+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By rptb1
  • 1 Post By Skyfoxy
  • 1 Post By starve
  • 1 Post By rptb1
  • 1 Post By Zaros

Thread: Credit for support classes (and buffers/debuffers in general)

Rift Disciple

Default Credit for support classes (and buffers/debuffers in general)

The warfront "scoresheet" shows damage, healing, kills, deaths, and contribution to warfront objectives. It doesn't seem to account any credit to people who've contributed indirectly by buffing/debuffing. Similarly, the favour calculation doesn't seem to assign any credit to buffs or debuffs.

Am I getting any credit for buffs and debuffs?

I enjoy playing bard in warfronts. When I'm with a large group, the buffs and debuffs I'm putting out are making a significant contribution (as well as the AoE heals). But actually, it's hard to tell.

So, I'm working to maintain a boost to attack and spell power, 5% crit on top of 5% physical damage, 7% spell damage (on top of heals). Shouldn't I be credited with all that extra damage, and the favour gains from it?

And this doesn't just apply to bards. Surely *any* buff or debuff ought to get credit.

Or is this already happening and I'm just not noticing?

I have a Bard that I play every now and then that I absolutely love. She is 110% support spec. I have so much fun with her, and feel that I bring a ton of contribution to any group just due to Buffs, Debuffing / CCing the enemy, AoE backup healing, peeling off of clerics, etc.

You won't see me on top of any leader boards for that very reason. I don't do much dps because I'm usually busy supporting in other ways, and you won't see me on the heal charts at the top because Bards are not power-house healers.

I get more **** from people when I play my Bard, because of the score boards. It is sad, because they don't stop to think that it was partly MY contribution by way of my Buffs, Cadences, and Anthems that they got there.

When I play her, I don't bother to even check the scores. There is no point. I get favor and prestige when my team wins and I know that my support and utility can be a critical factor. Good team PvPers know this and are thankful. Everyone else can pretty much kiss my butt if they don't like how I play. I pay for it, and I'm having fun.

Soulwalker

If you're talking about the info chart, sure why not. If you're asking for more favour, don't bother. I've played so many games where the other team had more kills and even though we won, we got like 500-1000 less favour. Oh and if I end up carrying the most runes or capturing the most flags and guarding them, I get much lower than the guy with the most killing blows.
    Last edited by Baccano; 03-08-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edany View Post
    I have a Bard that I play every now and then that I absolutely love. She is 110% support spec. I have so much fun with her, and feel that I bring a ton of contribution to any group just due to Buffs, Debuffing / CCing the enemy, AoE backup healing, peeling off of clerics, etc.

You won't see me on top of any leader boards for that very reason. I don't do much dps because I'm usually busy supporting in other ways, and you won't see me on the heal charts at the top because Bards are not power-house healers.

I get more **** from people when I play my Bard, because of the score boards. It is sad, because they don't stop to think that it was partly MY contribution by way of my Buffs, Cadences, and Anthems that they got there.

When I play her, I don't bother to even check the scores. There is no point. I get favor and prestige when my team wins and I know that my support and utility can be a critical factor. Good team PvPers know this and are thankful. Everyone else can pretty much kiss my butt if they don't like how I play. I pay for it, and I'm having fun.
    whipped whipped whipped
    you should of rolled a defiant we could use you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Edany View Post
    This is how I feel. I know I'm doing useful stuff, playing tactically, and also having fun. But it'd be nice to get a bit of credit too. The pure healers have a chart, after all. Partly I'd like to get numbers in order to improve my own play.

Is there a log parser that can work that out?

Am I getting any credit for buffs and debuffs?
    Yes, by improving your raid's win chance.

just ignore scrubs who yell at you thinking you are "useless" when you bard, they are useless
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoxy View Post
    Yes, by improving your raid's win chance.

just ignore scrubs who yell at you thinking you are "useless" when you bard, they are useless
    Really, I learned long ago not to listen to insults in chat. This isn't about my ego. I'm interested in the numbers and favour for myself, and for bards (and others) everywhere.

But thanks for the encouragement.
    Last edited by rptb1; 03-08-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Soulwalker

bards are definitely awesome to have
    and yes, never pay attention to people who insult/cry. for the most part one thing you will notice these people have in common, is very poor performance on the scoresheet

oh wow then all my erad spamming would actually get my low ranked rogue on the chart since my dps sux? cool

More often than not, the things that actually help your team win (buffs, debuffs, CCs, vital healer kills etc) are not put on the board, which is why it can only be a supplementary judge of how good you are.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

For example, getting half their team to chase me all over the map, wasting their time while we cap. Too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by rptb1 View Post
    For example, getting half their team to chase me all over the map, wasting their time while we cap. Too easy.
    The credit for that is really in the self-satisfaction that you were the main reason your team won.

If you do it enough, people start to notice you though.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    whipped whipped whipped
    you should of rolled a defiant we could use you.
    I have a lvl 45 Defiant ;) Support Bard. It's crazy the love I get when I play her compared to when I play the Guardian. They're both the same except the 45 has **** gear

However, you have far better players than myself. You know this.
    Last edited by Edany; 03-08-2012 at 01:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread