+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Assassin soul

Telaran

Default The Assassin soul

Hey folks and TRION!

Due to recent changes to the valor system i suggest to add a new ability to the assassin soul to make it a more viable pvp soul. As of now you need end game gear to stand a chance vs mages and clerics with equal gear simply because you cant out damage healing done in most cases.

Heres a few ideas:

New passive ability: Assassins Bane. Gained after spending X points in the Assassin soul. Critical hits has a 20% chance to maim your target, reducing healing done by 10%. This ability can stack up to 5 times. (Or just make it a straight up 50% heal debuff with a 20% chance to proc of crits)

Lethal Poison part functionality change: Still has a 20% chance to increase critical chance by 5% while also having a chance of critical hits to reduce healing done by 10%, stacks 5 times or just a flat out 50%.

Comments?

Ascendant

Rogues currently have enough healing debuffs readily available to them. If you want a healing debuff, you can always go 16 points into NB to get Fell Blades. You'll have to sacrifice Serpent Strike to get it, but I don't think putting another healing debuff in the rogue calling is a good idea. Rogues are in a much better place than they were a few months ago. Buffing them again might be premature.

Absolutely not. You guys have enough healing debuffs as it is.

Telaran

Talking about making the 51 sin build more viable. Used to be fun. Now people laughs at your face. Talking about more flexibility in the rouge calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghata View Post
    Hey folks and TRION!

Due to recent changes to the valor system i suggest to add a new ability to the assassin soul to make it a more viable pvp soul. As of now you need end game gear to stand a chance vs mages and clerics with equal gear simply because you cant out damage healing done in most cases.

Heres a few ideas:

New passive ability: Assassins Bane. Gained after spending X points in the Assassin soul. Critical hits has a 20% chance to maim your target, reducing healing done by 10%. This ability can stack up to 5 times. (Or just make it a straight up 50% heal debuff with a 20% chance to proc of crits)

Lethal Poison part functionality change: Still has a 20% chance to increase critical chance by 5% while also having a chance of critical hits to reduce healing done by 10%, stacks 5 times or just a flat out 50%.

Comments?
    Please step away from the crack pipe, properly specced assassin rogues right now can kill any class in game, including SnB warriors if properly geared for hit rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Talking about making the 51 sin build more viable. Used to be fun. Now people laughs at your face. Talking about more flexibility in the rouge calling.
    You're a terrible rogue and player if you're still using 51 Assassin specc for pvp.

Sword of Telara

Hey folks and TRION!

Heres a few ideas:

Comments?
    i disagree you actually two 4 second stuns plus if you put 12 points into blade dancer you get an interrupt chance, a 4 second root which gives you 2 combo points, and with side steps 100% strike back every time you dodge. along with 25% dmg increase to finsihers! learn to spend your points and experiment a bit

thats because they made riftstalker so overpowered... nothing to do with the soul being weak.

Comments?
    bahaha, yeah cus that + debilitating wouldn't be op at all

~Quiescent

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    i disagree you actually two 4 second stuns plus if you put 12 points into blade dancer you get an interrupt chance, a 4 second root which gives you 2 combo points, and with side steps 100% strike back every time you dodge. along with 25% dmg increase to finsihers! learn to spend your points and experiment a bit

plus if forgot about anathema as well!

Don't make it easy for the OP, he is a terrible scrub, let him figure it out.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 03-06-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Ascendant

Hey folks and TRION!

I will agree assassin isn't as optimal as NB, but I can kill mages just fine with it (yes, it is harder to do, but very doable).

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    You're a terrible rogue and player if you're still using 51 Assassin specc for pvp.
    I will use nothing else but 51 sin. I think players who rely on a high point RS build are bads and I refuse to use such a build. Not saying you are bad, but a lot of Sin/RS are.

I can kill any class in the game with 51 sin and do it all the time. (S/B is tough, but doable. Chloro's are tough, but doable with anathema. Everyone else is a faceroll).
    Last edited by AceinHole; 03-06-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will agree assassin isn't as optimal as NB, but I can kill mages just fine with it (yes, it is harder to do, but very doable).

I will use nothing else but 51 sin. I think players who rely on a high point RS build are bads and I refuse to use such a build. Not saying you are bad, but a lot of Sin/RS are.

I can kill any class in the game with 51 sin and do it all the time. (S/B is tough, but doable. Chloro's are tough, but doable with anathema. Everyone else is a faceroll).
    Just the thought of seeing you in warfronts makes me /shudder. True story.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

I agree that rogues def have enough heal debuffs. anything/16nb. The ranged souls (mm/rng) get theirs. Rogue PvP PA gets our singular one.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast