Soulwalker

Default Having trouble picking my class for PvP

I have the Following

50 Warrior
    30 Cleric
    32 Mage
    36 Rogue
    26 Warrior - don't ask

I want to have some sort of PvE farming ability while being able to ravage PvP and wouldn't mind winning duels.

I like all the classes but I need to focus on one and get R40.

I like having range and flashy numbers (crits) to make me feel special lol.

Help me decide or I will have to coin flip!

Cleric seems like the class you would like the most, they have great aoe mob farming ability and you can go from heals/dps in pvp. Fully geared r40 clerics hit pretty damn hard so you will enjoy the 2k+ crits on people

Clerics are built for healing, if you want a solid dps class roll a Mage or Warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Champion

Default I think he meant to say

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Cleric seems like the class you would like the most
    I think he meant to say Warrior.

You've already got it to level 50 and the huge incoming change to warrior is very likely going to make them stupidly OP. The devs claim they're "only changing the mechanics of how warrior damage is applied" but, when have they ever NOT gone insanely overboard with class changes!?

Any class in R40 gear can AoE farm anything lvl 50, so in that respect anything will do.

As for ranged and flashy hit crits.... Mages and Rogues have a huge number of these. It's possible with Clerics, but you REALLY have to know what you're doing. With MM Rogues, it's numbingly easy, with mages, it's still easy but less so than rogues.

As for winning duels, again, it all depends on how well you know your class and the class you're dueling. I'd say Clerics are less likely to win R40 duels. I'm not saying they can't win, but with the burst damage of the other classes, Clerics usually don't last long enough to win. Warriors are insanely tough in duels. Lots of stuns/fears/shutdowns, high armor, high mitigation. Rogues can kill *really* quickly with melee. Lots of huge burst damage. Mages usually need to keep their opponent at a distance or they'll die. If you're good at kiting with a mage, you'll win.

It really comes down to which class you like the most. At R40, they all have great DPS... you just need the gear, the build, and the practice getting it right.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 03-07-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Rift Disciple

Rogues are OP and easy to play

Quote Originally Posted by HUGEBUGOMGHELP View Post
    Pretty sure you're terrible at whatever class you currently play in rift to make this assertion. I bet youre not even rank 40 yet, get off the forums and get it.

I joined codex as rogue and got away with kb 29/0 by just smashing 3 macros, one nice skill, mount and healing consumable stuff.
    Last edited by Skyfoxy; 03-07-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Pretty sure you're terrible at whatever class you currently play in rift to make this assertion. I bet youre not even rank 40 yet, get off the forums and get it.
    Pretty sure again you dont know what your talking about. Rogues are easy to play and are OP. Every try playing marksman? They are easy mode and dish out tons of damage with little effort.

Quit trolling the boards, you never have anything constructive to say to anyone about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Pretty sure again you dont know what your talking about. Rogues are easy to play and are OP. Every try playing marksman? They are easy mode and dish out tons of damage with little effort.

Quit trolling the boards, you never have anything constructive to say to anyone about anything.

That's because no one has anything worth while responding to, all I see are kids wanting gear in a gear based MMO to be meaningless in pvp and pve, and they want E-Sport pvp that currently exists in other games that have a much higher subscriber base than RIFT.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGEBUGOMGHELP View Post
    Would have to agree, along with anyone else that has rerolled one too I'm sure.
    Easy to learn, easy to play, easy to do well, tough to master.

Even has trees for everything, any style of play. And each of those trees has to be competitive to other classes that require multiple trees, so they're very synergistic for pvp, i.e. anything/riftstalker.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 03-07-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    That's because no one has anything worth while responding to, all I see are kids wanting gear in a gear based MMO to be meaningless in pvp and pve, and they want E-Sport pvp that currently exists in other games that have a much higher subscriber base than RIFT.
    If there is nothing worth responding to, why don't you not respond? (isn't that common sense? and you said it yourself....).

I will never understand some people......

Plane Touched

Depends on what you like.
    If you like to make people smile, then healing Cleric.
    If you like ranged DPS, then Mage/MM Rogue/Cleric.
    If you like Melee DPS, then Rogue/Warrior.
    If you want a nice mix of ranged and melee, then NB Rogue/RB Para hybrid Warrior.
    If you like just annoying the crap out of people, VK Warrior/Dom Mage.

My opinion varies from week to week, but I would have to say a mage is the most fun to play.

And rogues are by far the easiest class to play, probably followed by warrior or DPS cleric, then mage, then healing cleric (harder trying to keep a whole raid up, not harder staying alive).

Rogues are very OP now.

I enjoy dealing like zero damage but never dying, as well as making people want my body, so healing cleric is for me.

Honestly, theres too many dps and not enough heals, like ever.

+ Reply to Thread