+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dom/rs/vk

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    As Gunzip said, caring about the outcomes of 1 v 1 fights in this game is pretty pointless. Most specs that do best in 1 v 1 tend to be marginalized in group combat which is what the game is balanced around. Chloro Dom is one of the few specs that is very good in both group and solo situations but it is also a spec that becomes a lot less valuable as more opponents/better opponents are added to a fight.
    All the souls i mentioned are great in 1v1 and group. They are referred to as cheese. They are so OP compared to other souls its quite funny.

In my opinion they should all be removed from the game.
    Last edited by Bunzy; 03-05-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    what spec do you use to beat a VK?

i have never seen a mage beat one.
    51 archon gets me everytime
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    That's why I bring my cleric guildie along for the ride, he provides me with the heals botting I need to beat my opponents.
    So you retract your previous statement then.
    In other words you are just typing without reading what is being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    That's why I bring my cleric guildie along for the ride, he provides me with the heals botting I need to beat my opponents.
    Until Trion makes clerics fun to play, you're lucky to have such a stupid "buddy" to carry you.

Rift Disciple

what spec do you use to beat a VK?

i have never seen a mage beat one.
    If they are smart is imposible, but if not i usally mount run away drink up behind some tree wait dr attack again before he dmg me i run again and when i feel he's out of cds i nuke. (this probably takes some minutes)

as i say, they need to be dumb enaugh to keep going foward instead of drinking waiting cds or jsut let me flee.

btw if they are smart is easy to me to run away and search for another victim i can beat lol.
    Last edited by HUGEBUGOMGHELP; 03-05-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Prophet of Telara

All the souls i mentioned are great in 1v1 and group. They are referred to as cheese. They are so OP compared to other souls its quite funny.

In my opinion they should all be removed from the game.
    I love the appeal to authority of the mysterious group "they" who refer to them as cheese. You aren't even really providing solid reasoning on why they should be adjusted/what specifically should be adjusted. Is it that the abilities are so OP or that other souls are lacking? Proper PvP balance involves using a scalpel, not wildly swinging a machete.

The major problem with PvP balance in Rift is that the Dev's don't have a true vision for what their idealized balanced group fight would look like and work towards adjusting things towards that vision. Instead they listen to a bunch of whiners on the boards and make drastic changes every patch giving us a never ending cycle of FoTM specs and new tears for nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I love the appeal to authority of the mysterious group "they" who refer to them as cheese. You aren't even really providing solid reasoning on why they should be adjusted/what specifically should be adjusted. Is it that the abilities are so OP or that other souls are lacking? Proper PvP balance involves using a scalpel, not wildly swinging a machete.

The major problem with PvP balance in Rift is that the Dev's don't have a true vision for what their idealized balanced group fight would look like and work towards adjusting things towards that vision. Instead they listen to a bunch of whiners on the boards and make drastic changes every patch giving us a never ending cycle of FoTM specs and new tears for nerfs.
    I explained in a post ages ago what makes them so strong. I really can't be bothered doing it again plus I am sure most people are aware of the abilities. The dev's should balance the game around high level players, instead they always just listen to the majority.

A whole thread about people complaining about how the 1 soul each dps class is given that is explicitly designed for being good at PvP is good at PvPing!

How quaint.

Dom has not changed, save Degeneration, for quite a while. Nobody used to complain about it, so let's revert the SC nerfs or something so everyone can stop moaning.

I explained in a post ages ago what makes them so strong. I really can't be bothered doing it again plus I am sure most people are aware of the abilities. The dev's should balance the game around high level players, instead they always just listen to the majority.
    Because the majority is what pays the bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

I say revert the para/champ nerfs along with the sc nerfs.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    A whole thread about people complaining about how the 1 soul each dps class is given that is explicitly designed for being good at PvP is good at PvPing!

How quaint.
    i lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Dom has not changed, save Degeneration, for quite a while. Nobody used to complain about it, so let's revert the SC nerfs or something so everyone can stop moaning.
    Chlorodom has been the strongest spec for ages now. Yet they do nothing about it.
    If they don't want to nerf it they should buff other specs as suggested.

Especially as most classes don't have purges or cleanses facing doms are just *facepalm*

The only way to beat a x/dom as a mage is to roll one yourself which is why we have all these doms running around now days.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post

How quaint.
    Riftstalker and Void Knight are actually meant to be used for PVE tanking... the fact you didn't know this concerns me.

Riftstalker and Void Knight are actually meant to be used for PVE tanking... the fact you didn't know this concerns me.
    Maybe Riftstalker, but Void Knight being good for PvE tanking is a secondary purpose. It's very obviously a pvp soul first, tanking soul second.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast