+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: About the pvp dailies.

Telaran

Default About the pvp dailies.

[Edit]
    I'm suppose to do these quests against players with prestige level 20/30 or more when i'm lvl 7.So i practicly just go there hoping that,either there will be nobody OR my faction (Defiants) will own it at that time.
    Of course that only happened once in the past week(i've been playing for 2 weeks or so).Most of the time i go there and spend 2 hours giving free kills to guardians while i manage to kill 1 mob everytime,IF i get enough time to kill that 1 mob.
    Even worse,earlier there were 2 guardians farming me right next to the ressurection npc.
    This system is so stupid.Not only you make the sheep go against the wolves,but you also tell the wolves "kill 25 of those sheep and you get rewards".
    So what i'm saying is simple.Make the dailies send you at a certain spot depending on your prestige level.
    1/10 IPP
    10/20 shimmersand
    20/30 Stillmoor
    30/40 Ember island
    This should be pretty easy to do and i don't see a reason not to do it.I'm supposed to go and pvp,not go and give free kills to guardians.
    Also high prestige lvled people,don't even bother posting "Then don't pvp kkthxbbqq" because it suits you just fine farming on low geared people.
    Last edited by Alyn; 03-09-2012 at 05:35 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Soulwalker

While what you suggest sounds reasonable on the face of it, it would have the net effect of spreading players so thin that the dailies would become just another bunch of PvE quests.

World PvP at low ranks is tough but there's safety in numbers.

Bring friends
    Do dailies
    ????
    Proft

Or transfer to a PvE shard.

It's so nice, honestly, it is. I have PvE servers now. lol

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RaGeD View Post
    [Edit]
    I'm suppose to do these quests against players with prestige level 20/30 or more when i'm lvl 7.So i practicly just go there hoping that,either there will be nobody OR my faction (Defiants) will own it at that time.
    Of course that only happened once in the past week(i've been playing for 2 weeks or so).Most of the time i go there and spend 2 hours giving free kills to guardians while i manage to kill 1 mob everytime,IF i get enough time to kill that 1 mob.
    Even worse,earlier there were 2 guardians farming me right next to the ressurection npc.
    This system is so stupid.Not only you make the sheep go against the wolves,but you also tell the wolves "kill 25 of those sheep and you get rewards".
    So what i'm saying is simple.Make the dailies send you at a certain spot depending on your prestige level.
    1/10 IPP
    10/20 shimmersand
    20/30 Stillmoor
    30/40 Ember island
    This should be pretty easy to do and i don't see a reason not to do it.I'm supposed to go and pvp,not go and give free kills to guardians.
    Also high prestige lvled people,don't even bother posting "Then don't pvp kkthxbbqq" because it suits you just fine farming on low geared people.
    I always love the gamers who want PvP, but Burger King style -- your way. PvP is PvP. you're either a carebear and play PvE or you like and understand what PvP is and play on a PvP server. If you do choose to play PvP, kindly keep your carebear policies in your pocket and be ready to fight. In the meantime OP, there are more then enough PvE servers for players like you. Go enjoy one and stop trying to ruin PvP for those who understand it isnt hardly ever fair.
    Last edited by Alyn; 03-09-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Simple, get the daily, then do it the next day.

Call me a sucker if you want, but when doing dailies on a PvP server I live and let live unless attacked. I don't expect reciprocation in the least, but I often get it. I was actually doing a pinata just last night on EI and an opposing player warrior ran up flagged for PvP. I had already popped my hots and prepared to be engaged (cleric's don't do well vs warriors, 1v1) but to my surprise he just started whacking the pinata. I was careful not to AoE and when it was done he sauntered off.

This is all irrelevant for the most part to the OP's complaint where it's concerned with the level disparity in combination with the built in incentive to attack. All I can say to that is, I commiserate. I didn't move to a PvP server until I was already R33 and still it was a big adjustment as dailies went from annoying but easy chores to be done in less than an hour to difficult and drawn out saga's with no more reward. All I can offer is going PvE for a month or two or heavy WF grinding until the inequalities lessen.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

You're on a pvp server, open world pvp isn't fair and it shouldn't be. When i was on seastone and doing the dailies i would run into raids of defiants constantly often times making it where i couldn't do them until after they left/the next day. Should they separate them to where groups have to go to one area and solos another? No that would be stupid.

If you don't like it, just transfer to a pve shard, or like i told a friend of mine who started playing not to long ago, ignore the kill 25 quests until your geared, pick them up incase you get into a group but don't bang your head into a wall trying to do that one, do the others and you'll be fine. If you're being camped, QUIT RESPAWNING.
    Last edited by Robes; 03-08-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

So PvP happened on a PvP server? Colour me shocked!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Champion of Telara

No to suggestion. Even if it was a good idea (it isn't) whats to stop a r40 from camping ipp? Will you come and whine about that then? So yes, it's not fair. It's open world pvp. And honestly, if you can't deal with this it's probably better to just transfer.

Telaran

There are some things about pvp I find unsavoury and ill-mannered such as spawn point camping, but getting killed in a contested area whilst questing is what pvp is about - it adds that extra level of excitement.

And don't think that once you reach top level you are safe and can skip round the area solo - most top level players can be taken out by a group of 4 or so medium level players - many the time I have been taunted by a top level player because I couldn't kill them only to have a few buddies turn up and help wipe the smirk off their face (soooo sweeet).

The capability spread between top and bottom of the top lvl is nowhere near as bad as other MMOs I have played - if you find it tough join a good pvp guild and the next time you need help you will hopefully get it.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

PvP is a war. The two factions are against each other. They are fighting to kill each other. There is no such thing as "fair."

Just like in a real war you wouldn't hear this happen:

USA: Sends 10,000 troops and 3 planes.
    China: Why you no fair, USA, we send 9,500 people and 1 planes!
    USA: Sorry, you're right. We'll take back the other 500 people and 2 planes. We apologize for the unfairness!

It's a war and it's about overpowering the enemy in any means necessary. As another person said, there's safety in numbers. I've never had an issue grouping up with others for the quests.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lauwelle View Post
    While what you suggest sounds reasonable on the face of it, it would have the net effect of spreading players so thin that the dailies would become just another bunch of PvE quests.

World PvP at low ranks is tough but there's safety in numbers.

Bring friends
    Do dailies
    ????
    Proft
    Not really.Most players have over 20 prestige.The only zone that would be "empty" would be the 1/10 zone.I say this judging from the people i have runned on and they dmg's i was doing.In a whole week i've only fought with 3-4 guys that i could actually do decent damage.
    Yea i joined a pvp guild (Most Wanted) and did the quests just fine.Still it was not any fun whatsoever.They were just killing em and all i could do was debuffs and pretend i dps (400dmg with fireball is not damage).So even with a group,even if i do get to do the dailies fast,i still don't enjoy it whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyvolus View Post
    I always love the gamers who want PvP, but Burger King style -- your way. PvP is PvP. you're either a carebear and play PvE or you like and understand what PvP is and play on a PvP server. If you do choose to play PvP, kindly keep your carebear policies in your pocket and be ready to fight. In the meantime OP, there are more then enough PvE servers for players like you. Go enjoy one and stop trying to ruin PvP for those who understand it isnt hardly ever fair.
    [Edit]
    I'm ready for a fight,but when i die in 3 seconds (literaly) from a rogue,or get attacked by a mage and do 500dmg with fireball and get 1.1k my readiness is not of much use.I will just die,even if the enemy got 2 fingers.So according to you,the pvp will be ruined if high geared people get nothing by killing low level people?Yep i'm pretty confident that you're one of those "hardcore" players of these days.
    [Edit]

[Edit]
    Last edited by Alyn; 03-09-2012 at 05:34 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Plane Touched

Get angry all you want, still doesn't change the qq stench wafting off this thread.

PVP server = adapt, group up, gear up, or get farmed. I don't think that's ever changed. Noobs going up against high ranks 1v1 has always had a pretty predictable result.
    Whambam - Defiant Warrior - Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Puychaud View Post
    There are some things about pvp I find unsavoury and ill-mannered such as spawn point camping, but getting killed in a contested area whilst questing is what pvp is about - it adds that extra level of excitement.

And don't think that once you reach top level you are safe and can skip round the area solo - most top level players can be taken out by a group of 4 or so medium level players - many the time I have been taunted by a top level player because I couldn't kill them only to have a few buddies turn up and help wipe the smirk off their face (soooo sweeet).

The capability spread between top and bottom of the top lvl is nowhere near as bad as other MMOs I have played - if you find it tough join a good pvp guild and the next time you need help you will hopefully get it.
    There's PvP guilds in this game?

On a serious note, doing the quests the day after you get them is always an option if you're being butchered and have no friends. The dailies used to be a LOT harder to do since you know... everybody did them. Once people max their rep most don't bother since the carrot is a smaller carrot than warfronts provide.

Quote Originally Posted by RaGeD View Post
    [Edit]
    I'm ready for a fight,but when i die in 3 seconds (literaly) from a rogue,or get attacked by a mage and do 500dmg with fireball and get 1.1k my readiness is not of much use.I will just die,even if the enemy got 2 fingers.So according to you,the pvp will be ruined if high geared people get nothing by killing low level people?Yep i'm pretty confident that you're one of those "hardcore" players of these days.
    [Edit]

[Edit]
    Be happy this game isn't full loot on death like some other games I played were. THAT was "hardcore".
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 03-09-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

I never had a problem with the dailies... too many red names running around ... move along come back later, unless there is raid of green names somewhere around, then try to join. If no green names around and the red names still there... do quest next day, its probably gonna be empty. Tryin to go for fair in world pvp is useless... then the same r40 rogue could be screaming how its unffair to get attacked by 5 noobs at the same time. See where i m going. Now if ur problem is about being non competitive at ur rank, that has nothing to do with dailies, but if ur problem is u cant do quests in peace, then pve server is for you. Me i choose pvp server for that very reason... it makes me look behind my back while i smack that mob and makes something boring more exciting, even if i get killed along the way i prefer it that way. If i get killed to many times somewhere i move along, there is never just one thing to do ingame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast