+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Spend my Favor?

Soulwalker

Default How to Spend my Favor?

Hello everyone, i just got back into rift recently, and am really big into the pvp. so after hours of just non-stop pvp with the favor elixir on i have plenty of favor to spend. but now my question is this..

how do i spend it?

do i get full legioners armour, with rings and necklace, and the work my way straight to conqueors gear, then get all the prestige weapons, and source stone core and essences Afterward?

or do i do 1 level at a time? get full legionears, along with neck, ring, and full PvP source core, and then at rank 12 prestige get the Weapons, both main hands and ranged, then start working on the next set of armour upgrading my legionears, and continue doing that?

would really appreciate the help <3

On the right side of where your bag icons are at is an icon that you can click to show all your currencies, including Favor. You spend them with vendors that accept Favor (I think the earliest level area is Gloamwood), and I think just one vendor in the PvP Quests acceptance area until you turn 50. Sorry, can't answer your other questions about the gear, but your choices are limited as to what you can buy with Favor until your toon turns 50.
    Last edited by Taptap; 03-07-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by arsinic12345 View Post
    or do i do 1 level at a time? get full legionears, along with neck, ring, and full PvP source core, and then at rank 12 prestige get the Weapons, both main hands and ranged, then start working on the next set of armour upgrading my legionears, and continue doing that?
    I believe, if you check, that you can only get the high rank armour by upgrading, so you can't skip. Check with the vendors.

Soulwalker

oh i know i cant skip armor sets, what i meant was. do i go for the conqueor armor straight away not stoping to get the prestige weapons or acessories like source core, ring, neck, and essences. Or do i get all that stuff and upgrade it along the way aswell.

Soulwalker

Valor is extremely important to maintain survive-ability, and do anything worth while, imho.

I would suggest going for all first level armor, weapons, rings, and amulet first. Then, two choices:
    - either, go for a source core to max your valor, and come back to gear upgrades for stats (my choice)
    - or, upgrade your gear directly for stats to be more effective, and come back for your core.

As another bit of advice, if your notoriety is there you can by valor runes, so I plan on upgrading key slots all the way to max level items, and then rune them with pvp runes to get even more valor.

Worth noting also that I heal, so my primary objective is to survive, secondary is to buff stats for bigger heals.
    Last edited by Kiwiguy; 03-08-2012 at 08:51 AM.

I assume you're looking to become as effective in PvP as quickly as you can.

I can't tell you the 100% best way to go about this, but hopefully I can give you a few tips:

Do you already own good weapons from PVEing? If so, consider holding off on purchasing PVP weapons until they are equal to or better than your current PVE weapons, especially if you plan to mostly DPS. The valor gain on weapons is the smallest compared to other armor pieces.

If you don't have good weapons yet, I'd go ahead and get the PvP ones before upgrading anything.

Same thing goes for cores. Do you like to DPS and already own a good DPS core (all T2 essences)? You can probably hold off on a valor core/essences for a little while.

If you plan on playing defensively (especially healer/support/etc.), consider getting the valor core+essences sooner. (Also note: when you go to purchase your essences, there's a little check box on the bottom of the merchant page that says something along the lines of "show filtered items"... you can use this to view ALL available essences, not just the ones for your class. This will enable you to get a full set of 6 purple valor essences.)

I consider synergy crystals to be optional. Especially since when you upgrade armors, you start breaking the set bonuses.
    Eshlon@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Arynite View Post
    I consider synergy crystals to be optional. Especially since when you upgrade armors, you start breaking the set bonuses.
    I've come to that conclusion too. They seem particularly badly designed in a system where you're definitely going to break your sets.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Arynite View Post
    I assume you're looking to become as effective in PvP as quickly as you can.

I can't tell you the 100% best way to go about this, but hopefully I can give you a few tips:

Do you already own good weapons from PVEing? If so, consider holding off on purchasing PVP weapons until they are equal to or better than your current PVE weapons, especially if you plan to mostly DPS. The valor gain on weapons is the smallest compared to other armor pieces.

If you don't have good weapons yet, I'd go ahead and get the PvP ones before upgrading anything.

Same thing goes for cores. Do you like to DPS and already own a good DPS core (all T2 essences)? You can probably hold off on a valor core/essences for a little while.

If you plan on playing defensively (especially healer/support/etc.), consider getting the valor core+essences sooner. (Also note: when you go to purchase your essences, there's a little check box on the bottom of the merchant page that says something along the lines of "show filtered items"... you can use this to view ALL available essences, not just the ones for your class. This will enable you to get a full set of 6 purple valor essences.)

Thank you so much for your response. and the guy before you :P. i do have a decent PvE weapon, "Savage Blood-Fordged Claymore". so by what you said i should be fine i guess for now. I play a DPS Warrior so i play offensivly. MY source core is pretty crappy though. its just the basic level 50 blue essences, like +10 str, +10 dex, +7 crit. or something like that. so nothign too special. im guessing i should get the full PvP source core then. I really do hate diing in 1v1's and stuff like that or dieing so fast in big battles so im guessing that means i should upgrade everything along the way instead of going striaght for the conquoer gear.

Any other tips, suggestions from my comments?

This is what i plan to do. Atm I have full set of T1 pvp gear, and the blue pvp weapons. I will make sure I have enough favor to buy the rank 12 weapons when I hit rank 12, and in the meantime save up for the Sigil and stones.

As soon as I have the weapons, I will compare stats, and always upgrade the one who gives the higher stat boost. On some items that means I will go right for the T3 if it gives a higher boost than going for T2 on another piece.

As the T1,T2 and T3 have the same amount of valor, and only some pieces have a minor increase in vengeance, I will focus on getting the Sigil and sourcestones. Might even take the T1 synergy crystal as I probably will have 4 pieces of T1 long enough to defend the favor cost.

I also have the +50 crafted valor rune on chest, and will keep applying that one on every chest as the cost is close to none.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=313366&dateline=12990  91199

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Azraehl View Post
    This is what i plan to do. Atm I have full set of T1 pvp gear, and the blue pvp weapons. I will make sure I have enough favor to buy the rank 12 weapons when I hit rank 12, and in the meantime save up for the Sigil and stones.

As soon as I have the weapons, I will compare stats, and always upgrade the one who gives the higher stat boost. On some items that means I will go right for the T3 if it gives a higher boost than going for T2 on another piece.

As the T1,T2 and T3 have the same amount of valor, and only some pieces have a minor increase in vengeance, I will focus on getting the Sigil and sourcestones. Might even take the T1 synergy crystal as I probably will have 4 pieces of T1 long enough to defend the favor cost.

I also have the +50 crafted valor rune on chest, and will keep applying that one on every chest as the cost is close to none.

oh wow i didnt even realize that the T1,T2 and T3 all have same valor :P now i deffently will get the source core and stone and get both rank 12 prestige weapons before upgrading the T1 gear. Thanks for pointing that out :P

Soulwalker

But do i continue to use my PvE weapon "Savage Blood-Forged Claymore" or do i buy the rank 12 prestige 2h battle axe for my warrior??

my weapons stats are:
    47.9 dps
    127-236 weapon damage
    114-212 damage every 2.3sec
    71 str
    46 dex
    35 end
    43 crit
    76 hit

with a +24 hit rune on it.

Suggestions welcome

+ Reply to Thread