+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Charlice

Thread: Would This Be A Desireable Merc System Change?

Shadowlander

Default Would This Be A Desireable Merc System Change?

I recognize that the merc system is designed to keep the queue times to a minimum but it is certainly not something that every player is interested in, as the threads and some signatures have shown. Rather than simply having a system that first forces a person to merc who does not want to, why not save that as only a last resort. Give players the ability to volunteer if they do not mind. For example since I often play D in Whitefall I someones wish I could trigger the Merc feature so i could of go up against my own factions runner rogues, so rather than being matched against Jolies, I can fend off Sinch , or Quiescient, more frequently. I would find it quite fun, all three of them are very good runners but there have differences to their approach. That way the lines stay short, the people who hate it hopefully don't have to do it as much, but the mechanism is still there as a means of last resort. What are your thoughts on this?

Mercs or not, there will always be afk'ers in warfronts. I'd rather them, as much as I hate them, than coming up against a string of 'queue syncing pre-mades' again.

Meina had a good idea in one 'Merc' thread. I can't remember all the details now though.

Just on a side note. Maybe the players that don't like being mercs could just focus fire the mercs, on the other side....
    Last edited by Charlice; 03-12-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Just on a side note. Maybe the players that don't like being mercs could just focus fire the mercs, on the other side....
    Haha, that's awesome. Good idea.
    ~Quiescent

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Mercs or not, there will always be afk'ers in warfronts. I'd rather them, as much as I hate them, than coming up against a string of 'queue syncing pre-mades' again.

Meina had a good idea in one 'Merc' thread. I can't remember all the details now though.

I am not thinking of the afkers, there are players that play anyway even when they don't like being put on the other team. I question anyone who says they afk "because of the merc system" they have options that does not involve screwing their own team of a slot and their own faction which may include some of their friends, out of a good fight. knowing that they have other options, yet they chose to behave in this manor they are likely in my estimation, children, or adults with the reasoning of a child.

I would not offer a fix for the sake of them that would require more than a second of dev time. Instead to them I would only suggest the following:

They stomp all their feet and hold their breath until they pass out at the keyboard, in a few minutes the server will log them out and fix everyone's problem. They will never get put as merc, the opposing faction will not have a slot taken, the faction of origin will have a better chance at a meaningful win.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Haha, that's awesome. Good idea.
    Do sorry just noticed from your sig I misspelled your name.

i wouldn't mind that but i think others might
    cus you'd get a cut in line ahead of them if i'm picturing your method right

i hate the merc system for a lot of reasons
    reality is it wastes my game time since i refuse to participate in it

time spent on the re-queue after i leave one (especially if it's the daily)+ disgrace debuffs + the time of the merced wf i stay in when soul recall's on cd = not a happy customer

stresses me out a bit dealing with it everyday in this game
    & yeah i'm lettin my sub run out if there's no change by then

+ Reply to Thread