+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Before you twink a healer thinking you'll make a difference, realize you won't.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default Before you twink a healer thinking you'll make a difference, realize you won't.

    ....and by won't, I mean just make a DPS and stop bothering to heal, it doesn't help.

    Healing does NOT scale with gear the same that damage does, and it's literally pointless to heal now that Twinking is a reality.

  2. #2
    Banned Bunzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    ....and by won't, I mean just make a DPS and stop bothering to heal, it doesn't help.

    Healing does NOT scale with gear the same that damage does, and it's literally pointless to heal now that Twinking is a reality.
    twinks are for the baddies the real pvp is at 50.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    twinks are for the baddies the real pvp is at 50.
    Real pvp @50 is Twinking all over again. I feel sorry for those stuck in that mouse trap too.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    ....and by won't, I mean just make a DPS and stop bothering to heal, it doesn't help.

    Healing does NOT scale with gear the same that damage does, and it's literally pointless to heal now that Twinking is a reality.
    It's amazing how little healing it takes to turn the tide in warfronts. No, you're not going to keep someone up through the focus of a twink. It's all the little "whittled to death" trips back to the GY that prevent people from staying in the fight long enough to make a difference. It's disgusting how many potions and drinks I go through in warfronts these days because there are so few healers, but when we do have healers, even 20k total healing received in warfronts from someone other than myself almost always spells the difference between a win and a loss. When I'm hiding behind a rock or a pillar waiting impatiently to drop out of combat so I can drink only to die from a 150 damage DoT tick because nobody is healing at all, it's a bit frustrating.

    Just because the dynamics of warfronts change does not mean healers are ever useless, or investing time gearing a character to heal is pointless.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Just because the dynamics of warfronts change does not mean healers are ever useless, or investing time gearing a character to heal is pointless.
    I disagree. For as many times as I've been stuck in WFs healing the ENTIRE WF by myself.... the healing doesn't matter because you're the one with the blue bar so you die first.

    You burn through those pots because there are no healers. There are no healers because they can't even keep themselves up WITH pots.

    The only solution is to buff healing or buff pots.

    Another thing that makes me sick is my healer has 3200 hp at lvl 36 in mostly purples. My fresh lvl 30 bard has 3100 hp in blues. There's just no reason to play a cleric unless you want to DPS.
    Last edited by Trisian; 03-05-2012 at 02:14 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    I disagree. For as many times as I've been stuck in WFs healing the ENTIRE WF by myself.... the healing doesn't matter because you're the one with the blue bar so you die first.

    You burn through those pots because there are no healers. There are no healers because they can't even keep themselves up WITH pots.
    That's nothing new to warfronts. Maybe the difference you're seeing now is that there are more experienced players in the lower brackets who know to target healers, and that means you have to adjust your strategy. It's not up to you to chase after your teammates. It's up to your teammates to make themselves accessible to you if they want healing. You need to focus on being as inconspicuous as possible, ideally not being in the line of fire, and healing those you can (and not worrying about those you can't.) I know it's not always possible to find a safe spot out of LoS, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of healers I see getting blown up are the ones standing out in the open and making easy targets of themselves.

    I do have a healing build for my cleric that I haven't tried out in warfronts yet and its focus is on mobility. Everything mobile. I have long casts when I can use them but I also have instant casts when I need to be on the go. I know you're an experienced healer and are probably set up in a similar way but like I mentioned in the past...HoTs aren't going to keep someone up through the focused attention of a twink, but twinks are bound by the same restrictions as anyone else. Built properly they can load up the burst and you'd be absolutely amazed at how little healing it takes to get a player through that burst until the twink is forced back down to more moderate attacks. A single Healing Breath on my warrior will almost always spell the difference between me winning a head-on confrontation with a pyro/dom and me heading back to the GY in shame.

    The only solution is to buff healing or buff pots.

    Another thing that makes me sick is my healer has 3200 hp at lvl 36 in mostly purples. My fresh lvl 30 bard has 3100 hp in blues. There's just no reason to play a cleric unless you want to DPS.
    Endurance essences. I don't use them. My cleric at 49 has around 4400 HP...almost 1k less than my warrior...and she's got most of the gear I want for her for that bracket. If I wanted more health I could get it. Obviously it would require a trade-off for SP and other damage/healing stats, but it's a choice available to be made.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I do have a healing build for my cleric that I haven't tried out in warfronts
    Then why are you posting?

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Healing at low level is how I think healing should be at 50.

    Flame me.
    Rank 8, 11/11

  9. #9
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    Healing at low level is how I think healing should be at 50.

    Flame me.
    You might have a legit excuse if by 50 every DPS class and their mom didn't have a potent healing debuff.

  10. #10
    jca
    jca is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    A good healer actually can be a game-changer in the lower brackets but not really the way I know you intend. Find that bad-*** twinked out warrior or nb/rs who's already hard to kill and keep him topped off while he melts half the other team's faces. Sad but true :P

  11. #11
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jca View Post
    Find that bad-*** twinked out warrior or nb/rs who's already hard to kill and keep him topped off while he melts half the other team's faces. Sad but true :P
    The funny thing is twinks don't follow healers around because they want to win for their team. It's healers who follow twinks around for the personal glory that screws their team over... and gives all other healers a bad name.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Then why are you posting?
    To be clear, I haven't used it since I was geared in the 40-49 bracket. I've made use of it in the past to get a feel for the dynamic and I'll probably take a go at it in the not too distant future.

    I can tell you're frustrated and I know this isn't the first time you've had something to say on the topic. I appreciate that frustration is frequently the mother of hyperbole. You obviously have certain expectations around what you should be able to do as a healer in order to be viable. All I'm saying is that my expectations of a healer are different from yours. I don't look to healers to keep me up through the burst of a heatwave/cinderburst pyro, but I absolutely notice the difference when I'm getting even a very modest amount of healing.

    I also see it from the other side of the fence. I see what happens when the enemy team has a healer (or several) and they don't look after them versus what happens when I charge after a healer and everyone within 30m turns around and gobsmacks me for it.

    I'll tell you what....I'll spend some time on my cleric in a pure healing role in the 40-49 bracket and make a video about it and post it up by say...Wednesday or Thursday and then we can compare notes. I'm not an experienced healer by any stretch of the imagination so you'll probably get a good chuckle out of all of my mistakes but we'll get a pretty objective measure of whether or not even moderate healing can turn the tide in a warfront.

  13. #13
    jca
    jca is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    I'm not going to comment on the right/wrong of it or whether it should or shouldn't be this way, but as things are, a good healer focusing on a good twink becomes a huge force multiplier whatever the motivation is.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I appreciate that frustration is frequently the mother of hyperbole.
    If you had any experience in pvp you would have never made that statement.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    If you had any experience in pvp you would have never made that statement.
    Now I think you're just being ridiculous. If you can't keep this civil, just stop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts