+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Stop Twink Posts

Default Stop Twink Posts

No one cares bout PvP when its not end game, nor should they try balance or "fix" it. Its there purely for fun while levelling up. If you don't wish to level up you are a twink yourself. If you aren't finding it fun you can go do quests or dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    No one cares bout PvP when its not end game, nor should they try balance or "fix" it. Its there purely for fun while levelling up. If you don't wish to level up you are a twink yourself. If you aren't finding it fun you can go do quests or dungeons.
    Heh! The definition of a Rift twink seems to change to match the personal agenda of the person using the term! Me, I lock xp at x9 until I'm done with obtaining dungeon gear, or gear from other sources, at that toon level in prep for the next toon x0 through x9 bracket. Meanwhile, at x8 or x9 I go into warfronts, not before then because I don't see any benefit of being under geared when I don't have to be. If I happen to target some under geared player in a warfront all I can do is wonder why they are in a warfront under geared and at a lower toon level for a bracket, since they don't have to be and that also means they can still do a warfront for their bracket with locked xp until they are ready to go to the next bracket. Swatting under geared players is just an undesired byproduct that those players could avoid (but don't take the time and effort needed to). I guess that makes me a big bad twinkie, lol, and if so - oh well, I still get competition. Bunzy, let them complain. It's interesting and sometimes amusing watching people learn the new way of playing Rift that 1.7 brought.

BTW, I had the honor on one of my toons of playing alongside you in a 50 warfront a couple of months ago. I focused you so I could watch how you play, it was educational. Are you leveling alts now and have or will you twink them pre level 50?
    Last edited by Taptap; 03-07-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    BTW, I had the honor on one of my toons of playing alongside you in a 50 warfront a couple of months ago. I focused you so I could watch how you play, it was educational. Are you leveling alts now and have or will you twink them pre level 50?
    No alts for me
    I have no intention of twinking at this point in time.

Rift Disciple

The situation could really do with a thoughtful, authoritative statement from Trion. The reason there are so many posts is that people feel they are screaming into the void and not getting any satisfaction. If Trion even said "working as intended" it would shut people up, even if they weren't totally happy.

Quote Originally Posted by rptb1 View Post
    The situation could really do with a thoughtful, authoritative statement from Trion. The reason there are so many posts is that people feel they are screaming into the void and not getting any satisfaction. If Trion even said "working as intended" it would shut people up, even if they weren't totally happy.
    Working as intended.

Soulwalker

So you quest to level 50 and what? Expect super awesome PvP fun at level 50? End game PvP in this game is horrible, people just grind favour and prestige and overpower people with lower ranked items, simple as that. Now it's being done at the lower levels too, so new players have face that every bracket plus a painfully long experience at level 50 before they too could 2 shot fresh 50s. And to top that off, the matchmaking system is such a failure. It say's rank 1-20, but more than half are usually R40. I'd rather have a 5v5 with R1-R20 rather than 15v15 where half of them are R40.

I've been in many games where my team got camped just like in the lower brackets. End-game isn't any different, it's just the same as the lower levels other than having the same soul tree.

Except you whined about it in 50 bracket, then went the even lazier route.

Quote Originally Posted by Baccano View Post
    So you quest to level 50 and what? Expect super awesome PvP fun at level 50? End game PvP in this game is horrible, people just grind favour and prestige and overpower people with lower ranked items, simple as that. Now it's being done at the lower levels too, so new players have face that every bracket plus a painfully long experience at level 50 before they too could 2 shot fresh 50s. And to top that off, the matchmaking system is such a failure. It say's rank 1-20, but more than half are usually R40. I'd rather have a 5v5 with R1-R20 rather than 15v15 where half of them are R40.

I've been in many games where my team got camped just like in the lower brackets. End-game isn't any different, it's just the same as the lower levels other than having the same soul tree.

At least its preparing you for whats to come.

Think of it as training.

Twinks are big fish in the little pond.
    Fresh 50s they become the little fish in the big pond.
    R8 are the big fish in the big pond.

Also in end game you can actually go do some world pvp because you aren't in the small pond anymore.
    Last edited by Bunzy; 03-08-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Twinks are big fish in the little pond.
    Fresh 50s they become the little fish in the big pond.
    Fresh 50's don't even rate as fish.

More like plankton.

I happen to think twinks ruin competitive and fun PVP....but your point here is very valid.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

If no one cares about non-endgame PVP, then no one should care if they get rid of the twinks.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    Fresh 50's don't even rate as fish.

More like plankton.

I happen to think twinks ruin competitive and fun PVP....but your point here is very valid.
    lol plankton xD

but seriously... twinking is crap.

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionitro View Post
    lol plankton xD

but seriously... twinking is crap.
    lol @plankton, so true!

Locked twinking < level 50 is one way to save up all that Favor you'd be real glad to have for gear when you first turn 50. Then you'd be a little higher on the food chain, able to be crabby (with claws!) instead of just being plankton. That's some improvement. The fresh 50's, who couldn't lock xp at 49 so they could get Favor for that gear before they turned 50, kinda got the mess over with 1.7. Haven't heard them complaining, I guess they're a tough bunch.

BTW Bunzy, you were a mercenary and really gave us Guardians a talk about how good we performed in that match I was in with you. lol, yes Guards lost (again). To bad the merc bug didn't affect you, might have made you and the team feel better.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rptb1 View Post
    Here you go. Quoting Scott Hartsman from interview in Game Informer Magazine I received today in the mail. In response to question about natural characters getting steamrolled by twinks:

"Judging by the stats, there have not been many cases of that at all. I know that the fear of it happening was a lot greater than the reality of it happening. Our game, unlike some other games, doesn't have the incredibly broken, overpowered stuff that really causes that problem, and that was an intentional part of the item and spell design. So the fear of it was definitely huge, but in reality it doesn't exist too terribly much.

Now, that said, if that ever did happen we'd have no problem - the same way we have rank bracketing at level 50, we could easily do gear level bracketing at lower levels. Our system inherently supports it if we ever need to. But we look at the stats every day, and so far it doesn't look like it."

Doesn't get much more definitive than that.

date of that interview vs date these posts started?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    date of that interview vs date these posts started?
    The date of the interview is not given, but it is in the current (April) edition of the magazine. The main title of the article is "Rift Turns One".

The article insinuates the interveiw took place on or about March 1st.
    Last edited by schmoosh; 03-08-2012 at 03:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast