+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to twink for a beginner Rift player?

Soulwalker

Default How to twink for a beginner Rift player?

Is it possible for a NEW Rift player to XP lock in a bracket and with some time and effort twink up enough to teach these people a lesson that pray on lowbie in greens??

I am new to the game, this is my first character. PVPing against twinks is very frustrating, rather than cry about it I would like to gear up and show some of these punks a taste of their own medicine. I am willing to XP lock and dedicate time to this, but I dont have another character to rely on for plat or gear. Is this possible?

I DO NOT want to lowbie gank, I want to find other lvl 29's (my current bracket) and punch them in the face to show them how it feels. I want to do this over and over to them.....hunt them and make them level into the next bracket. I doubt these people really want real PVP, they want to gank.

Possible? If so how does one build a twink in Rift?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dontee332 View Post
    Is it possible for a NEW Rift player to XP lock in a bracket and with some time and effort twink up enough to teach these people a lesson that pray on lowbie in greens??

I am new to the game, this is my first character. PVPing against twinks is very frustrating, rather than cry about it I would like to gear up and show some of these punks a taste of their own medicine. I am willing to XP lock and dedicate time to this, but I dont have another character to rely on for plat or gear. Is this possible?

I DO NOT want to lowbie gank, I want to find other lvl 29's (my current bracket) and punch them in the face to show them how it feels. I want to do this over and over to them.....hunt them and make them level into the next bracket. I doubt these people really want real PVP, they want to gank.

Possible? If so how does one build a twink in Rift?
    There's a video guide in my signature you might want to take a look at. As a new player, gearing competitively for the 10-19 bracket as it is now is not really feasible unless you have a level 50 character to support a lowbie alt. For every other bracket, getting squared away with very good gear is fairly quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    There's a video guide in my signature you might want to take a look at. As a new player, gearing competitively for the 10-19 bracket as it is now is not really feasible unless you have a level 50 character to support a lowbie alt. For every other bracket, getting squared away with very good gear is fairly quick and easy.
    DANGIT!!

I was looking for the link (forgot it was in your sig) and you beat me to it.

Gonna have to try harder next time I guess...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    DANGIT!!

I was looking for the link (forgot it was in your sig) and you beat me to it.

Gonna have to try harder next time I guess...
    i r sneaky

Edit: I should add that there's a link in the information under the video to a forum post with a little more detailed information, especially for Defiant characters because the video itself is done from the point of view of a Guardian character. The only difference between the factions is the location of some of the rare planar goods vendors.
    Last edited by Licentia; 03-10-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Soulwalker

Default thank you

thank you very much for the information, I am very glad to hear this is feasible in the 20-29 bracket.

OP are you on EU or NA, and what class?
    For the 29 bracket I have a
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/E1F2AD95...s-Iron-Crusher
    and a
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/A892B4C9...xlos%27s-Blade
    free to a good noobie home.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread