+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Delkaro
  • 1 Post By Sykk
  • 1 Post By Sykk

Thread: Twinks in Warfronts

Soulwalker

Default Twinks in Warfronts

I created a new character as I was coming back to Rift and i loved the low level pvp it was fun and a easy way to progress in the game. However each time I get into a warfront i see about 4 - 5 level 19/29/39 twinks, which are obviously people that cant deal with the higher lvl pvps because they suck to much. Despite that I think that in Rift you should only be able to lock xp after lvl 40, because at lvl 49 there are so many twinks its a pretty even fight, but at low lvl people just want to lvl instead of getting trampled on.

So... my main message is to basically rant about twinks as you can see and just provide a suggestion to Rift. But for all those that are twinks out there that think they are pretty cool because you can kill low lvls for fun... learn how to play the game because you will get owned disgustingly in 50 pvp.

Default Why I Twink - more fun for time invested

I don't twink because I suck at high levels.

I twink because I have limited time available for grinding, so I cannot reach p40 with top gear for that bracket.

I left Rift because of that. I just stopped grinding my 50 toons.

I returned when I heard I could twink my level 29 toon and enjoy essentially the same experience as a P40 who had more game time to grind the 900,000 prestige, or whatever it was.

But really, level 50-P4 and level 29-twink Codex is not a very different experience.

At level 29-top gear I found that you have better gear so your toon is very, very effective.

Level 50 has more spells so it is a bit more complex for SOME classes. But it's not that big a deal as far as I can see. I have a P25 warlock and a P19 rogue, so I know what 50 PvP is like.
    Last edited by Jural; 03-08-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Don't take this the wrong way, but...

There are 4 twink related threads in the first 10 threads in this forums. What you're doing is considered spamming and this thread will very likely be locked by a CM (if they're paying attention).

Please look before you post and, if there is already a thread related to the topic you want to address, add your thoughts to that post. Creating numerous, redundant threads only clutters up the forums.

Rift Chaser

This is a common tactic by crybabies. Make a bunch of one post threads so it "looks" like there is an uproar when there actually isn't. It's an old method and I am sure Trion can see right through it.
    Jogyn@Seastone P8 Rogue
    Jogyn@Brocliff P2 Cleric
    Kitethis@Seastone 39

Quote Originally Posted by Wargawd View Post
    This is a common tactic by crybabies. Make a bunch of one post threads so it "looks" like there is an uproar when there actually isn't. It's an old method and I am sure Trion can see right through it.
    then why are you bumping it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    then why are you bumping it?
    Postcount is important.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Rift Chaser

It's gonna get locked anyways. There is like 10 dudes on the entire forum who are posting against twinking, and maybe 5 of them like yourself are posting non stop trying to saturate threads to make it look like it's a problem. Its a tired old method that I do not think Trion falls for anymore... just sayin.
    Jogyn@Seastone P8 Rogue
    Jogyn@Brocliff P2 Cleric
    Kitethis@Seastone 39

How come all this twink spam doesn't get locked but arena's did?

These threads have just as little substance as any of those did.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 03-08-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargawd View Post
    It's gonna get locked anyways. There is like 10 dudes on the entire forum who are posting against twinking, and maybe 5 of them like yourself are posting non stop trying to saturate threads to make it look like it's a problem. Its a tired old method that I do not think Trion falls for anymore... just sayin.
    i'm trying to offer solutions for both sides, unlike yourelf
    i don't have any alts that twinks are affecting, i have two 50s & a level 8 mage that i never play
    i've also played twinks
    that pretty much makes me unbias

not to mention you've posted in each thread then complain about my posting in them for some form of attention so that they're all over the forum....

contributing to the problem you're complaining about
    you could choose to not post in them & they'll die- or bump other threads to bury them
    Last edited by Sykk; 03-08-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    How come all this twink spam doesn't get locked but arena's did?

These threads have just as little substance as any of those did.
    Because the arena spam was 5 times worse.

Also of note...

They did not lock all the arena threads. They tried to funnel the discussion into a few of the more active threads.

They have locked twink related threads as well as arena threads, along with pretty much any topic that ends up flooding the forums with useless, redundant posts.
    Last edited by Meina; 03-08-2012 at 11:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread