+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Khalmar

Thread: [Bug] Please fix PvP Rift quest credit....

Shadowlander

Default [Bug] Please fix PvP Rift quest credit....

I'm getting increasingly tired of people exploiting the bug that gives more than 1 PvP Rift closed per PvP Rift. All they do is turn in 1....MAYBE 2 stones before starting to exploit (and afking) and it's really getting on my nerves. It's not right to have to run 8-9 stones for 1 PvP Rift credit where the others get 3-5 and then leaving the raid.

Don't ask me how they do it, I don't want people who don't know how exploit to ruin it for others. After running 7 stones in 1 PvP Rift, I noticed a bunch doing the same thing and I wondered why. This is how I figured it out by standing next to them. If someone from Trion asks, they can do it through PMs.

Just fix this, world PvP is the only thing that's keeping my sanity with PvP in check and even that's dwindling.

People still run PvP rifts?
    ~Quiescent

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    People still run PvP rifts?
    For the amount of prestige/favor you get from the weekly, who wouldn't?

From what I gather, you're annoyed because people run PvP rifts in raids so they get closed faster?

You're talking about running stones, but you're also talking about credit for the daily quest which has nothing to do with running stones.

What's the problem? Raid PvP rifting? People not running stones?

Why not just ask to join their raid?
    ~Quiescent

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    From what I gather, you're annoyed because people run PvP rifts in raids so they get closed faster?

You're talking about running stones, but you're also talking about credit for the daily quest which has nothing to do with running stones.

What's the problem? Raid PvP rifting? People not running stones?

Why not just ask to join their raid?
    You can get credit for 5 closes with just closing 1 rift by exploiting a bug. Most people that I've seen that are exploiting only run 1 stone and make someone else run the rest. People who run the stones will most likely get credit for 1 close since they won't be close enough to take advantage of the bug.

I don't think players getting multiple turn ins for 1 PvP Rift is a bug. PvP Rifts are exceptionally boring, and getting enough people willing to do them is rare. Even when you have 5-7 people doing it, if they continually get ganked (like what happened in a group I was in earlier today) you won't manage to complete the Rift before it closes.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you are concerned with world PvP when you are on a PvE shard. Deepwood is hardly going to be the place to find world PvP. And if you are relying on PvP rifts on a PvE shard to keep your sanity, then you are doomed IMO. Most folks just want to get that weekly done and get far away from those Rifts, as running 35 items at unmounted/debuffed movement speeds is boring as hell, even including the random fights/ganks that happen along the way.

tl;dr- Trion likely won't change this. Transfer to a PvP shard if you want world PvP. You're geared enough for it, and will likely enjoy yourself far more than a PvE shard where most players keep their flags off and where PvP Rifts barely attract 10 people on either side on a really good day.
    Last edited by Tolmos; 03-09-2012 at 03:19 PM.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

+ Reply to Thread