+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Forced Opposing Faction Teaming

Soulwalker

Default Forced Opposing Faction Teaming

I absolutely hate being forced to play with the opposing faction in WFs. I want to play for the home team, not a bunch of scabs. I wish this feature was removed. I don't need to queue THAT fast. It takes away from the camaraderie we have with our own faction. I'm not looking for a bunch of "/signed". I'm looking for some discussion on this matter. How do YOU feel about quicker queues by playing with the opposing faction?

This topic is new and exciting, please discuss
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Ascendant

This one time I got sent into a warfront on the Defiant side. So I killed Guardians.

Uhmm....ya, that's about it.

Champion of Telara

Sigh, once again we have this thread....

When you queue in kill the people with red names. Dont think about faction, think about red team and green team.

Thats it.

don't remember having long queues, now they're so fast i can't even buy something in the auction house before they pop

would love to go back to quality > quantity wfs where i knew players from my own faction & how they played,etc
    seems like a lot of new names & a big mess now, not as much fun as having known team mates & rivals

9/10 games i'm asking myself "who are these people"
    /boring

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    don't remember having long queues, now they're so fast i can't even buy something in the auction house before they pop

would love to go back to quality > quantity wfs where i knew players from my own faction & how they played,etc
    seems like a lot of new names & a big mess now, not as much fun as having known team mates & rivals

9/10 games i'm asking myself "who are these people"
    /boring
    second that, my shopping time has been drastically cut. The Merctrolls can also be fairly annoying. The only positive thing i've seen from it is being able to play with some of my favorite targets without having to reroll.

Well, I'm all for choice and support op-out for those who want it. Like I've said before, I support individual choice instead of involuntary servitude.

First thing I often do if I'm a Merc is to try to kill one of my own team. But by then I've already decided to play as a Merc anyway, which is my normal response. Yet, I feel a mercenary should not receive a debuff if they choose to leave the match within 40 seconds of discovering that they are one (this allows time for the loading screen and to react to the discovery, but a choice for how to queue would be preferable to that).

As long as I play this game I will be against anyone being forced to be a Mercenary or to somehow be punished for choosing not to be. Anything that has the flavor of involuntary servitude, or punishment for not submitting to it and without a crime having been committed, is extremely reprehensible to me due to my personal real life beliefs, morals, and views based on real world history.

Fast queues and I get to kill the half literate boneheads tarding up 50 chat. Thumbs up from me.

I don't like it >> forced opposed faction teaming.

It can be confusing. It ******s local relationships on fighting PvP servers. And, often ime you come in losers. A team starts going bad in a big way, BADs flee, you get MERCd in. The only thing worse than losing a warfront is losing while your faction team wins. LOL It's like losing twice. I always found Qs pretty quick. This is a fix that was not needed and I'd like out. TYVM
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

r*e*t*a*r*d*s was a verb not a noun
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    snip
    I don't believe there was much of a friendship if they get over a tiff in warfronts.
    If your "friends" can't enjoy playing against you then perhaps you should move to a pure PvE game where you can all run around, holding each other's hands.

If it is THAT much of a big issue to play with different people, then I must wonder if perhaps people are trying to live out stereotypes in this video game.

If you can't enjoy the game for what it provides, then perhaps you learn to relax and not take it so seriously.
    Frustration is normal, but at this point its just senseless whining.
    Last edited by Aguni; 03-09-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    I don't believe there was much of a friendship if they get over a tiff in warfronts.
    If your "friends" can't enjoy playing against you then perhaps you should move to a pure PvE game where you can all run around, holding each other's hands.

If it is THAT much of a big issue to play with different people, then I must wonder if perhaps people are trying to live out stereotypes in this video game.

If you can't enjoy the game for what it provides, then perhaps you learn to relax and not take it so seriously.
    Frustration is normal, but at this point its just senseless whining.
    "hands" is not where i thought you were going with that.

I just switch to Sab/RS and make looting my highest priority.

Why?
    A) As everyone knows X/RS is OP.
    B) Any Guardians that are annoying I can put on ignore
    C) My queue times are no faster
    D) Defiant make Briarcliff basically unplayable most of the time
    E) I don't want to help them gear up
    Even free cost too much now

but at this point its just senseless whining.
    Have no idea whom you are and don't care. I presented reasons in discourse, three of them, as requested. How you confuse that is just a boggle but for your apparent agenda.

Plane Touched

There is just something wrong about being forced to fight for the enemy. A draft system would be where you were put in a wf without queueing up for it... this is worse, you are drafted by the enemy to fight for them against your own side... Just very wrong.

And it has been my experience that as a guardian, 90% of the time, I am forced to the other side only when they are on a losing streak which makes sense if they are short of players cause they are sucking atm. But then I see that there are defiant playing on the other team.. that is just plain wrong.

And I am another one who never had long wait time before.. 1 to 2 minutes max...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast