+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Azchire

Thread: Great Job Trion

Shadowlander

Default Great Job Trion

Instead of focusing on the bad, I going to state what trion has done well. Several months back I'd urged trion to make some changes in pvp and they did.

List includes:
    1. consolidate servers (merge battlegroup).
    2. increase R levels in pvp so folks will have a reason to play.
    3. I didn't ask for changes to the atune system but i think they did a decent job on making changes.
    4. merc system - we simply do not have enough players and this system brings balance to pvp. btw, i love to battle against my own guildees, make it a nice challenge

compared to other games mmos like wow, trion has done a great job on make gear somewhat static. who wants to really upgrade their gear every 3 months? the current pvp system means you will have to grind like crazy. Here are some suggestion/ideas that i have that the community can take into consideration.

Ideas:
    1. Built a raid voice chat similar to ventrillo or skype in which raid members can talk with one another. I am sure no other game has offer this yet and trion will be the first. communities or guilds come first, when an mmo dies, you usually lose guilds.
    2. Built an "Instant Adventure type" but instead for pvp where anyone from any cluster can join and
    objectives should consist of defending a fort and the other attacking the fort. when the enemies king or general has been killed an awesome new pvp loot such as a mount (flying mount) can be obtained through rolls.
    3. Lower Merdian and Sanctum Guards to level 49. That way there can be objectives to attack an opposing factions major city (with its leader killed - you can get a new achv. or an awesome mount or even ninja outfit).
    4. Include a new race and let folks change races...for a $10 fee. In-game barber to get a haircut or add a tattoo.
    5. Create a zone area both defiant guards can co-exist mingle/be friends - safe area. In that zone, they can yell or say or even perform a zone chat. this will bring both factions together...biggest thing is communication.
    6. Setup a battlegroup vs. battlegroup (def and guards) are one (think of planets vs. planets) 70vs70.
    7. Create a new pvp war front where we can use tanks/motocycles/any thing on mount that can be a battle instead of just on foot. If this idea works out, then upgrade this idea to a flying mount battle.
    8. the idea of the disease faction that is truly evil. you can do quest to object this disease and once your evil your eyes pupil are full black and both guards or defiants will try to purge you. once you become this faction, you can kill anyone since you will be consider a lone wolf.
    9. recently "The fallen Sons" from Seastone Guards posted a heads-up notice about a premades Q-time and as far as i can tell, this was a major success. The more folks enjoy playing against each other gives the pvp community life. Set up some sort of calendar system in rift to track premade times/schedules so everyone can sync up and enjoy.

These are just some of my ideas that i think trion can look into but there maybe better.
    Last edited by shadowhealz; 03-09-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhealz View Post
    5. Create a zone area both defiant guards can co-exist mingle/be friends - safe area. In that zone, they can yell or say or even perform a zone chat. this will bring both factions together...biggest thing is communication.
    some nice ideas but we can all ready talk to the other faction...
    also the 70 vs 70 thing would lag too much

Neat ideas, but ultimately PvP will be stale and lame until the 2-faction system is scrapped.

Soulwalker

It's an overall good game... i like rift but i am really having bad time playing my level 19 bladedancer in warfronts. Everytime i use my flash of steel to get to melee it begins raining bolts, arrows, fire from every corner... and i'm sent back to the cemetery. I don't know how am i supposed to have fun if i spend around 70% of my time resurrecting at the cemetery.

Don't get me wrong, i like the rich content of rift but imo pvp is really disappointing

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Riftester View Post

Don't get me wrong, i like the rich content of rift but imo pvp is really disappointing
    IMHO, PvP always becomes disappointing when it becomes a CC contest.

CC ruins PvP, not enhances it.

Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    IMHO, PvP always becomes disappointing when it becomes a CC contest.

CC ruins PvP, not enhances it.
    So, you just want to repeatedly apply your face to the keyboard and lolDPS. kk got it. Besides, DR makes CC in this game fairly weak already.
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 03-09-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riftester View Post
    It's an overall good game... i like rift but i am really having bad time playing my level 19 bladedancer in warfronts. Everytime i use my flash of steel to get to melee it begins raining bolts, arrows, fire from every corner... and i'm sent back to the cemetery. I don't know how am i supposed to have fun if i spend around 70% of my time resurrecting at the cemetery.

Bladedancer as a primary soul has never really been all that viable for warfronts. It's more of a PvE soul where survivability is much less of a concern. I love bladedancer as a soul to pair with other souls for some of the nifty tricks, but as a main soul there are better options available to you. NB/RS and battle bards are really the only builds suited to soaking any significant amount of damage. Other builds rely on stealth and mobility to stay alive. Bladedancer doesn't have the defensive capability of NB/RS or the more shifty survival methods of other builds, so when you get focused you go down hard.

List includes:
    1. consolidate servers (merge battlegroup).
    They didn't merge.
    They shuffled the groups after converting several servers to trial.
    No merging involved
    2. increase R levels in pvp so folks will have a reason to play.
    Didn't change at all.
    It only smoothed gear progression.
    No rank requirement for armor.
    Rank requirement for weapons (understandable) and synergy crystals (notoriety)

At most, rank 8 players had to earn 2 more ranks which did...absolute nothing for them.

Just correcting you on those two things.
    Last edited by Aguni; 03-09-2012 at 10:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread