+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New ranks and gears in 1.8?

Telaran

Default New ranks and gears in 1.8?

I assume that PVE raiders will be able to get new gears from Infernal Dawn.
    What about PVP players? Are we getting any new gears, which means more ranks?

Or Infernal Dawn is just another way to get the gears from HF?

No new loots, raiders are going to out gear us with such ph4t lewtz you will die to them while waiting for the match countdown to begin.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

If there are, Trion probably won't release them until weeks/months after ID. Gotta think they learned from last time where for most people PvP gear was better for raiding than raid gear for like 3 solid months. And all the progression raiders rushed to farm rank 8 even if they hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    If there are, Trion probably won't release them until weeks/months after ID. Gotta think they learned from last time where for most people PvP gear was better for raiding than raid gear for like 3 solid months. And all the progression raiders rushed to farm rank 8 even if they hated it.
    So now all the hardcore PVPers have to farm raids to be competitive in PVP? Broken logic, broken game. No thanks, I actually like(d) PVPing. I'll be damned if I have to start up a part time job of raiding.

1.7 nothing new for hardcore PVPers except more grind.
    1.8 nothing new at all for hardcore PVPers? ---> No incentive = no reason to keep playing.

I admit I'm just a donkey chasing a carrot on the end of a stick, but if there's no "carrot" there's just no reason to play.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

I wouldn't get up in arms in worry of gear, I'm sure gear is due to come. But you can't just compare releases for pve and treat it like pvp. It's apples and oranges. PvE, player vs environment - they play to kill mobs and get the loot and dps etc. Their game has far less replay value than pvp (coming from a 4 year straight hardcore raider). Player vs Player, our focus is to kill players. Our content doesn't really get old or date itself. I understand pvp incentive all plays into the fun of the game, but I am far from convinced that pvp is just out of sight and completely ignored. After all one of the topics is about great pvp things incoming.

Of course they can spend time on pve stuff for a nice release, and the pvp crowd cries about being uncared for and neglected. Then when they release a big pvp update, nobody in the pvp crowd has the logistics or self devils advocacy to put up the equal fit saying "omg nobody cares about pve'ers, this is a pvp update". It's childish. They clearly plan on maintaining pvp. Just because they don't come across the finish lines at the same moments doesn't mean it's anything to worry about. But i still see people worrying about nothing. The producer said there are plans for pvp. I'm more skeptic than most but I don't have a reason to distrust that notion. New PvE gear is coming, PvP gear hasn't changed much, they read what the players post - pretty sure patience is key. I'm not unhappy with the game currently so I look forward to things as they come. I don't feel shafted or left out. But I also enjoy solo-pve to an extent to. Just glad to have dropped the whole raiding thing out of my life ^.^
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    So now all the hardcore PVPers have to farm raids to be competitive in PVP? Broken logic, broken game. No thanks, I actually like(d) PVPing. I'll be damned if I have to start up a part time job of raiding.

1.7 nothing new for hardcore PVPers except more grind.
    1.8 nothing new at all for hardcore PVPers? ---> No incentive = no reason to keep playing.

I admit I'm just a donkey chasing a carrot on the end of a stick, but if there's no "carrot" there's just no reason to play.
    "Hey Trion,
    Can you give me a reason to PvP? Because PvPing to PvP is not fun. I need a grind."

Why PvP when you don't find it fun? It's like you're playing Rift for the loot which, in turn, is not real. I'm positive they'll release something eventually, but if you're not enjoying the game, why play it?

Also: Anyone who uses PvE stuff in PvP tends to die incredibly fast with little gained. As a cleric, I hate healing PvE-geared players, especially when they geared that way intentionally.
    Last edited by Raen; 03-12-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Zev & Manafont of Seastone
    Vinco Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Raen View Post
    "Hey Trion,
    Can you give me a reason to PvP? Because PvPing to PvP is not fun. I need a grind."

Why PvP when you don't find it fun? It's like you're playing Rift for the loot which, in turn, is not real. I'm positive they'll release something eventually, but if you're not enjoying the game, why play it?

Also: Anyone who uses PvE stuff in PvP tends to die incredibly fast with little gained. As a cleric, I hate healing PvE-geared players, especially when they geared that way intentionally.
    There are a lot of players who pvp to pvp. That being said, I find it a lot more fun and interesting when I got something to look forward to and right now I'm running out of stuff. Will I keep playing, of course.

Another thing is that raid relics are pretty crazy when mixed with pvp gear. They may not have as much valor to survive but they get enough to last more then long enough why using relic weapons and other gear to obliterate anything in their path, if another tier comes with out added new ranks and gear to pvp then the mixed raid/pvp geared players will have a huge advantage. I'm a supporter of putting relics into PvP and just make the REALLY hard to get and to make them only really usefull in pvp by boosting vengence and valor and adding procs, that way they are powerful but are not much more useful then rank 36 weapons in pve. The best bet is to just add ranks and new gear, but I like to shoot for big goals and knowing there are relics would drive a lot of players to really shoot for em, just my thought though, I'm sure its flawed in some way.

So now all the hardcore PVPers have to farm raids to be competitive in PVP?
    I don't get your logic. How are you going to have to farm raids if you want to be competitive? PVE gear doesn't have valor, so if someone even comes into a WF with full ID gear 2.5-3months into raiding that place they will melt before they even get to you. Everyone competitive in PVP will have rank 8 gear. Again, I am perplexed by your logic(or lack of).
    Last edited by intrinsc; 03-12-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I don't get your logic. How are you going to have to farm raids if you want to be competitive? PVE gear doesn't have valor, so if someone even comes into a WF with full ID gear 2.5-3months into raiding that place they will melt before they even get to you. Everyone competitive in PVP will have rank 8 gear. Again, I am perplexed by your logic(or lack of).
    Weapons .
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

So now all the hardcore PVPers have to farm raids to be competitive in PVP?
    That's exactly what people said when they saw HK gear on test for the first time. Right down to misusing "competitive" to mean "best possible of everything." Devs listened then, and ended up with a bunch of raiders AFKing for gear followed by people raiding in PvP gear for 3+ months. I doubt they will listen again.

ppl not seeing an issue here dont pvp alot i reckon. And ppl telling me pve gear sucks in pvp havent tasted how those HK weapons hurt. I m r40 almost full valor, all i need is a coupl of essences and there is nothing more for me to buy, but when i get someone with those relic weapons i dont stand a chance, so yeah right now u have to pve to be competitive in pvp, wich is kinda unffair unless pve-er r forced to pvp to be cometitive in raids, but all hell breaks loose when that happens on rare occasions. Now simple logic tells u that if even now some pve gear is supperoir to pvp gear imagine what would happen if they release new pve gear but no pvp gear. We can scrap our r40 gear and start raid grinding cause that pve gear is gonna eat anyr40 alive. So basicaly u could do some pve grind, do couple of ws just to get some valor and pwn through all the pvpers that worked hard to get their rank. Seems legit!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raen View Post
    "Hey Trion,

Yeah... not quite true on the PvE stuff in pvp. I alternate between using 4 piece HK armor + crystal with pvp weapons and a 4 piece HK armor + crystal and HK weapons in pvp. I generally out survive most other dps... and I get a **** ton of kills, always in the top 4 to 5, if not #1. I started HK raiding so I could have advantage in PvP, which is why I'm in a raiding guild now. I hit 27 kills with 1 death in a codex the other day, running my HK 4 piece in a rogue melee build. I didn't even look at the scoreboard, but one of my guildies who was running with me started laughing about it in our mumble server. That seems like fine survivability to me. Melting folks with my HK gear and having bloodthirsty procing generally works just fine for me.
    Last edited by Laban of C O; 03-13-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

If you play both aspect of the game you can't lose. In my opinion, playing both aspects of the game should give you an advantage over someone who plays one aspect of the game, every single time.

There will be new PvP ranks and items after 1.8, I would imagine it won't be with the initial patch, perhaps mid way through 1.8 if I had to guess. I don't think we will have to wait til 1.9 though to see them.

P.S. These are just my opinions, we won't know anything about new PvP items until Trion decides to let us know.

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

^ That's sig material right there.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnefice View Post
    If you play both aspect of the game you can't lose. In my opinion, playing both aspects of the game should give you an advantage over someone who plays one aspect of the game, every single time.

Agreed.

Ask any rank 40 player why he should have an advantage over a rank 15 player and, almost invariably, the answer will be "Because I've put more time and effort into my gear" (or some variant of that).

This also holds true when we're talking about mixing PvE and PvP gear to get an advantage in PvP. It takes a lot more time and effort to do so, so naturally the result will be that much better than if you focused solely on one aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Meina; 03-13-2012 at 09:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast