+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Can someone explain why PvP is so bad at 50?

Rift Chaser

Default Can someone explain why PvP is so bad at 50?

I keep hearing this argument for Twinks, and I'm really curious as I do not have a character at max level.

What is so wrong with pvp at 50? Is it really -that- bad? I hear from some that its completely one-sided, that its a total mess and just not fun. What is it with hitting that magic level of 50 that suddenly makes the fun pvp at 49 stop being fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Achaiah View Post
    What is so wrong with pvp at 50? Is it really -that- bad? I hear from some that its completely one-sided, that its a total mess and just not fun. What is it with hitting that magic level of 50 that suddenly makes the fun pvp at 49 stop being fun?
    No, It's not that bad. The 'magic' is something different for everyone. I won't buy the reasons they give and my assumptions are possibly wrong.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

You have players at 50 that were able to grind/exploit/overpower their way to max rank, have all the best gear and as much of the pvp-centric stats (valor/vengeance) which make them do more damage than you and take less damage from you.

Patch by patch there have been efforts to make pvp cater more to the new player, but while it sounds great on paper, it ended up making pvp that caters completely to a time sink. Slower deaths mean less favor and prestige to a new pvper, and the longer it takes someone to 'take their beating' in gearing/ranking up, the less likely anyone not 100% batscat crazy about pvp will bother dethroning the masses of circle-jerking pvp personalities you conveniently see on these message boards saying that "pvp is great, you're just bad."

So, unless you want a slow, useless grind followed by constant torment on the forums with people posting bad videos where they never get 1 second of focus fire telling you you're terrible... don't waste your time.

I keep hearing this argument for Twinks, and I'm really curious as I do not have a character at max level.

cus when you start wfs @ 50 you'll be wearing garbage with a low health pool & have to face max geared players

whether you'll get ranked matches or not usually depends on when you play
    takes some time to adjust to it

Rift Chaser

So it has the same issues that plagues every other mmo regarding end game pvp?

Isn't being a bottom feeder in the beginning a well known fact when you play any mmo pvp?

I wholeheartedly expect to get beat down when I hit 50 and start pvping. I don't expect that to change until I get some decent pvp gear.
    Last edited by Achaiah; 03-11-2012 at 10:40 AM.

i'm not for twinks if that's what you're thinking
    was just answering the q

Shield of Telara

Its just those darn P40 twinks, they get me every time!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    i'm not for twinks if that's what you're thinking
    was just answering the q
    Oh no, I know you are not, was just making a statement to all the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    Its just those darn P40 twinks, they get me every time!
    the diff is 50s at least has a ranking system..
    although there should be a r40 option or new wf just for them

So it has the same issues that plagues every other mmo regarding end game pvp?

Isn't being a bottom feeder in the beginning a well known fact when you play any mmo pvp?

I wholeheartedly expect to get beat down when I hit 50 and start pvping. I don't expect that to change until I get some decent pvp gear.

I like this player.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I don't think PvP at 50 is bad
    ~Quiescent

RIFT Guide Writer

I'll chime in here.

PvP is fun when you have balanced teams. At the very least semi balanced teams.

Gear rules PvP. The only way you can do better in PvP is be max rank, full valor core and use relic weapons from Akylios.

How much time does that take? Months, no way around it. Grind PvP to get your gear, grind PvP rifts for your other gear. Raid for your relics!

Some system huh. It does make me sad that skill has almost no role in PvP.
    Last edited by ChrisN; 03-11-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

If you want real opponents, access to all speccs and competition in pvp, then there's no reason against level 50 PvP. The challenge awaits you.

If you want to bolster your ego by slaughtering players with massive advantage on your side, then choose the way of the twink.
    BEST ROGUE EU

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    Gear rules PvP. The only way you can do better in PvP is be max rank, full valor core and use relic weapons from Akylios.

How much time does that take? Months, no way around it. Grind PvP to get your gear, grind PvP rifts for your other gear. Raid for your relics!
    I think that about sums it up. It's not so much about the difference between your average rank 1 player and a rank 40. It's the time required to advance and become that rank 40 that puts some people off. I've just begun the rank 50 grind for the third time and if it weren't for the removal of the rank restrictions from gear I'd have lost interest by now.

I don't think it's bad. I think it's fun.

Bunzy killed me yesterday. I felt honoured.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast