+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Legendary Weapons in PVP

Soulwalker

Default Legendary Weapons in PVP

I could not find any other topic on this but I was wondering how others felt about possible PVP Legendary Weapons. I was thinking it would be pretty freaking sweat. Also a epic way of getting them maybe some kind of epic PVP quest line along with some other qualifier type things. Any ideas?

Nope, pve should be the only way you can get BiS for pvp.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

I always thought some sort of pvp relic items would be cool. Just because they are relic doesn't mean they have to be worth a crap for pve. Then can be of relic quality in respects to pvp gear - a notch above all the top rank epic gear. Not saying all slots, but a few really cool 'high end' type incentives would be cool. Don't know the means or ways of earning, but ideally I always thought it would be cool. From what I see the pve relics stand out because of a boost in stats and, moreso with weapons, a proc. PvP procs could be introduced to help make pvp weapons more attractive. It could be done right. Or of course they could make procs that only proc when hit by players.

I'm going to steal an Eq2 idea. Stoneskin procs, rawr.

Just my 2c
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

I think we could probably see PvP weapon son par with PvE relics if there was currently any way to demonstrate accomplishment in PvP beyond time spent. To be honest, I do feel a little resentful when I see someone with HK weapons in warfronts because they are so much better than the PvP alternative, because I know I'll probably never have one. It's not that I don't think I'm capable of contributing to success in HK, I just can't be bothered.

But at the same time, do you really want Trion handing out top tier quality to that MM you know from warfronts who is working towards his 500,000th consecutive Fan Out? Raiding is what it is. Scripted encounters are hard, yo, but you still have to accomplish SOMETHING to get the gear. PvP you just have to show up.

I don't think it would be to hard to make lengendary gear items for PvP, just keep base stats the same as the highest ranked weapons, for example, then anything added be vengence and valor plus a proc of some sort so that their usefulness is no more useful then the rank 36 weapons in raids. It can be done to the other items if they were to be added. Anyways the point is that it should be really hard to earn the gear then just time spent. How could it be done, I don't know, I was thinking leaders board but that would force less healers in warfronts.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I don't think it would be to hard to make lengendary gear items for PvP, just keep base stats the same as the highest ranked weapons, for example, then anything added be vengence and valor plus a proc of some sort so that their usefulness is no more useful then the rank 36 weapons in raids. It can be done to the other items if they were to be added. Anyways the point is that it should be really hard to earn the gear then just time spent. How could it be done, I don't know, I was thinking leaders board but that would force less healers in warfronts.
    Ya, but how do you determine who gets them? The whole idea behind the relics is that you've accomplished something noteworthy to get them. There's currently nothing noteworthy about queuing for your 734th warfront at level 50, yet every PvP reward is tied to a rep grind and/or a warfront grind. Win or lose, you get rewarded.

Make it available to turn PVE relics into PVP relics. Turn the hit to vengeance, or something.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Ya, but how do you determine who gets them? The whole idea behind the relics is that you've accomplished something noteworthy to get them. There's currently nothing noteworthy about queuing for your 734th warfront at level 50, yet every PvP reward is tied to a rep grind and/or a warfront grind. Win or lose, you get rewarded.
    Yea I know what you mean that is why I'm at a loss. There are SO many good players in pvp and a lot of dedicated pvp'rs, and though pvp is decent it is lacking that spark that legendary items have. I do not think PvE'rs are any more dedicated to their raiding than dedicated PvPr's are to PvP, I just think it would be cool and a REAL badge of honor to have a PvP Legendary item. I think maybe doing something like a raid/pvp match, kinda like Port Scion, but crazier and must be done by organized groups/guilds. In the match there will be certain objectives that must be achieved before unlocking the last boss and each raid must battle to defeat the boss to obtain the legendary drop, all this with no time limit so dedicated players can come to gether to work together. Imgine having to fight a crazy a** pve raid boss while fighting off enemy players. I don't know how you guys feel but it kinda gives me a chill. lol

You could make it a pain to get despite just having to show up.

First require top pvp rank. Get all max faction with each different pvp faction. Requires a component bought from top notoriety (make a higher rank for ones that can go up a notch) for 100k favor each. Then having top rank with each faction unlocks a new faction that you have to reach top rank with and that requires completing certain objectives in all 5 warfronts. Then you can turn in your collected components earlier and become eligible to purchase a 2 piece set of items for 135k favor each that combine to create your PvP relic weapon.

I mean, I'd be down for it. But oh man I don't think others would take something that tedious well, even if the loot is ph4t. It would just become, blah blah the leet no lifers have leet gear and i can't get it cause this is dumb. have balls, add leet weapons, make them lengthy to get. I could just be nuts though.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-12-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    They could make some ridiculous PvP achievements for them:

1) 500k lifetime kills

2) Highest healing/damage done 10 WFs in a row.

3) Requires every pvp achievement to unlock...etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post

Jesus H Christ NO!

T^T

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

First require top pvp rank. Get all max faction with each different pvp faction. Requires a component bought from top notoriety (make a higher rank for ones that can go up a notch) for 100k favor each. Then having top rank with each faction unlocks a new faction that you have to reach top rank with and that requires completing certain objectives in all 5 warfronts. Then you can turn in your collected components earlier and become eligible to purchase a 2 piece set of items for 135k favor each that combine to create your PvP relic weapon.

I mean, I'd be down for it. But oh man I don't think others would take something that tedious well, even if the loot is ph4t. It would just become, blah blah the leet no lifers have leet gear and i can't get it cause this is dumb. have balls, add leet weapons, make them lengthy to get. I could just be nuts though.
    Ya, the devs could do that. I would find it to be exceptionally lame. Yay...ungodly grind for a weapon. I mean, I'm looking at my warrior's notoriety and I don't think it would take too long to finish maxing out rep with most factions, but I'm already not looking forward to maxing out the Eye...again. I'm not looking forward to all the PS farming to max that out. I'm not looking forward to getting flattened by Defiant rogues with legendary PvP weapons that they only got because they've been using the same toon for PvP since launch so they had all their rep maxed. All they had to do when the PvP legendary was added was grind for the extra favor and roll a premade for a few hours to get the individual warfront objectives done and bam...Fan Out, now new and improved with 100% more PvP relic!

Pfffft.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

you know what this game is missing? a rep grind, lets add multi-tier rep grinds, cuz rep grinds are so underrepresented in this game =/

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

No rep grinds... How about...
    Since we don't want our fan out marksman to be able to get it, and we are rewarded for a win or a loss.
    Make PvP relic weapons, with PvP related procs, such as a stone shield, or increased valor for x seconds, whatever, something simple... A slight boost in DPS and very slight boost in stats... and +hit!!
    Then...
    Award a token for every warfront won, not lost. The token has no value, but the token is a currency for the relic weapons. Say, 100 tokens. It's not a ludicrous outrageous cost, very attainable. It would promote more premades, more coordination in pugs, etc...
    Less fan out Marksman=Win...
    Additionally, you have to trade in your top tier weapon for it... can't just win a hundred warfronts and buy it. You still gotta farm your Criterion(or whatever your class pvp top tier armor sets/weapons are called)
    They could then incorporate relic armor with the same principle behind it...
    Either way... Please re-skin the top tier PvP weapons... they are hideously lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    They could make some ridiculous PvP achievements for them:

1) 500k lifetime kills

2) Highest healing/damage done 10 WFs in a row.

having top healing 10 wf's in a row is hardly a challenge for me... and no, im not bragging....

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast