+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Allow +hit to be earned with Planar Attunement similar to +Valor

Default Allow +hit to be earned with Planar Attunement similar to +Valor

You have two sides to a game. PVP and PVE
    PVE allows you to earn PVP (+valor)

so too should it allow you to earn +hit..up to 150hit IMHO.

It's that simple. Since +hit is needed for PVP, you shouldn't have to do dungeons to compete.

(yes, oddly enough, not everyone loves PVE)...
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

No more dodging for you people!

Default ..

Dodging?

Why force anyone to do dungeons. Nothing is more boring and more excruciating than having to deal with AI. Human competition has always been much better...

but then again, I've played these since UO...if you are 14, you may love the PVE...
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Dodging?
    Believe it or not, hit has an effect on dodging/blocking.
    Something that some specs are built around.
    Giving people free hit on top of hit runes defeats the purpose of these specs.

*gasp* I KNOW
    Why force anyone to do dungeons. Nothing is more boring and more excruciating than having to deal with AI. Human competition has always been much better...
    Human competition=/=dungeon crawls.
    Both serve different purposes and serve to entertain different audiences.
    You may find it boring, others may not.

but then again, I've played these since UO...
    So this validates your opinion because?

if you are 14, you may love the PVE...
    First, I am not 14, so the stupid little remark you're making is not only unnecessary, but disrespectful.
    Of course it's the internet so you're able to swagger about without fear of retaliation.

Second, I am currently a full rank 8. I am also 11/11 in HK. I play both aspects of the game, and enjoy both of them.

Third, you've done nothing to justify the change at all.
    I want 1000 plat. Just because I don't want to sell stuff on the auction house.
    ^^^^
    Just as logical as your statement.

You're basically asking for free hit. Which would also defeat the purposes of having PvE gear if valor also gave you hit.

Really wish people stop interpreting hit equal to valor.

Toughness = Valor, as neither one of them are applicable outside thier respective fields (mostly)

Hit however is a universal stat. Both PvP and PvE have certain requirements (although PvP much lower).

Best solution is to put a minimal amount of hit on pvp gear. I would say a full set would give 100 hit/focus.
    Anything more and you have to PvE it up. 100 hit/focus is pretty much enough to land a substantial amount of attacks against the enemy without making you reach any real hit goal for high end raiding without ever pveing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Best solution is to put a minimal amount of hit on pvp gear. I would say a full set would give 100 hit/focus.
    Anything more and you have to PvE it up. 100 hit/focus is pretty much enough to land a substantial amount of attacks against the enemy without making you reach any real hit goal for high end raiding without ever pveing.
    I have 138 hit with 1350 valor. If you give me 100 more, noone will be able to dodge or parry any of my attacks.
    Core of Icewatch - MOIRAE
    ID 4/8 Apply

Rift Disciple

It's that simple. Since +hit is needed for PVP, you shouldn't have to do dungeons to compete.

I am not sure where you get the idea that you earn valor through Pve.
    You do realise doing pvp wfs give's you exp.

Expecting 150 hit from PA is too much. Even if they going to
    Change pa for hit don't expect more than 20-30 hit.
    Last edited by Chez; 03-10-2012 at 04:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey guys,

Totally not intended and it's going away - we're on it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    Rogues in general?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Something that some specs are built around.
    Giving people free hit on top of hit runes defeats the purpose of these specs.
    In the case of 150 hit yes, a lesser amount, no. Also on the same basis, PvE weapons should not be allowed (or should have their hit ignored when flagged for PvP).

Default ...

If I kill a mob, I get xp, which gives me planar attunement, which I can spend on Valor. Is that difficult to understand?

You're basically asking for free hit.
    LOL no more than valor being "free" to those that kill mobs.

Yes, but he was saying no more dodging for "you people" meaning me. So if I get more hit, then do I also get more dodge? Nope. My +hit has no effect on MY dodge rating, it would have an effect on HIS dodge rating. So the argument doesn't hold. Additionally, if my valor goes up, then your damage goes down, and yet everyone can get more valor through PA levels. So as long as it's equal across everyone, does it matter?

Both serve different purposes and serve to entertain different audiences.
    You may find it boring, others may not.
    First, that was my OP point. As they are completely different why make people that hate dungeons do them and vice versa. Second, it's not whether I "may find it boring" because at this point, I have already stated that I find them boring.

So this validates your opinion because?
    It validates, for my argument, that people like myself that have done dungeons for many years in many games have no desire to step foot into another contrived experience.

so the stupid little remark you're making is not only unnecessary, but disrespectful.
    *gasp* you think?

Second, I am currently a full rank 8. I am also 11/11 in HK. I play both aspects of the game, and enjoy both of them.
    *golfclap* go back to your dungeon....just leave me out of it

Third, you've done nothing to justify the change at all.
    Sorry you didn't understand my post but I actually did justify it. I stated that there are two aspects of the game just like, hmmmm, YOU STATED that um...hmmm, OH, entertain DIFFERENT audiences. (thanks for reminding me). Hence, the two aspects of the game - in my opinion, hence my post - should not require someone to participate in the OTHER portion of the game.

If you are a PVE/dungeon lover, then you are able to obtain valor (a PVP stat) without doing PVP. You can kill a mob, get xp, buy PA points into valor- even though it has nothing to do with PVE. I know very well that +hit is a rating for striking where as valor and toughness are related to damage mitigation, but the point is that if valor is obtainable through PA levels, so should +hit be obtainable through PA levels. I'm not saying +hit that would allow you to participate in HK, I'm saying the EQUAL relative amounts of +hit that equate to +valor that you get from PA levels.

1. It would be a minimal amount of +hit, similar to the minimal amount of valor
    2. It would be equal across the board for everyone
    3. If you prefer PVE, you can get a PvP stat, and if you prefer PVP, you can get a PVE stat that just so happens to be a "hidden" PVP stat. Hidden in the sense that MANY players do not think hit applies to PVP. Any stat related to PVP should be obtainable through PVP means in my opinion.

Default ...

Also on the same basis, PvE weapons should not be allowed (or should have their hit ignored when flagged for PvP).
    AGREE 100%...this would solve it as well!

Yes, I don't believe I said you could get 150 hit, I believe I said up to 150 hit. I believe I clarified in the latter post that it would be an amount equal (relatively) to the +valor you can currently obtain in PA levels. It may be +15 hit, or +7 hit or +19 hit....I am not sure.

I prefer the quote above....well said. Remove +hit from PVP.

Default ...

You do realise doing pvp wfs give's you exp.
    Yes, as I stated

PVP = XP, Prestige, Favor

PVE (hitting a mob) = XP

Which means, if I hit a mob, I *CAN* get XP, which means I *CAN* put points into PA that = valor.

Hence, you can earn VALOR FROM PVE.

You can *NOT* earn +HIT through PVP.

Here in lies the discrepancy I am asking them to resolve. I agree, maybe +20 hit. It would be a minimal amount yet equal to the relative amount of +valor you could obtain in PA levels.

Maybe they should have a PVE hex, similar to PVP.....you can obtain some toughness, some special rez ability on a 1 hour timer, or something similar for dungeons. (since they have it for PVP)

Plane Walker

Can't you get hit through runes?

You can earn money in PvP
    You can buy runes on the Auction House

So isn't it safe to assume you can earn hit without PvE?
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    In the case of 150 hit yes, a lesser amount, no. Also on the same basis, PvE weapons should not be allowed (or should have their hit ignored when flagged for PvP).
    Not at all.
    In what way should PvE weapons should not be allowed?
    Considering you lose out on valor and vengeance there is an exchange.
    Where as the suggested change gives you something for free without any drawback.

That is pretty much the only reason PvE weapons are considered BiS, simply because of the +100 hit they provide.

snip
    Are you...stupid?
    Clearly hit doesn't have an effect on your dodge.
    It was obviously referring to the fact giving you free hit, would hurt abilities that are intended to make it difficult for you to hit them.

I hope that English is not your first language, because you ignored the context which YOU created.

snip
    Subjective.
    That was the entire point.
    Preference=subjective=not useful as a basis on changes in gameplay

snip
    Then don't.
    That is pretty much the choice you made.
    Just like how if you don't PvE, you can't get access to the mathosian and dragon slayer rune's.

snip
    Yeah, I know, expecting people to have some semblance of maturity on a forum is asking a bit much.
    Thank you for proving my point.

snip
    Please stay out of my warfronts.
    You're probably the type to whine throughout the entire thing.

snip
    "well I don't do this aspect of the dungeon, thusly, you should provide me with everything people who go to dungeons get."
    Why should you be rewarded for ignoring a specific part of the game?

snip
    PA gives you +15 valor.
    You gain +50 valor just from hitting level 50.
    You have absolutely no understanding of the game if you truly believe that the war tree gives any meaningful amount of valor/vengeance that is not already obtained.
    1. It would be a minimal amount of +hit, similar to the minimal amount of valor
    So you want +1 hit?
    derp
    2. It would be equal across the board for everyone
    Like the AoE damage nerf!

God knows we should give people passive buffs!

Shadowlander

Maybe they should allow you can change weapon stats to incorporate HIT into your gear. Enchantment change so you do not need to pve to get more than 150 plus hit into your stats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast