+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Twinks you say which are the worst?

Rift Disciple

Damn five minute rule.

I really don't blame you (or any player) for playing to win. That'd be stupid. The only ones to blame for making warfronts miserable for levellers are Trion.

I've got a twink too, but I'm under no illusions that is must be really frustrating to play against.
    A bit of really easy-to-get gear makes 10-49 Warfronts much better.

Healing people in WF's is already painful enough much less twinking a cleric and doing it all the time?

Ughhh~

I have a lil MM. She's pretty fun to annoy people with at 19. I might make another for 39.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

I twinked a healing level 29 cleric, so I can heal my friend who is a level 20 trial twink sin. Let's say we don't lose matches very often and it's hilarious to see 5-6 people dying to a level 20 :P The29's come at him like Rambo to see them turned into minced meat pretty quick. Quite entertaining.

General of Telara

Geared inquisitors can be scary. I had a 2.4k Bolt of Depravity land on me last night (at 49)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post
    Geared inquisitors can be scary. I had a 2.4k Bolt of Depravity land on me last night (at 49)
    I run Inquisitor in WF and have to say when I see 2.2k smash someone in the face I feel a little warm in the pants.

I'm not ashamed to admit that (also I'm not ubertwink-geared).

EDIT TO ADD > it's funny that some of the twinks in my battlegroup (both guardian and defiants) have become buddies since we run a lot together (for and against) and most of us agree that the twinks in the full transplanar stuff render even a primarily twinked out match dull and sad. Seen a cleric and a couple warriors get like 30 kbs while were standing around with our thumbs up our bums with nothing to do :[
    Last edited by Appendy; 03-16-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Rift Disciple

People sitting around bragging about needing the best gear they can find to destroy people who just started playing, sweet thread. You guys are all just so cool, I can't even find words. I can only hope that people like this don't stop the game from growing.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I run Inquisitor in WF and have to say when I see 2.2k smash someone in the face I feel a little warm in the pants.

I'm not ashamed to admit that (also I'm not ubertwink-geared).

EDIT TO ADD > it's funny that some of the twinks in my battlegroup (both guardian and defiants) have become buddies since we run a lot together (for and against) and most of us agree that the twinks in the full transplanar stuff render even a primarily twinked out match dull and sad. Seen a cleric and a couple warriors get like 30 kbs while were standing around with our thumbs up our bums with nothing to do :[
    I still don't get why people consider transplanar gear twink stuff. It's like 20 ISS and 10k planarite (numbers pulled out of my ***, but it's not that far to reality). Which mostly just requires you to have done 1-2 zone invasions and a few instant adventures.

Feels to me that everyone who cares about not being a gimp should be using that. Not like crafted gear with epic augments and glorified rep runes, which are certainly totally out of reach of your average leveling character.

Ascendant

I still don't get why people consider transplanar gear twink stuff. It's like 20 ISS and 10k planarite (numbers pulled out of my ***, but it's not that far to reality). Which mostly just requires you to have done 1-2 zone invasions and a few instant adventures.

Feels to me that everyone who cares about not being a gimp should be using that. Not like crafted gear with epic augments and glorified rep runes, which are certainly totally out of reach of your average leveling character.

It is easily obtainable for those who choose to freeze XP at level 48/49 and run zone events for the currency. It does require significantly more time investment than just 2 zone events. Those who level primarily by PvP will have very little planarite unless they specifically go out to farm it.

Those who don't plan on twinking will likely not bother with the set that they can only use for two levels before hitting fifty and buying PvP or crafted gear.

Also consider that those who don't freeze XP tend to be undergeared simply due to the fact that precious little good gear drops during the course of a PvP match, and PvP vendors sell only two pieces of a set at a time. Correcting these two problems would likely be one of the less controversial ways to help narrow the gap between twinks and non-twinks.

The cleric I saw had a one hander that was 3k planerite 120 ISS, a totem that was 3k planerite 120 ISS, and occasionaly ran with a staff that is the 5k planerite 200 ISS. I didn't check but the wand is available too for 3k planerite 120 ISS. Those were just the weapons, he had all transplanar gear + the synergy crystal. So.... that's definitely not 1-2 zone invasions and a few instant adventures.

Even the twinks agreed he was over the top and made it boring for both sides.

Edit to add: you can get those weapons from the Epic Planar Enhancement NPC in your capital.
    Last edited by Appendy; 03-17-2012 at 12:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2