+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: With 888 valor I am still being one shot

Soulwalker

Default With 888 valor I am still being one shot

I have managed to get myself the Seeker's armor. That has taken me quite a few WF's to do so.

With the same gear grind in the game I left I would have now been competitive damage reduction wise.

The damage output would still have been a little behind, but not by that much.

Now with my 888 valor it seems I have no damage reduction at all the way some people one shot me.

That is not skill. There was no skill involved because I am dead before I know what hit me. Skill means I

have a chance to use one of my defensive abilities to counter what ever they are throwing at me.

Kiting, silencing, damage reduction ability, slip away....you name it. Those are some of the things I

should be able to do before I am dead.

This seems for me like a bad pvp design. A bit of gear grind is ok. Especially the grind to get good

weapons. That gives many a reason to keep playing. A goal to achieve.

What I cannot understand is why new 50's must be slaughtered endlessly just to make top geared

players have no competition. because there isn't. When a R40 or whatever the "gods" are called decides

to kill you he will. He presses 2 buttons and it's over.

My suggestion is this.

Make the first obtainable gear rather easy to get. Even faster than it is now. It gives lots of valor, but

not so much offensive capabilities.

The next item set will not give much more valor but a little bit more damage output and will look better.

Synergy crystals and weapons can be the things that keeps you going as a long term goal.

Right now I do not find skill is very much involved. Eksample. Two Marksmen meet. Both have all their

cd's. Better geared Marksman wins with three quarters health left.

Ascendant

You are not getting one shot, in any way shape or form. You are at the very least wasting 2-3 GCDs of whoever killed you, and for it to (seem) like a one shot they have to use a combination of instant-hit and travel-time casts, and it takes a fair amount of skill to pull off properly.

You're more likely getting focused by multiple people at once.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Just a heads up, a FULL seekers set gives 1000 valor, not 888, you're still wearing pve gear and complaining about dieing.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Just a heads up, a FULL seekers set gives 1000 valor, not 888, you're still wearing pve gear and complaining about dieing.
    Ya, but you need the weapons to fill out the set and you can't get the epic weapons until rank 12. You can get blue PvP weapons for rank 1 but they're not that great. At the end of the day it works out to a little over 4% added damage reduction from 888 -> 1k valor, but I can't see people getting 2-shot on a regular basis with 888 valor. In PvE gear yes, they'll get flattened. Not so much with the PvP.

Soulwalker

I have just bought the rank 12 weapons, and might have more valor. Didn't check properly before posting.

Anyways, I still get 2 shot. Feels like being one shot. It still leaves very little time to react and counter

whatever they have for you.

yesterday for example, there for a rogue that killed me in 2 globals several times over.

Also yesterday this mage cast 2 spells on me and I am dead. Aslo happened several times.

I tried to escape after the first spell landed, but had no chance to get away from spell number 2.

yes I have a cast bar addon and can see if they are hard casting, and he was not.

If he was I would have silenced him.

There was no one else there focusing me either.

It is not skill, it is gear versus gear. And that my friends does bring joy only to the one winning.

I will try a couple of weeks more and see if I bother continue with the gear grind, just to even the fields

a bit.

PS. I am not a keyboard turner

Ascendant

im REALLY SURE, in a month or 2 you will be posting here, why you cant kill a low rank in a few shots, while you are rank40 and fully equipped.

So u just hit r12 and u die a lot... guess what its not gonna get better for at least another 20 ranks. But i dont believe u r getting 1 shotted unless u have 0 valor... Ppl seem to forget that rift has a lot of ranged souls and wfs can have a lot of ppl... so usually when someone kills u really fast, there was someone assisting them and u didnt even see them. Then u have all the noobs wearing noob gear that rush into a full crowd of red name tags and expect to do well, and they r shocked to find out they dont even last a second... well guess what u wont last much longer at r40 either when u get focused by a whole group. Then last thing is that trion made gear valor somewhat equal, but there is a lot of other items that give valor besides the pvp gear set, like enchantements, planar essences, PA etc, so as much as u thin 888 valor is alot, u can probably get almost double that if u max it... not sure how much is it even possible to get, but has to be more then 1200.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by djluxi View Post
    that if u max it... not sure how much is it even possible to get, but has to be more then 1200.
    1400 is possible.

Just a couple practical suggestions.
    Look to crafting an epic weapon(s) with a valor augment and pick up a valor rune for your chest piece. Also, make getting a pvp source engine thingy a priority.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by borabora View Post
    I have just bought the rank 12 weapons, and might have more valor. Didn't check properly before posting.

Anyways, I still get 2 shot. Feels like being one shot. It still leaves very little time to react and counter

whatever they have for you.

yesterday for example, there for a rogue that killed me in 2 globals several times over.

Also yesterday this mage cast 2 spells on me and I am dead. Aslo happened several times.

I tried to escape after the first spell landed, but had no chance to get away from spell number 2.

yes I have a cast bar addon and can see if they are hard casting, and he was not.

If he was I would have silenced him.

There was no one else there focusing me either.

It is not skill, it is gear versus gear. And that my friends does bring joy only to the one winning.

I will try a couple of weeks more and see if I bother continue with the gear grind, just to even the fields

a bit.

PS. I am not a keyboard turner
    One thing that is normally a tremendous benefit is to go into your UI settings and make sure it is set to show ability names (and/or icons, whichever you prefer) in your scrolling combat text. It's the best way to see on the fly what is hitting you and provides you with an invaluable learning tool.

My warriors as a fresh 50 has something like 6700HP. I'd have to check whether or not that's with an endurance buff from somewhere but let's just say to be on the safe side that it's 6000HP base. In order to be two-shot, I'd have to eat two hits for 3000 damage each, as an average. Very, very, VERY little is capable of hitting for that amount of damage in a warfront, and if it does hit for anywhere near that it usually requires a build-up of some sort.

In almost every case where someone has come here claiming they were one-shot/two-shot with modest PvP gear, what really happened is that they got focused without realizing it. If you don't know the exact names of the abilities that killed you, it's a safe bet you're in the same boat.

Set up your UI to provide you with the information you need. Then if you're still having problems at least you can come here and say, "wtf Trion Fulminate + Inferno just insta-gibbed me" or "what gives with assassins hitting for 3k with an opener, 2k with a finisher, and all the nibbles in between flattening me in two seconds?"

Keep in mind also that if you're getting hit that hard, you're up against raiders or top ranked players in non-matched warfronts (or warfronts where they got sent in even though it showed that it was matched for lower ranks.) In other words, it ought not be a frequent occurrence.

poor thing,

Yeah, welcome to the dps fest that is PVP!

So far as damage/burst is concerned, things are NOT going to get that much better/easier on you as you level up those ranks. Once you make the 25ish-40 bracket you get to enjoy the 25-40 wfs where peeps drop like flies. *giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    1400 is possible.
    I have 1389 +50 if I drink the brew
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Soulwalker

I just tried full riftstalker build with extra hp from bard and ranger.

I could survive what I feel was an appropriate amount of time, but I could not do damage at all.

I had 10578 hp from that. Well, that would very fast have dropped down to 5000ish with a couple of

eradicates or purges.

The problem lies in the health pool and the damage the spells do to you. 1 tiny mistake and you are dead.

Mistake as in pummeling 1 microsecond too late, or your fingers can't get back fast enough to your normal

place after pushing a special ability.

I have set my UI to tell me what I am struck with. I see the vex or whatever. Those times I am 2 shot

I know exactly the kind of damage I get. So when one guy kills me fast I know if others were there too

doing damage. I feel the bigger mmo out there has gotten it right as far as survivability goes.

What drew me to this game was the possibilities to try out many plays styles with just one toon.

Since you are so sure it won't get better, I am going to give it a hard thinking over tonight and see if it

is worth it.

Ascendant

I just tried full riftstalker build with extra hp from bard and ranger.

I could survive what I feel was an appropriate amount of time, but I could not do damage at all.

I had 10578 hp from that. Well, that would very fast have dropped down to 5000ish with a couple of

eradicates or purges.

The problem lies in the health pool and the damage the spells do to you. 1 tiny mistake and you are dead.

Mistake as in pummeling 1 microsecond too late, or your fingers can't get back fast enough to your normal

place after pushing a special ability.

I have set my UI to tell me what I am struck with. I see the vex or whatever. Those times I am 2 shot

I know exactly the kind of damage I get. So when one guy kills me fast I know if others were there too

doing damage. I feel the bigger mmo out there has gotten it right as far as survivability goes.

What drew me to this game was the possibilities to try out many plays styles with just one toon.

Since you are so sure it won't get better, I am going to give it a hard thinking over tonight and see if it

is worth it.
    It would be nice if you could tell us exactly what abilities you're getting hit with that are giving you such a hard time. I can tell you straight up it's not Vex.

Rift Chaser

I have managed to get myself the Seeker's armor. That has taken me quite a few WF's to do so.

With the same gear grind in the game I left I would have now been competitive damage reduction wise.

The damage output would still have been a little behind, but not by that much.

Now with my 888 valor it seems I have no damage reduction at all the way some people one shot me.

That is not skill. There was no skill involved because I am dead before I know what hit me. Skill means I

have a chance to use one of my defensive abilities to counter what ever they are throwing at me.

Kiting, silencing, damage reduction ability, slip away....you name it. Those are some of the things I

should be able to do before I am dead.

This seems for me like a bad pvp design. A bit of gear grind is ok. Especially the grind to get good

weapons. That gives many a reason to keep playing. A goal to achieve.

What I cannot understand is why new 50's must be slaughtered endlessly just to make top geared

players have no competition. because there isn't. When a R40 or whatever the "gods" are called decides

to kill you he will. He presses 2 buttons and it's over.

My suggestion is this.

Make the first obtainable gear rather easy to get. Even faster than it is now. It gives lots of valor, but

not so much offensive capabilities.

The next item set will not give much more valor but a little bit more damage output and will look better.

Synergy crystals and weapons can be the things that keeps you going as a long term goal.

Right now I do not find skill is very much involved. Eksample. Two Marksmen meet. Both have all their

cd's. Better geared Marksman wins with three quarters health left.
    I think I can hear the whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulaaaaaaance
    Last edited by Anmila; 03-09-2012 at 05:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast