+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Thinking of moving from SW:TOR how is the PvP

Telaran

Default Thinking of moving from SW:TOR how is the PvP

So when I left it was pretty..ok...

How is it now? Fun? Annoying? Pointless? Gear dependent?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by dmkilla View Post

All of the above.

It's an MMO.

Ishmael P77
    Shatari P77
    Astelle L54
    Stormbull L50

all of the above but not enuff of the "fun" part
    Last edited by Sykk; 03-05-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Plane Touched

OK I guess, if you don't care which side your fighting for and don't mind getting face rolled by the twinks alot.

Prophet of Telara

Seeing as SW:TOR got creative and managed to implement even worse PvP than Rift I would think Rift would be the game if you are playing for PvP.

It's... better than swotr!

It's what you make it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Sword of Telara

i played rift for 7 months then decided to change it up to swtor to try something new. i can say that the pvp in swtor is horrible and not very stategic at all. you can literally be running behind guys and some how they can still attack you. plus with swtor there is no abandoning a warfront punishment so people are constantly leaving the match the whole time. its so horrible ive played a game with 10 people on my team and probably seen 35 different people on my team during that time. the game is broken, had 13 out of 25 quests i could not abandon, servers are shut down 3 or 4 nights a week for maintenance. plus theres only one warfront thats fun to play and the others are terrible! after you beat the story mode you cant get any stronger unless you can accumulate a group of 4 people. the server i was on had an average of 5 people that were lv 50. after lv 10 your 1 role they give you is locked in. i played one night from 12am - 6am cued on warfronts the whole time and played 5 matches total. i gave it a chance for 2 months and could not stand to play it anymore. plus to change planets you just dont go through a portal its a time consuming 10 minute ordeal to get to not only get to your ship hanger (loads) get on your ship (loads again) pick your planet and fly to it (loads again) and then getting out of your hanger and walking on to the planet (loads again)

I still find Rift PvP pretty awesome and fun. The balancing is getting better step by step. It's still heavy on the gear side, though it's pretty streamlined and only the weapons have rank requirements. The mercenary thing is questionable but I like it because I get back to back warfronts and I honestly have not dealt with traitors or whatever. This is my point of view though. I love it!

Telaran

Default Pov

In my experience with MMO PvP, consisting of roughly a decade of killing people in these virtual worlds, RIFT is off to a decent start. But, in a year of existence, it's still in that general stage.

Is it terrible? No, not really. The balance is all about group play and synergy. Balance is also done on the assumption you and your group already have "the gear" and that you use consumables as well as PA. When you go in undergeared, with no consumables and with little PA advancement you shouldn't expect to be the best when you face somebody WITH those. I mean, that's just part of MMO progression; you climb up the ladder and, in PvP, stack everything you can in your favor.

It's a fun distraction. If it's all you play for and plan to boycott PvE for some reason then look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeleo View Post
    In my experience with MMO PvP, consisting of roughly a decade of killing people in these virtual worlds, RIFT is off to a decent start. But, in a year of existence, it's still in that general stage.

Is it terrible? No, not really. The balance is all about group play and synergy. Balance is also done on the assumption you and your group already have "the gear" and that you use consumables as well as PA. When you go in undergeared, with no consumables and with little PA advancement you shouldn't expect to be the best when you face somebody WITH those. I mean, that's just part of MMO progression; you climb up the ladder and, in PvP, stack everything you can in your favor.

It's a fun distraction. If it's all you play for and plan to boycott PvE for some reason then look elsewhere.
    What this guy said. There aren't enough warfronts or enough variance in gameplay from battle to battle to make ONLY playing PvP that feasible or even that fun. If you JUST want PvP, then Rift probably isn't the place for you yet, to my dismay.

All of the above, in any bracket now after twinking.

I came back after leaving in december for swtor, at the time i was prestige rank 5, nearly 6 and i had no issues with the PvP in rift, i was just a bit bored. star wars PvP is not as rewarding as rift however i did find the maps more enjoyable (huttball i personally loved).

I missed Rift PvP while i was away and although some things have changed its pretty much the same and way better than swtor as you get rewarded ..
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

RIFT pvp is very good so far for me, if you left to play SWTOR, you showed incredibly poor judgement, you might as well wait for guild wars 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Ascendant

group pvp is balanced, tactical and VERY much fun.

pugging single randomly... well ... you need lots of valium
    Last edited by Antigonos; 03-06-2012 at 05:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast