+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Twinks

Soulwalker

Default Twinks

Ever since the launch of stop xps feature came out there has been alot of talk about twinking in warfronts. I myself have gotten a bit discouraged in some cases. Since this will never ever change and probably will get worse because more and more players will find ways to do more damage. I decided to look more into classes than the one I was playing. I discovered bards, not only did I discover the several utilities that they do have but the most important factor is the debuffing. Debuffing is great when twinks are playing because you knock them back down to your level helping the whole group smash them and smash them hard. yes you may die but you will take a lot down with you. I was playing today and one twink just went completely beserk because he wasnt killing like he should have been.

So I started thinking ... maybe instead of complaining everyone should look into their class a bit more to see what you can do about facing a twink. or someone more powerful than you.

just my two cents on this. now back to debuffing some twinks.
    Join Date Mar 2011
    1,225 Useless Posts
    Decorated Forum Troll

Ascendant

Now just imagine if you geared out your twink debuffer.

Soulwalker

Great video and guide... thanks
    Join Date Mar 2011
    1,225 Useless Posts
    Decorated Forum Troll

Rift Disciple

Sometimes on my cleric I just target the twinks and spam heal their targets. It's pretty funny.
    Last edited by Shajin; 03-05-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Rift Chaser

I wreck people on my Twink, hell I wreck entire teams on my twink. Go ahead and spam heal a dude with LW on him, be my guest. =p you'll just catch the next bullrush after I have run over the dude your healing.

Best Regards,
    Kitethis 39 Seastone.
    Jogyn@Seastone P8 Rogue
    Jogyn@Brocliff P2 Cleric
    Kitethis@Seastone 39

Soulwalker

Loving my 19 Nightblade Rogue pop CD's and go to town.

Flintlock - Greybriar

I don't understand why obliterating a bunch of undergeared nobodies appeals to people, but that's cool I guess. Haters gonna hate, keep twinking if that's what floats your boat.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I don't understand why obliterating a bunch of undergeared nobodies appeals to people, but that's cool I guess. Haters gonna hate, keep twinking if that's what floats your boat.
    I know, right? I know when you go into warfronts you strip down to leveling greens so you don't flatten the low ranked players that get thrown in with the high ranked people, so I can see you're speaking from a position above criticism.

I've done the low rank 50 grind twice now. I'm over it. It's not hard to understand, guy. Gearing in the pre-50 brackets and locking xp is no more disruptive than gearing at 50 and queuing in a system that doesn't guarantee you're going to be up against players who are all within the same rank range as you.

I just got out of an LR match where there were a total of 5 geared and xp locked 49s. What sort of botched the whole thing was that four of them were on the other team. Total kills for the match was 53 for Defiant and 6 for Guardians. I know that's not sporting. I know it's not an ideal setup. I didn't make the system. I don't queue hoping the entire opposing team is all undergeared casuals in leveling greens. When I'm ready to roll up to the 50s bracket, I will.

Are there people who lock xp and game the system to "pwn noobs"? Sure there are. They're mostly in the 10-19 bracket, gaming the system to make themselves so vastly OP nobody has a chance against them. That, to me, is dreadfully harmful to the game. That's the level bracket where the Rift Lite players are going to get their first taste of Rift warfront PvP.

But are there also players who gear up at 50 to roll around the open world and gank lowbies? You're damn right there are. Being level 50 and grinding to rank 40 doesn't make you any more sportsmanlike than anyone else, because it's a gear driven system and you will always be up against people who have significantly inferior gear to yours. That's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I know, right? I know when you go into warfronts you strip down to leveling greens so you don't flatten the low ranked players that get thrown in with the high ranked people, so I can see you're speaking from a position above criticism.
    that's why 50s wfs are ranked

& as stated before i do drop gear when fighting under geared players, all of it-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbQY6Nktg5g

when my rift rogue is r40 i'll do the same thing cus i like fair fights, unlike twinks in mixed xp-on/off wfs

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wargawd View Post
    I wreck people on my Twink, hell I wreck entire teams on my twink. Go ahead and spam heal a dude with LW on him, be my guest. =p you'll just catch the next bullrush after I have run over the dude your healing.

Best Regards,
    Kitethis 39 Seastone.
    Oh it is so much fun to kite and drop you man..

Crayzee

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Firebl@de View Post
    Oh it is so much fun to kite and drop you man..

Crayzee

If you were any kind of decent your name would look familiar, it does not.

Try harder son.
    Last edited by Wargawd; 03-07-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: had to add troll quote
    Jogyn@Seastone P8 Rogue
    Jogyn@Brocliff P2 Cleric
    Kitethis@Seastone 39

If you were any kind of decent your name would look familiar, it does not.

Try harder son.
    that's funny, you're on my shard & i've never heard of ya

one thing this game is missing that wow had is the pvp flag timer staying on a bit after battles

i remember wiping out & camping twink guilds between bgs with one of my mains...good times
    Last edited by Sykk; 03-08-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    that's funny, you're on my shard & i've never heard of ya

one thing this game is missing that wow had is the pvp flag timer staying on a bit after battles

i remember wiping out & camping twink guilds between bgs with one of my mains...good times
    oh lordy its getting sad how jelly and mad you are of the twinks.

We are not doing anything outside of game rules. Game says I can lock XP, game says I can acquire good gear at my level. It is not my fault most people are not able to compete or too lazy to get the gear and get wiped. If anything it underlines the laziness of noobs. If you can find the time to let lose a river of tears on the forums and rage respond to everyone who disagrees with you then I am sure you can find a couple hours it take to twink out your toon.

Tata
    Last edited by Wargawd; 03-08-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Jogyn@Seastone P8 Rogue
    Jogyn@Brocliff P2 Cleric
    Kitethis@Seastone 39

oh lordy its getting sad how jelly and mad you are of the twinks.

We are not doing anything outside of game rules. Game says I can lock XP, game says I can acquire good gear at my level. It is not my fault most people are not able to compete or too lazy to get the gear and get wiped. If anything it underlines the laziness of noobs. If you can find the time to let lose a river of tears on the forums and rage respond to everyone who disagrees with you then I am sure you can find a couple hours it take to twink out your toon.

Tata
    why would i be jelly & mad if i'm playing two lvl 50s?

you're talking to someone that played twinks in wow, don't try to school me on it
    after the xp on/off separation most twinks quit cus they didn't want fair fights- at all

been there hun, you don't impress me

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    why would i be jelly & mad if i'm playing two lvl 50s?

you're talking to someone that played twinks in wow, don't try to school me on it
    after the xp on/off separation most twinks quit cus they didn't want fair fights- at all

been there hun, you don't impress me
    Oh an 50 Warfronts are balanced Rank 1s vs Rank 40s I wasn't aware they had adjusted that so it was even thanks for the info.

/sarcasm
    Jogyn@Seastone P8 Rogue
    Jogyn@Brocliff P2 Cleric
    Kitethis@Seastone 39

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast