Closed Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "Valor"

Default "Valor"

So in some unnamed patch notes that anyone can find on Google its mentioned that Valor is added to the game. This stat reduces incoming damage received by other players.

Why on earth would you introduce a resilience type stat into the game? Stats like there completely ruin PVP and dictate 100% what gear you are going to be using. If you want to make PVP gear better for PVP why not just slightly increase the stamina on that gear?

Special PVP stats like this pigeonhole people into using certain gear and creates a mindless gear grind in order to have fun PVPing. Please don't make the same mistake WoW made with its awefull Resilience stat.

And before anyone gives me NDA crap i haven't signed anything. This post will probably get locked and deleted anyways :|
    Last edited by Expanse; 01-20-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    So much to do, so little time. We must get to work! Zathras! Zathras! Grrr, never around when he is needed!

Sword of Telara

I havent heard about any such thing being introduced to the game.
    And if you found some unnamed patch notes for the game via Google, they are most likely not true and just someone posting some crap about the game.
    Last edited by Ethelryn; 01-20-2011 at 04:30 PM.

I'd edit your post and request a deletion dude...this isn't known beta info

Isn't Valor a talent?

http://franchisemedia.ign.com/wiki/r...f/fd/Valor.jpg

It would be silly to name them the same.
    Last edited by adeQuaTe; 01-20-2011 at 04:47 PM.
    50 Adequate - Seastone - Cleric - Defiant
    50 Adequate - Laethys - Mage - Guardian

Rift Disciple

the addition of resilience was one of the worst things to happen to wow IMO.

what to differentiate pvp gear?
    give it different skins and more endurance and less crit and less AP

resil is a TERRIBLE IDEA

So long as PvP stays fun I don't care if they have a stat to help them balance things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Expanse View Post
    So in some unnamed patch notes that anyone can find on Google its mentioned that Valor is added to the game. This stat reduces incoming damage received by other players.

Why on earth would you introduce a resilience type stat into the game? Stats like there completely ruin PVP and dictate 100% what gear you are going to be using. If you want to make PVP gear better for PVP why not just slightly increase the stamina on that gear?

Special PVP stats like this pigeonhole people into using certain gear and creates a mindless gear grind in order to have fun PVPing. Please don't make the same mistake WoW made with its awefull Resilience stat.

And before anyone gives me NDA crap i haven't signed anything. This post will probably get locked and deleted anyways :|
    You are either trolling, or confused- I can't decide which so I'll just go for a serious answer:

Valor is the 'point' system you get from PvP to purchase gear. Also, NDA was lifted almost 2 months ago.
    Last edited by Alexial; 01-20-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Expanse View Post

I tried to google it but was unable to find the patch notes you are referring to. Can you link it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexial View Post
    Valor is the 'point' system you get from PvP to purchase gear. Also, NDA was lifted almost 2 months ago.
    I thought that was favor

NDA was lifted for BETA testers. The Valor he's talking about is something new that only ALPHA testers should know, and alpha testers are still bound by NDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

No it's not, that's Favor. And the level 50 PvP ranks use Prestige.

Alpha is still under NDA, and that's the source of the notes that mention valor.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

It was stated in a podcast, that there will be pvp and pve armorsets you wanna use because they are better.. so it wouldn'T surprise me if this turned out true.

It's the same thing as if raidgear would be the best gear due the stats, i don't see the differences...
    If i love pvp i play it a lot, get more Prestige and can claim better pvp armor... if i prefer pve and raids i get those armors..

everyone is pleased and noooooone has to grind the playstyle he doesn't prefer.

my 0.02$ anyway..

Isn't that called Favor?
    50 Adequate - Seastone - Cleric - Defiant
    50 Adequate - Laethys - Mage - Guardian

It sucks that we never get any confirmation posts from developers or anyone on these forums... I would let for a dev to come into this thread and just say "STOP! we know resilience on gear is a stupid idea. We don't be planning on it"

But yeah, I sincerely hope this isn't true.

edit: to clarify how much I hope it isn't true.... The introduction of a resilience-like "Player only" stat on gear would probably be a game breaker for me.

There is absolutely no reason that you should not be able to effectively pvp in pve gear.
    Last edited by Irascible; 01-20-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz 6MB Cache Quad-Core
    Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    8GB 1600MHz RAM
    120GB OCZ Vertex 2 SATA II

Quote Originally Posted by ---AlterEgo--- View Post
    NDA was lifted for BETA testers. The Valor he's talking about is something new that only ALPHA testers should know, and alpha testers are still bound by NDA.
    Bah. Fail read on my part. To google!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast