+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "New" Whitefall is a joke

Default "New" Whitefall is a joke

Anyone else feel that Whitefall is a joke now? I mean now after 1.7. where everyone is literally unkillable with the valor increase, cleric healing is now a complete game changer and now rogue runners are gone. I'm not trying to troll at all, im completely serious. Have you been in whitefalls lately where you could completely say you enjoy everyone your in?

Before, i didn't mind the thought of "fixing" Whitefall by removing porting from runners. We could all agree to a most part being able to cross the whole map in around 1min is pretty ridiculous. After they removed porting... god the matches are all incredibility long and unbearable (on top of other changes).....

I feel right now Whitefall fixes are turning it into the new "Port Scion". Long strung out matches were you could be loosing for 40mins and still LOOSE at the end. I have to stay Whitefall wasn't really my favorites in the pool of warfronts but before it was rather quick to decide a winner and loser, and the game would be over in about a 10~20mins. You hop in, you hop out and its all over. I don't go into warfronts to want to sit there for 40 mins. with a team i know i can't win with, trying for a goal which i know we can't get. I'm not a quitter but sitting in whitefall now is literally the most painful thing and now when i see it repeatably being my daily i cringe...

Whitefall had many problems with the design of the map to be brutally honest i think it should be completely scrapped. You know... when i saw changes being made in 1.7 and pvp/rogue runners i really thought it would make Whitefall a better warfront but it just made me even more disappointed in this map.

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Anyone else feel that Whitefall is a joke now? I mean now after 1.7. where everyone is literally unkillable with the valor increase, cleric healing is now a complete game changer and now rogue runners are gone. I'm not trying to troll at all, im completely serious. Have you been in whitefalls lately where you could completely say you enjoy everyone your in?

Before, i didn't mind the thought of "fixing" Whitefall by removing porting from runners. We could all agree to a most part being able to cross the whole map in around 1min is pretty ridiculous. After they removed porting... god the matches are all incredibility long and unbearable (on top of other changes).....

I feel right now Whitefall fixes are turning it into the new "Port Scion". Long strung out matches were you could be loosing for 40mins and still LOOSE at the end. I have to stay Whitefall wasn't really my favorites in the pool of warfronts but before it was rather quick to decide a winner and loser, and the game would be over in about a 10~20mins. You hop in, you hop out and its all over. I don't go into warfronts to want to sit there for 40 mins. with a team i know i can't win with, trying for a goal which i know we can't get. I'm not a quitter but sitting in whitefall now is literally the most painful thing and now when i see it repeatably being my daily i cringe...

Whitefall had many problems with the design of the map to be brutally honest i think it should be completely scrapped. You know... when i saw changes being made in 1.7 and pvp/rogue runners i really thought it would make Whitefall a better warfront but it just made me even more disappointed in this map.
    Haha, I predicted this would happen, doesn't take a genius to. Major Gaystalker has been court martialed.

On an even more serious note, my next prophecy is that they will add leaderboards to pvp, and slightly revive pvp on certain maps like bg, dex and lotr. Depending on if they have separate map stats, scion/wf might see a revival too. After this slight revival everything will go downhill again, because theres absolutely no dimension/finesse to current pvp - it's all a heal/assist train fest, dps, healing, CC is still nerfed, support/utility is still low tier compared to just running heal/dps.

The distance between the spawn points and the flag capture points needs to be lengthened.

The whole map should be wider and longer.

After 3 minutes of both teams simultaneously holding the flag, they should be returned to the respective bases.
    ~Quiescent

As if it wouldn't come down to tank warriors with 3 lives.

Think Riftstalkers are bad?

How about the warrior tanking your whole team.

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post

I'm not sure what you are referencing to rogues not being able to port. That's being included in 1.8, as far healing goes I can agree upon. However the thing most don't consider is when 1.8 goes live no rogue except those brave enough will not pick up the shards. So while the one man shows will cease as far as rogues are concerned. It does mean the likely hood of the very meaty carriers followed by heals will be the normal match.

In theory that sounds right however this simply leads to whichever team out gears the other. Nether carrier will be able to slip by the big zerg moving down the field. That imo turns me off. I'm all for clashing, but without alternative methods of flag running after the first conflict in the match, the loser will most likely give up and hope for a better matchup.. that's the mentality I've been seeing anyway
    Last edited by Sagiso; 03-09-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    <- My connection speed
    60 Rogue Lohart ~ 58 Warrior Gazenkinie (Teresa) ~ 60 Cleric Sagiso ~ 60 Mage Quelaan
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.

An invincible tank warrior running across the map over 5 minutes gives you time to cap their flag

An invincible tank rogue running across the map in 30s does not

IMHO this in no way made Whitefall any worse than it was, the flaws with Whitefall are innate in the design of the Warfront.

Like Lohart stated above, I'd like a Warfront with a design such that you would be able to win by playing tactically even when outgeared, but that's hard to implement without making something blatantly OP, IE rogue runners.

To achieve the above, Warfronts should be smaller in terms of people, bigger in terms of size, and heavily objective based.

They could stand to improve matchmaking as well.
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-09-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Loosing* for 40 minutes sounds really bad
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 03-09-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    An invincible tank warrior running across the map over 5 minutes gives you time to cap their flag

An invincible tank rogue running across the map in 30s does not

IMHO this in no way made Whitefall any worse than it was, the flaws with Whitefall are innate in the design of the Warfront.
    As if both teams didn't zerg the base at start, thus having the flag anyways.

And it takes no longer than 2 mins.

Took me 3mins RP walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    As if both teams didn't zerg the base at start, thus having the flag anyways.

And it takes no longer than 2 mins.

Took me 3mins RP walking.
    Plus snares and stuns, it'll be a lot more than 2 minutes.

Also, I never Zerg the base with everyone at the start. That's possibly the worst thing you can do in WS.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Huttball anyone?

Keep all changes, make all flag contact ie pickup from base, pickup from drops, on contact. This will if anything make matches a quicker paced thing. In FPS games, when a swarm comes in the base, you know if anybody gets *close* to your flag it's going to get capped. And when the flag drops it's a sudden rush to be the first to touch. It brings a little thrill to the game and speeds the pace up a lot. If we are going to be a bunch of turtle speed players it might as well be made to pickup on contact instead of cast time. The reason whitefall is so slow paced is because flags are defended by interrupts, a by proxy means of defense. You should have to defend flags by killing the enemy, not spamming an aoe. It may sound simple but it's the entire casting time to grab a flag that stunts a lot in Whitefall. Understandable in codex and for stuff like crystals. But for a CTF game, even in real life for gosh sakes, CTF games you typically run up and snatch flags with the qucikness.

This CTF ruleset just defies so many fundamentals of CTF. While I understand not all can translate into an MMO perfectly, the concept of base defense is a total joke in Whitefall. But you would turn the WF upside down simply by taking away the cast bar to pickup flags. If this causes a quicker gain in points you can always raise the cap limit, but I think without run speed matches would be about appropriate time.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

^ That would be really cool
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    ^ That would be really cool
    If you're a Cleric or a Warrior
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    If you're a Cleric or a Warrior
    Or a rogue or a mage
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

The fact that it's incredibly hard to defend your own base reveals a core problem with pvp. The idea that this can be balanced is pure fantasy. Some people like defensive wars of attrition. Some people like quick, bloody ganks. These two kinds of people will never agree on what fun is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast