+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning to Rift after long break, questions on classes (PvP)

Telaran

Default Returning to Rift after long break, questions on classes (PvP)

When I left pyros had just been hit with a nerf to their bursty one shot ability, warriors where unstoppable in PvP, marksmen rogues where brutal debuffing killers, followed and chloromancers were topping damage and healing each map. I figure there has been many patches though over the past few months that have shifted the spectrum around. I play a cleric, rogue, and mage and I play mostly for PvP. Can someone provide what the top most popular builds are for each in pvp? I will eventually work my way back into my own customized niche but to get started back up I would like not hit the floor with a very outdated soul tree. Even just the number values for the soul points would be fine. If you just have one particular build that you use with your cleric, mage, or rogue and just want to post that then that's fine too. For my mage I really enjoyed chlorolock if there is versions of that build still viable, on my cleric I really enjoyed inquisitor justicar hybrid type builds, and on my rogue i really enjoyed assassin and marksmen builds. Thanks to those who reply and special thanks to those who post several builds or use the soul calculator to post them! Also any tips as to what big nerfs and buffs have happened and need to be taken into account when i hit the PvP grounds would be nice as well. So far only change I am aware of is that PvP souls no longer exist? 0-o

TL;DR version - Looking for top PvP builds for Mage, Rogue, and Cleric
    Last edited by Suyakun; 03-09-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Suyakun View Post
    When I left pyros had just been hit with a nerf to their bursty one shot ability, warriors where unstoppable in PvP, marksmen rogues where brutal debuffing killers, followed and chloromancers were topping damage and healing each map. I figure there has been many patches though over the past few months that have shifted the spectrum around. I play a cleric, rogue, and mage and I play mostly for PvP. Can someone provide what the top most popular builds are for each in pvp? I will eventually work my way back into my own customized niche but to get started back up I would like not hit the floor with a very outdated soul tree. Even just the number values for the soul points would be fine. If you just have one particular build that you use with your cleric, mage, or rogue and just want to post that then that's fine too. For my mage I really enjoyed chlorolock if there is versions of that build still viable, on my cleric I really enjoyed inquisitor justicar hybrid type builds, and on my rogue i really enjoyed assassin and marksmen builds. Thanks to those who reply and special thanks to those who post several builds or use the soul calculator to post them! Also any tips as to what big nerfs and buffs have happened and need to be taken into account when i hit the PvP grounds would be nice as well. So far only change I am aware of is that PvP souls no longer exist? 0-o

TL;DR version - Looking for top PvP builds for Mage, Rogue, and Cleric
    Roll rogue, they OP and easy to play.

Yup go rogue. They have a tree for every roll, so trees are all unique and powerful to remain competitive.
    Great synergy too.

Pro tip: pick a tree, match it with riftstalker, go afk, and get top KBs and win.

+ Reply to Thread