Runekeeper in LOTRO, given less range on the instant cast skills, not to mention the speed buffs are tiny in comparision to MM.

I used to have burglar LOTRO, it was considered the OP class in PvMP when I played, yet it had no gap closers, no AOE (one skill on a long cooldown), generally required a lot of getting behind the othe rguy for positional damge and to top it off was a support class that did not have the same level of DPS has a real DPS class.

Rogues in Rift are a joke when it comes to PvP, hence the vast number of rogues you see in WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post

Just lol.

I have no problem keeping melee off me

I do Agree that PVP is souly based on RNG. Not so much on the PVP factor(as the author of the thread intended) in a WF, its even before that...Its the fact that there are more and more non-ranked matches, WFs without healers,Wfs that are melee heavy, Wfs that are caster heavy, or even healing heavy(a rarity, I know but included to emphasize low dps). The list continues even from there one team has mostly R40s and the other team has rank 25s mostly. yeah I know that you can make due sometimes by playing the WF better but you can only do so much.
    Last edited by Shirley001; 03-13-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Bad game design.

In PvP terms rogues are hugely OP in this game, for example, Gap closers, melee need gap closers fine, the fact with RS my rogue can get up to three of them on a low cooldown is not fine, that I can then get CC immunity + escape from CC (from one of them) + speed buff + damage buff + absorb shield whist using them is beyond ridiculous. That I can mix this with a ranged soul like MM which already has numerous speed buffs, sprint, jumpback, etc is again beyond ridculous.

Or longest range in the game given to a kiting soul that has numerous skills that be used on the run, utterly moronic, it requires zero skill for me to kite most classes on MM and most of the time I can simply run away if things go bad. That my MM has a longer range than my mage or cleric who have to stand still to cast far more of their skills is again truly moronic game design.

You know other games, that have clue what they are doing, put in stuff to balance a class that can run and gun, e.g - Runekeeper in LOTRO, given less range on the instant cast skills, not to mention the speed buffs are tiny in comparision to MM.

I used to have burglar LOTRO, it was considered the OP class in PvMP when I played, yet it had no gap closers, no AOE (one skill on a long cooldown), generally required a lot of getting behind the othe rguy for positional damge and to top it off was a support class that did not have the same level of DPS has a real DPS class.

Rogues in Rift are a joke when it comes to PvP, hence the vast number of rogues you see in WF.
    ^
    This person understands E X A C T L Y

I'm pretty sure the OP intended RNG to mean RANGE... referring to CC not working while melee have so many gap closers. Try playing a DPS cleric, super squishy with ZERO functional CC. Lots and lot of time is spent respawning as compared to other classes getting 20-30 KBs without a single death? Does that sound even a little balanced? Morons who spam L2P (and don't get me wrong there are plenty of real examples of people needing to learn to play before QQ) don't help the game any either. No class gets every trick in the entire book available to them plus stealth.. that's stupid design.

on another note RNG (randomness) in the queue is one of the best parts of PvP WFs, imo especially given the whopping 5 WF's you have to treadmill a traazzillion times to max out pvp.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

Prophet of Telara

ITT: Lots of people mistakenly blame RNG when its game design they are complaining about. I'll give a correct example of crying about the game being based on RNG. Imagine that crits did 500% extra damage, then you could have a reason to say the game was based all about RNG.

Rift Disciple

Default Non-Issue

I'm just an average PvP player when it comes to skill, but I play with intensity and I'm well-schooled on the tactics in each WF. My Pyro/Lock mage is usually among the top players in DPS and KBs in every WF I play, so I have no issue at all with Rogues being OP. In world PvP it's a different matter...if I beat someone 1 vs 1, I usually figure they suck worse than me.

Fizbang R40 Defiant Mage Seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast