+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What's with the secret agent mercenaries?

Default What's with the secret agent mercenaries?

I didn't see a post on this anywhere - nor in tech support, but I may be missing it...

What's with the bug with mercenaries? Putting a defiant on our guardian team at beginning, but then said defiant can attack us (the team he's supposed to be a merc for), and respawns at the defiant base, and their screen tells them they are defiant team - yet they can see all our guardian /warfront chat and our movements on the map?... Mostly only a big issue in Whitefall Steppes.

Horrible bug, I'm sure it'll be fixed soon, but I was curious how many people are experiencing this problem or have seen it? Moles who won't quit the WF and instead help their original faction to stomp us. Impossible to win when they know everything we're saying/doing/where we are/where we're going.

This is definitely one of the most annoying bugs I've encountered. I'm wondering if it has something to do with loading screens when the warfront pops.

I was trying to use a teleport NPC when I got a Whitefall match pop. I entered the match in the Defiant base... with a Defiant icon by my name. The flag carrier just outside the spawn was in trouble, getting pwnt... by someone on my own team??? EVERYONE in the match was green to me, so I ended up soul recalling out.

Thank goodness it has never happened to me more than once per hour, or I'd be grumbling about time lost on my favor potions.
    Eshlon@Greybriar

yeah i've seen a cpl videos about it, kinda funny
    you can tell at start if you can't give them assist, they're bugged

Definitely Trion knows about it. Have not heard a peep from them though. Extremely annoying.

Ascendant

I find this bug both annoying and amusing. I wonder if it's the bug that also gives you credit for your daily warfront quest even if you lose. ;)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    I find this bug both annoying and amusing. I wonder if it's the bug that also gives you credit for your daily warfront quest even if you lose. ;)
    Yeah, think so.

Got it in BG t'other day and completed the daily even though we lost.

Ishmael P77
    Shatari P77
    Astelle L54
    Stormbull L50

this happened to me today, was funny can cap all codex flags without being interrupted lol.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Plane Touched

i qued in a 5 man premade and 3 of my members got on the other team but were listed on my teams roster. Long story short we got our ***** beat 8v2 and not to mention my friends could see me in stealth so i couldn't even be a rogue :[ lawl

Quote Originally Posted by pocketemu View Post
    i qued in a 5 man premade and 3 of my members got on the other team but were listed on my teams roster. Long story short we got our ***** beat 8v2 and not to mention my friends could see me in stealth so i couldn't even be a rogue :[ lawl
    wonder if this is why it glitches

Plane Touched

idk i mean it was the only time that my group was split up and i que premade everyday

Telaran

That bug is incredibly amusing with chloro/dom; just standing in mid hitting people for the exact same amount you just healed them confuses your target. and being able to direct heal your team but if splits are up they attack the person you just tried to save. It was fun trying to figure out which target i could do what to.

Ascendant

I've seen this happen as well. It's confusing as hell. The last time I remember seeing it happen was in WS. I wish I could provide more details about what exactly happened but it was so confusing that I don't remember much of it. They were in our raid chat and showed up green to us but they were able to pick up and run our stone is about all I can remember. After that it was a blur of, "Hey, why does that friendly player have the blue pillar of doom...oh, I can attack them..."

Yeah annoying bug... seen it a couple of times... once in Bg a bugged player from other team picked up the fang but because he was green to us we couldnt target him...luckyly his heaers couldnt heal him either so he droped soon on his own, but if he was cleric he could have that fang for whole match and all we could do would be to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by djluxi View Post
    but if he was cleric he could have that fang for whole match and all we could do would be to watch.
    not the whole match, that thing ticks pretty hard & fast
    366 every 5 secs, starting with a 732 tick (for me, not sure if it's a fixed # or based on health %)
    someone with 7500 health can only hold it for 19 ticks (= to < 2mins)

library ticks @ 336 starting with a 672 tick & can be held > 3 mins by the same carrier

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

FYI guys - this is something we're working on a fix for, thanks for your reports

We know it can be annoying, but in the meantime - look out for spies!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast