+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matched WF: Question about rank & selection

Default Matched WF: Question about rank & selection

I'm p17 on my rerolled main... just turned today, as a matter of fact. I just solo-queued into a "matched" 25-40 Codex.

I'm not complaining, mind you - I just feel kinda bad for the team I get stuck on. I can't help but think they're at a distinct disadvantage getting stuck with some one 8 levels below the "minimum rank" of every other player on the map.

My questions are:
    1. Is this a glitch? If so, is it a new glitch or an ongoing issue? Is there an ETA on fixing it?
    2. If it's WAD (working as designed), does it go both ways (can it queue a P39 into a "matched" p1-20 WF)?
    3. If it's WAD, does the addition of a non-matched party "break" the matching criteria, and then any one can queue in until the raids are full? Or does one team just get gimped and has to deal with it?

Just curiosity so I understand how it works. Thanks in advance if you answer the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by efitall View Post
    My questions are:
    1. Is this a glitch? If so, is it a new glitch or an ongoing issue? Is there an ETA on fixing it?
    2. If it's WAD (working as designed), does it go both ways (can it queue a P39 into a "matched" p1-20 WF)?
    3. If it's WAD, does the addition of a non-matched party "break" the matching criteria, and then any one can queue in until the raids are full? Or does one team just get gimped and has to deal with it?

1. No glitch. The match maker is an attempt system not a only-if system. If it cannot form an ideal match but the majority falls in the rank, it will still seem to call a match "rank x - x" so long as an, unknown to my knowledge, percentage of the WF is a certain rank range. If it can make a perfect match, in theory it should. But it also shouldn't make que times longer while attempting to match make, hence why sometimes you get people in a ranked match who fall out of the rank or completely unranked matches where there was no clear available majority at the time forming

2. You can get mis-matched anywhere, less common though IME than unranked games or finding myself in proper brackets. Fundamentally though, if circumstances permit, yes a rank 17 can end up in a rank 25 - 40 game and a rank 39 can end up in a rank 1 - 25 game.

3. I think un-matched WF's is just a sign of, 'theres too much variance in the players queing to make something one can even remotely call a matched game, but we don't want to hold que times so lets get the party started'.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread