• 1 Post By HUGEBUGOMGHELP
  • 1 Post By Licentia

Thread: Carrier Killing Cleavage Cam! - A New Indignant Short

Ascendant

Default Carrier Killing Cleavage Cam! - A New Indignant Short

Surgical Whitefall Steppes

In this three minute video:

- CARRIER KILLING CLEAVAGE CAM!
    - See a dead Defiant launched like a rocket in slow motion!
    - Precise, devastating WS domination! (Zephyr achievements WERE earned!)
    - Featuring a special guest appearance by Bonestabby!
    (seriously, if you haven't seen this guy's Rift PvP videos, click on the link during the credits. Epic intros. Srsly.)

and....

- CARRIER KILLING CLEAVAGE CAM!

Enjoy!

RIFT Guide Writer

Entertaining video but still just /facepalm

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    Entertaining video but still just /facepalm
    You...don't like warrior cleavage?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU MAN!?!

If I remember right, you have a cleric, mage, rogue, and warrior.

My warrior has been stuck at level 22 for ages and I barely know the class.
    So inquiring minds want to know, are warriors as terrible as people have been saying for months?
    Or is it just like the crazy rogues who say rogues are underpowered?

Judging by the video, they're in good shape.
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 03-06-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post

So inquiring minds want to know, are warriors as terrible as people have been saying for months?

Warriors are the best if you can stay alive IMO, you eat up an awful lot of damage though from being in the thick of things to do damage, I'm pretty sure that's what causes most of the crying.

Oh and, nice music and well made video, personally I still don't like the idea of twinking and running around doing 60% of people's health in one crit but meh, you pay your sub, you play how you want.
    Last edited by Zaiana; 03-06-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Rift Disciple

Wheres the skill?

This video contains a twink using 2 buttons
    1) charge
    2) i win macro

In my opinion rift comunity should change their pvp videos topic, instead of killing blows against nubz or players that play wrong their spec try to show some skill.
    Good players dont care if you win or if you lose, we watch the gameplay show on the video.

And on this one is faceroll.
    Last edited by HUGEBUGOMGHELP; 03-06-2012 at 09:58 AM.

The only terrible warriors are the terrible players controlling them, which is a recurring theme in every class.

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by HUGEBUGOMGHELP View Post
    Wheres the skill?

1) charge
    2) i win macro

In my opinion rift comunity should change their pvp videos topic, instead of killing blows against nubz or players that play wrong their spec try to show some skill.
    Good players dont care if you win or if you lose, we watch the gameplay show on the video.

And on this one is faceroll.
    I heard he is one of the best in the 40's bracket. And everyone knows the 40's bracket is where the pros play.

Ascendant

Warriors got buffed recently and they're getting another round of adjustments with 1.8 that seem like they'll come in as buffs as well. A lot of the "in PvP only" nerfs were rolled back which has helped. And similar to what someone else said, offensive build warriors tend to get blown up pretty quickly without a healer at their back because we have pretty much no choice but to be front-and-center and we draw a lot of attention to ourselves.

Wheres the skill?

1) charge
    2) i win macro

It's three buttons, actually. I don't macro my finishers in with my AP builders.

Seriously though, I didn't design the warrior calling to play the way it does. And that was a very rare match where the Defiant didn't appear to have any geared characters at all. Normally when I go into a match these days there's at least one geared pyrodom, geared rogues with the most obnoxious build they could put together, geared clerics, and occasionally even a geared warrior or two. There's another warrior Defiant side whose performance prompted me to take a very close close look at 2h builds for that bracket because of the burst. The main reason for putting together and posting this video was...fun. It was a very fast match with some hard hits and a couple of lulz.

That's all.

Oh...and CARRIER KILLING CLEAVAGE CAM!

Warriors keep trying to compete with KBs and Damage Done and these are the ones who think warriors are underpowered. You know, the guys who SHOULD have rolled a rogue, not a warrior. Warriors who play the class properly and fight with team mechanics in mind are actually worried about nerfs.

Warriors, as a class, require a surprising degree of skill and a lot of thought despite most players only button mashing 3 keys. Knowing how to LoS pyros and MMs but NOT LoS your own healers, and how to push forward but not overextend, these are all skills warriors need and pretty much none actually have. When to break off from a fight, when to disengage and reengage new targets, when to lay down AoE and when to focus fire, when to use fear to avoid overlapping DRs. Once a warrior has these skills we're perhaps the most powerful class.

Warriors actually are in a good spot right now. I wouldn't play any other class, myself. I absolutely love it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    Warriors, as a class, require a surprising degree of skill and a lot of thought despite most players only button mashing 3 keys. Knowing how to LoS pyros and MMs but NOT LoS your own healers, and how to push forward but not overextend, these are all skills warriors need and pretty much none actually have. When to break off from a fight, when to disengage and reengage new targets, when to lay down AoE and when to focus fire, when to use fear to avoid overlapping DRs. Once a warrior has these skills we're perhaps the most powerful class.
    That sums it up very nicely. There are times when I show up near a fight and pause for a few seconds just to take a look at what is going on to try and decide how to approach the situation. I get blown up a LOT, and it's harder to assess whether or not I should have done anything differently when I'm queuing solo all the time. If I knew I could count on healers to notice me, to anticipate what I'm going to do (or try to do :P) and back me up it would often be much easier to figure out, "Ya, I blew it" or "nothing I could have done about that."

+ Reply to Thread