+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Stop Twink Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schmoosh View Post
    The date of the interview is not given, but it is in the current (April) edition of the magazine. The main title of the article is "Rift Turns One".

The article insinuates the interveiw took place on or about March 1st.
    I looked around there and could not find anything about this, even using their search box, so I guess only paying members of that site can access that interview info at all (not even a teaser). Interesting; seems that would only be a targeted audience. I wonder why our own game management doesn't make that kind of info officially available without having to go pay a 3rd party. Thanks for the info and I do believe the report, but to bad many of us can not verify it without seemingly having to give up some money.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    I looked around there and could not find anything about this, even using their search box, so I guess only paying members of that site can access that interview info at all (not even a teaser). Interesting; seems that would only be a targeted audience. I wonder why our own game management doesn't make that kind of info officially available without having to go pay a 3rd party. Thanks for the info and I do believe the report, but to bad many of us can not verify it without seemingly having to give up some money.
    I'm sure plenty of gamers here have a sub to that mag. Its on page 24. I'm not posting an opinion on twinking, just providing info.

In the same mag, Assassins creed 3 is set during the revolutionary war. Looks kinda cool.
    Last edited by schmoosh; 03-08-2012 at 05:23 PM.

I'm sure plenty of gamers here have a sub to that mag. Its on page 24. I'm not posting an opinion on twinking, just providing info.
    Post your opinion on it, don't be shy.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

In the same mag, Assassins creed 3 is set during the revolutionary war. Looks kinda cool.
    That does sound interesting, I like history so anything even resembling it in a fantasy way sounds appealing. Takes more than that to get my $ though, lol.

Right, I do not question your integrity at all. As I said previously, I believe. I just went on a side rant because I felt slighted, I pay this game not that magazine and I expect to know everything important from its sources, not some 3rd party, and so I felt snubbed (maybe even insulted, but not by you at all). I thank you very much for the info you gave me and anyone else interested. My forums crusade has switched from whatever it was before (lol I forget now, it all means so little! and the comp room is to hot to play the game just yet so here I am) to the issue of twinks, which has gotten to the name calling stage by the anti-twinks in some threads, so I've been using that info you provided in my discussion comments and that's why I wanted to independently verify it and was upset when I could not (but not at you by any means).

Rift Disciple

Here you go. Quoting Scott Hartsman from interview in Game Informer Magazine I received today in the mail. ...
    Excellent. Thanks schmoosh.

Now all we need is for the forum mods to put this statement in a big bright sticky, and close twink threads with a link to it. (That might only be more incendiary though.)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Post your opinion on it, don't be shy.
    I don't have a strong opinion on twinks. from what I've seen most twinks in rift are just bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    No one cares bout PvP when its not end game, nor should they try balance or "fix" it. Its there purely for fun while levelling up. If you don't wish to level up you are a twink yourself. If you aren't finding it fun you can go do quests or dungeons.
    From what I deducted it's a small crowd who can express grave concern, but even then maybe not.

- If you do lower level pvp for the experience, roll up one, get those levels in a few days, and start twinking yourself out and immerse yourself more into the lower level pvp realm. Twinks should be non issue to this person.

- You only care about 50 and view everything in between as a means to fill that xp bar 49 times. Win or Loss is probably whatev to these people, que, play, que, play, que, play, lets hit 50. These people I doubt care about twinks. They have bigger goals, are not in it for the lower level great pvp experience, and will leave entire brackets in a matter of days.

- People who level up very casually and slowly purely in WFs. This is the grey area. These people probably have the 50 stuff in mind, but also don't want to walk a deathly obnoxious gauntlet during that slower paced casual tread. But the gotcha here is that, if you are spending that much time and taking a slower pace, you also have lesser of an excuse to beef yourself up a little bit every several levels as you can. Just as you would in pve if you take your time, you would/should do in pvp. You may not match the twink gear but, you should be able to still roll higher than most peoples average WF gear in low levels. Most people, like myself (and from inspecting), wear lots of green garbage and/or empty slots. If you take minimal time to get half-way decent gear, you are already a head of half the pack.

So really I am not sure where the need to complain about twinks is. You either shouldn't care, or if you do you are in a position to meet them even and the bar is simply raised a bit now that some people major in low level wf's in their boredom time.

Non issue.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

This was a thread about threads, moderation, and Trion's policy. Please don't let it become another twink debate thread. The whole point was that there are enough of those already!

Quote Originally Posted by rptb1 View Post
    This was a thread about threads, moderation, and Trion's policy. Please don't let it become another twink debate thread. The whole point was that there are enough of those already!
    Bunzy said
    "No one cares bout PvP when its not end game, nor should they try balance or "fix" it. Its there purely for fun while levelling up. If you don't wish to level up you are a twink yourself. If you aren't finding it fun you can go do quests or dungeons."

He didn't say it's a thread about threads, moderation, and Trion's policy. Let him speak for himself instead of putting words in his mouth. I read it to mean something entirely different: that he thinks x-bracket pvp is not worthy of any fix based upon complaints about twinks, that a person is a twink if they gear up and/or lock xp in an x-bracket, only level 50 pvp is worthy of attention, and if you don't like it then go do something else. But that's my own opinion of what he said, and the lack of verbosity in his OP leaves plenty of room for differing interpretations of what is actually meant.

I do agree that there are several existing threads somehow related to twinks, and I tend to comment in them because they all relate to how the game has changed since 1.7. My review of history is that when such threads are not shut down by being consolidated it's because there is genuine official interest and something will happen (we just don't know what, so it's a gab fest until then).

Rift Disciple

He didn't say it's a thread about threads, moderation, and Trion's policy. Let him speak for himself instead of putting words in his mouth.
    Not my intention. I was referring to what the thread had become, and that it was more useful and interesting like that than yet another direct twink debate thread. I politely and respectfully suggest that we might keep this thread on the meta issue.

... My review of history is that when such threads are not shut down by being consolidated it's because there is genuine official interest and something will happen (we just don't know what, so it's a gab fest until then).
    Yes, I've been thinking this is likely. Ever have the feeling you're being watched?
    <.<
    >.>
    Last edited by rptb1; 03-09-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Shadowlander

Obviously everyone here does, too bad for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2