Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Twinks, are you kidding me?

Rift Chaser

Default Twinks, are you kidding me?

Not long after resubbing after a ten month break(well, actually, I never thought I'd play again), I am already regretting having subbed. The account is already canceled, but I will continue to play through the remainder of the time.

Twinks. That's all. I can't even act. A 39 twink in a bg earlier turned me into a squirrel, charges up his biggest cast, then kills me before I can even react after being broken out of the transformation. This didn't just happen once, it happens every.single.time I encounter this guy in pvp, and the worst part of it is, he's not the only one! I loved pvping in this game at launch, and leveling while pvping, it was so much fun. On the weekends, I love staying in and playing Rift and being in Warfronts most of the time, now, not so much. Once the sub is up, I'm already out again, who knows for how long this time. What sucks is, I had my brother, my girlfriend, and a real life friend who was thinking about resubbing to play with me. I've already told them not to bother.

I loved this game up until I saw how twinks are ruining pvp. It makes the leveling experience in warfronts unbearable. With other MMOs recently being released, or releasing new expansions, or on the horizon, Trion can't afford to let nonsense like this run rampant.

Best suggestion I can give you:

Level out of that bracket lol. Twinks are here now, oh well! You'll hit 50, be under geared, and be getting hit from a p40 mage the same.exact.way.

G/l!
    Unthinkable
    World's Greatest Dwarf
    <dwarves with hats>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Achaiah View Post
    Not long after resubbing after a ten month break(well, actually, I never thought I'd play again), I am already regretting having subbed. The account is already canceled, but I will continue to play through the remainder of the time.

Twinks. That's all. I can't even act. A 39 twink in a bg earlier turned me into a squirrel, charges up his biggest cast, then kills me before I can even react after being broken out of the transformation. This didn't just happen once, it happens every.single.time I encounter this guy in pvp, and the worst part of it is, he's not the only one! I loved pvping in this game at launch, and leveling while pvping, it was so much fun. On the weekends, I love staying in and playing Rift and being in Warfronts most of the time, now, not so much. Once the sub is up, I'm already out again, who knows for how long this time. What sucks is, I had my brother, my girlfriend, and a real life friend who was thinking about resubbing to play with me. I've already told them not to bother.

I loved this game up until I saw how twinks are ruining pvp. It makes the leveling experience in warfronts unbearable. With other MMOs recently being released, or releasing new expansions, or on the horizon, Trion can't afford to let nonsense like this run rampant.
    You can quit, or you can gear to be competitive. It doesn't take a whole lot, though I have to say that depending on your build, pyro/doms are still a force to be reckoned with no matter what gear you have.

If you spend most of your time in warfronts then it makes sense that you'd be willing to gear to be competitive. There seems to be this constant push from casuals in PvP who refuse to accept that Rift is a gear driven game. Leveling warfronts were never balanced. You were never truly competitive until you were at or near the top of the level range for a given bracket anyway. The gear twinks are using in the 30-39 bracket is gear that has been in the game since launch and doesn't take any special effort to obtain. You can be 80% of the way to being competitively geared by level 35 for the 30-39 bracket.

What you can't do is show up to warfronts in your leveling greens and expect to succeed anymore.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    You can quit, or you can gear to be competitive. It doesn't take a whole lot, though I have to say that depending on your build, pyro/doms are still a force to be reckoned with no matter what gear you have.

If you spend most of your time in warfronts then it makes sense that you'd be willing to gear to be competitive. There seems to be this constant push from casuals in PvP who refuse to accept that Rift is a gear driven game. Leveling warfronts were never balanced. You were never truly competitive until you were at or near the top of the level range for a given bracket anyway. The gear twinks are using in the 30-39 bracket is gear that has been in the game since launch and doesn't take any special effort to obtain. You can be 80% of the way to being competitively geared by level 35 for the 30-39 bracket.

What you can't do is show up to warfronts in your leveling greens and expect to succeed anymore.
    That's exactly the issue though. Warfronts from 10-49 are there for you to learn pvp and level. Its not there for people to lock their XP at 19,29,39 and get uber geared so they can have an easy time killing people who are just pvping as a break from questing or instancing. And the thing is, most of my gear is all blue gear from instancing, yet I still can't compete with these guys, and I mean NONE of them.

Why is it so many pvpers in MMOs are NOT interested in balanced PvP? Don't get me wrong, if you want balanced PVP, you can't play an MMO, period. There's no such thing as a balanced pvp MMORPG, and there never will be. But why do PvPer's insist on wanting to be able to CRUSH the other side as easily as possible without challenge? I'll never understand that.

And thanks Kaspurtz, I LOVE that picture, and when I saw the link before clicking on it, I knew exactly what it was, and already started chuckling. I'm still laughing thinking about it.

Prophet of Telara

Yeah, no casual PvP as you level up. You are now in the turf of the special olympic champions. Come level x9 with all blues/purps or be fodder. No more learning curve in pvp. New players die so fast that the difference between keyboard turning or mouse turning will never cross their mind because they are dead in 3 gcds every time they are targeted by a twink.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Yeah, no casual PvP as you level up. You are now in the turf of the special olympic champions. Come level x9 with all blues/purps or be fodder. No more learning curve in pvp. New players die so fast that the difference between keyboard turning or mouse turning will never cross their mind because they are dead in 3 gcds every time they are targeted by a twink.
    That's exactly the issue I'm trying to get across to the "pvpers". They won't understand though. They aren't looking for a fair fight. Its funny, some of the people on hear say "well just match twinks with twinks", but if everyone was to do that, Twinks would QUIT. They aren't looking for a fair fight! That's why they twink, that's the whole purpose of twinking. Its to not have a fair fight and to decimate the other side.

Unfortunately, not every single person in this game is lame enough to twink their character to counter the other twinks. Some people actually want to level and get on with the real game.

Ascendant

Tell Trion to add lvl 50 pvp content. Until then, im holding all the lowbies hostage while i continue my rein of terror. And there is not a damn thing you can do about it!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Tell Trion to add lvl 50 pvp content. Until then, im holding all the lowbies hostage while i continue my rein of terror. And there is not a damn thing you can do about it!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Thanks again for the laugh. You're on a roll ....even if you are serious

If you want to "just level" then what [edit] are you complaining about?

Levelling in this game is uper-duper easy,

I resubbed a week ago and levelled TWO chars exclusively through Warfonts/LFG (an occasional quest) here and there, with Veteran potions in about 3-4 days.

And now with Break-free now being given to everyone since level 1...

Came up against plenty of twinks, at times it was frustrating, but I was soon levelled past their braket and there were plenty twinks on both sides to keep each other busy.

[edit]
    Last edited by Augureze; 03-07-2012 at 07:16 AM. Reason: removed rude comments

Ascendant

That's exactly the issue though. Warfronts from 10-49 are there for you to learn pvp and level. Its not there for people to lock their XP at 19,29,39 and get uber geared so they can have an easy time killing people who are just pvping as a break from questing or instancing. And the thing is, most of my gear is all blue gear from instancing, yet I still can't compete with these guys, and I mean NONE of them.
    I could write a forum post about a page in length summing up everything someone needs to know about the basics of PvP. Look after your healers. Focus the enemy healers. Identify the biggest threat and if you can't burn them, LoS them. Assist targets, don't just pick your own. Don't spam CC in panic mode...use it strategically. Move as a group. Learn the dynamics of each match. Stuff like that. People don't need 39 levels worth of warfront grinding to learn that stuff. They don't need dozens of cumulative hours to learn the fundamentals of their calling and build.

PvP is competitive. Your opponent isn't going to cut you any slack because you're "just taking a break from questing." They're going to rip you a new one at every opportunity. You have means at your disposal to improve your odds. You partake of those options or you don't.

Why is it so many pvpers in MMOs are NOT interested in balanced PvP? Don't get me wrong, if you want balanced PVP, you can't play an MMO, period. There's no such thing as a balanced pvp MMORPG, and there never will be. But why do PvPer's insist on wanting to be able to CRUSH the other side as easily as possible without challenge? I'll never understand that.
    Many different players. Many different motivations. For some of us, we want to play other callings but we don't want to step back into the low rank meat grinder at level 50 just yet. Like I've said in other threads...if you want to identify and isolate the people who are just out to crush the opposition for lulz, you need look no further than the 10-19 bracket is it currently stands.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by FSCKY View Post
    If you want to "just level" then what [edit]l are you complaining about?

Levelling in this game is uper-duper easy,

I resubbed a week ago and levelled TWO chars exclusively through Warfonts/LFG (an occasional quest) here and there, with Veteran potions in about 3-4 days.

And now with Break-free now being given to everyone since level 1...

Came up against plenty of twinks, at times it was frustrating, but I was soon levelled past their braket and there were plenty twinks on both sides to keep each other busy.

[Edit]
    Not everyone wants to level "super duper fast" and power to the end of the game. I have veteran potions, I'm level 35. I haven't used a single one. I play a few hours a night, and I started my character a couple days ago. Yes, leveling is super easy. Yes, you get a big reward of XP if you lose a WF, not much more if you win. That's not the point! Its not fun to get stomped by twinks while trying to pvp and HAVE FUN. It is possible to level, pvp, and have fun at the same time. Unfortunately, if a twink exists, all your doing is leveling, not really pvping(because you're getting spanked), and not really having fun(because these guys insist on not having a fair fight). I actually want to ENJOY leveling through pvp.

I really don't see why this argument is so hard to understand, but alas, its hard to get through to people who only pvp if its unfair for their opponent. Hence so many gankers nowdays on PvP servers in MMOs nowadays. Yeah, that happened on games like UO back in the day, so its always existed, but not to the level that it exists today.
    Last edited by Augureze; 03-07-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: quoted post was changed.

Ascendant

Thanks again for the laugh. You're on a roll ....even if you are serious
    i am serious, if there was any pvp to be done on my main, i wouldnt have made 3 twinks. Real pvp starts at 50 rubbish. Dumbest thing i continue to hear in this game.

What have you got against squirrels?

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Rift Chaser

I could write a forum post about a page in length summing up everything someone needs to know about the basics of PvP. Look after your healers. Focus the enemy healers. Identify the biggest threat and if you can't burn them, LoS them. Assist targets, don't just pick your own. Don't spam CC in panic mode...use it strategically. Move as a group. Learn the dynamics of each match. Stuff like that. People don't need 39 levels worth of warfront grinding to learn that stuff. They don't need dozens of cumulative hours to learn the fundamentals of their calling and build.

PvP is competitive. Your opponent isn't going to cut you any slack because you're "just taking a break from questing." They're going to rip you a new one at every opportunity. You have means at your disposal to improve your odds. You partake of those options or you don't.

Many different players. Many different motivations. For some of us, we want to play other callings but we don't want to step back into the low rank meat grinder at level 50 just yet. Like I've said in other threads...if you want to identify and isolate the people who are just out to crush the opposition for lulz, you need look no further than the 10-19 bracket is it currently stands.
    I agree with the things people need to learn for PvP, I really do.
    I see warfronts as an alternative to leveling, participating in some PvP, and just generally having fun, win or lose. I don't mind when we lose, the ratio of wins to losses whenever I play is usually 50/50. That's what I like about this game, it wasn't plagued like so many other MMOs by twinks. Now it is.

The thing is, you're basically saying that you twink because you don't want to get beat by...wait for it...twinks! Yes, they aren't TECHNICALLY twinks, but at level 50, you're getting spanked by people who outmatch you. So you twink and whoop the people YOU outmatch. How do you not see the issue here? You're telling us to stop complaining about having to go up against opponents that outmatch us, yet you're doing the same thing. So your cowardly excuse to it is "well, let's just go twink and spank the lowbies". Let's not forget, this is detrimental to Rift's new player population. Some people play Rift's trial from 1-20, they are interested in the pvp. They see from 1-20 that its either A. Twink or B. Get roflstomped in PvP. If I had experiencing a large amount of twinks when I was in the 1-20 bracket while doing my free trial, I wouldn't have resubbed. Unfortunately, I didn't notice twinks till the 30's bracket(even though people in general chat were complaining earlier about them in 1-29 channel), but now I can't even compete.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    i am serious, if there was any pvp to be done on my main, i wouldnt have made 3 twinks. Real pvp starts at 50 rubbish. Dumbest thing i continue to hear in this game.
    That's disheartening. Well, continue twinking then my friend, you have my approval. Let's hear what else others have to say.

Damnit Trion, you mean to tell me that this is all YOUR fault?!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast