+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Gear and Spec independent Warfront

Default Gear and Spec independent Warfront

I am sorry if this has been proposed before, i did a quick search but couldnt find anything. So my suggestion is to make a gear and possibly also spec independent warfront. Either make it so every class gets a class specific set of all items and we all fight in same gear or maybe even more fun would be to have some sort of legends/hero warfront, where we would choose from predesigned epic characters. This way we r even more equal by having all the same spells and it can make a nice change for lets say a warrior to be able to pick a caster up for a fight, get to see the game play he cant on his own character, while still progressing his main character. I would make this wf awailable soon in the lvling process so it would also eliminate some of the problems ppl r having with twinks, and fro frsh 50s it would be a way to grind pvp gear without getting rolled over by bigger ranks. I would still keep all others wf as they r so we get to show and abuse our shiny gear and smart specs. Maybe thinking of it now, the second option would be better so ppl r forced to enter normal wf if they wanna play their toon. What do u guys think about that?

edit: poor grammar.... probably still present
    Last edited by djluxi; 03-05-2012 at 04:56 AM.

No way. If I want to play a game where everyone has the same gear and same spec I will go play Modern Warfare 3. Lets not dumb down the game, but expand its ability to create unique and diverse characters while trying to maintain a level of balance. I rather have it be unbalance to an extent and play what I want with the items I have achieved than a pre-speced and geared character that I dont want to play. Once again, if I wanted that I would go play Guild Wars again.
    PVP Balance suggestion. Balance Items/Stats, Skills and Matchmaking.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...p-balance.html

Ok well that was an argumented reply. First i dont know what about my post didnt make any sense to you... i hope it wasnt my lack of knowledge of english. Second i dont know where u got the idea and nerves to call me a kid, i will not tell my real age here as i feel it is not important but i cant tell u that i could be father to almost half of rifts population. Thridt the idea is not mine and has been implemented in other mmos successfully. And last but not least the idea that i m suggesting wil benefit mostly new players, me having 3 lvl50 toons, 1 r40, 1 r30, most of the hard grind is behind me, i just see alot of people complaining about gear dand twinks and such a map could help those ppl and might be a fun change for ppl like me that dont really need it. So gunzip... i wont tell u to go back to school cause for all i know u maight be older then me, but i can tell u go look up on some manners.

jca
    Rift Chaser

Gear-independent would be fine and could be fun. Spec-independent, no way !!! Designing and utilizing a particular spec is pretty much what defines a good pvp'er. The rest is just who can mash buttons the fastest. Take away the ability to use specific specs and you've taken away at least 90% of the "skill" in pvp.

Djluxi, I wasnt targeting you just explaining my feelings on your idea. I know things like this has been done in other games. But another problem you fail to see is the que times. Currently people are complaining about the que times and they made mercenaries to try and lower the que times. Now if a majority of new players are playing these "fake" characters to level their main's prestiege wouldnt that lower the amount of regular players on the regular warfront maps? I understant your idea, just don't like it. Continue putting man hours towards balancing PVP not adding a bandiad substitute.

@Shadokin ... i agree gear is the main aspect of an mmo and taking that away kills the game, that is why i suggested only 1 map has that, all others saty as they r, so really u lose nothing except the chance to prey on some low lvls wich if u r a good pvper should be beneath u anyway, but u do get a chance to experience some epic characters and maybe some spells that noone has in their tree. so for sure ppl like us that have our r40 gear we will ostly play normal maps using our gear, this map would be just something to change ur routine, but for new players it would mean they have a map where they can experience pvp on equal ground... i dont get how anyone would be against that, the problem i would understand would be the implementation and developpement of this.

@jca ... i dont agree with u on that one, playing a character is more then mashing buttons (unless only play u know is the 2 bttn macro builds), it is about timing about anticipating what the oponent will do and the reacting, about deciding what spell to use when. Sure making smart specs is also part of a game, and i enjoy building and testing specs, but still i dont see any threat in having a map where we all get same powersets to chose from and r equal in that regard. if someone doesnt know his spec he will stil suck at pvp and no gear or anything will change that

OP, maybe MMORPG's are not for you, go give guild wars a shot.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 03-05-2012 at 07:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadokin View Post
    Djluxi, I wasnt targeting you just explaining my feelings on your idea. I know things like this has been done in other games. But another problem you fail to see is the que times. Currently people are complaining about the que times and they made mercenaries to try and lower the que times. Now if a majority of new players are playing these "fake" characters to level their main's prestiege wouldnt that lower the amount of regular players on the regular warfront maps? I understant your idea, just don't like it. Continue putting man hours towards balancing PVP not adding a bandiad substitute.
    No hard feeling man... that 1st reply was ment for Gunzip. I have no problem with a rational and argumented discussion. I can see how que times might get longer but so would if they added any new map and maybe its just my server * though i think wf r cross server) but wf ques r popping real fast lately. Maybe to compensate a bit the favor/prestige reward could be smaller so even lower lvl player would be encouraged to play normal maps but at the point where they would give up on pvp, they still would have another option available.

jca
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by djluxi View Post
    @jca ... i dont agree with u on that one, playing a character is more then mashing buttons (unless only play u know is the 2 bttn macro builds), it is about timing about anticipating what the oponent will do and the reacting, about deciding what spell to use when. Sure making smart specs is also part of a game, and i enjoy building and testing specs, but still i dont see any threat in having a map where we all get same powersets to chose from and r equal in that regard. if someone doesnt know his spec he will stil suck at pvp and no gear or anything will change that
    When I said 90% that was an exaggeration of course. But I do believe that best utilizing different specs is one of the cornerstones of a good pvp'er.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    OP, maybe MMORPG's are not for you, go give guild wars a shot.
    Dude maybe RL isnt for u and i bet u dont have gf cause u r a prick, thinkin u r all smart and **** but actually u just hidin ur self insecurity behind this wanna be sarcastic comments that make u look like a little brat urself. All i m trying is to have some discussion here and as i told u, it wasnt my own frustration with the pvp system but rather all the posts i see on the forum that drove me to make this post. I have no problem with ppl not agreeing with me but i do have a problem with jerks that probably havent even grown a pubic hair telling me to go to school and trolling my post... now pls **** and ask ur mom to make u some cheerios to heal that bruise on ur overblown ego.

Quote Originally Posted by djluxi View Post
    @Shadokin ... i agree gear is the main aspect of an mmo and taking that away kills the game, that is why i suggested only 1 map has that, all others saty as they r, so really u lose nothing except the chance to prey on some low lvls wich if u r a good pvper should be beneath u anyway, but u do get a chance to experience some epic characters and maybe some spells that noone has in their tree. so for sure ppl like us that have our r40 gear we will ostly play normal maps using our gear, this map would be just something to change ur routine, but for new players it would mean they have a map where they can experience pvp on equal ground... i dont get how anyone would be against that, the problem i would understand would be the implementation and developpement of this.

Honestly I think they should do the following changes to make it more "noob friendly"

• While in Warfronts the Exp off does not work. (You will now out level lower warfronts)
    • Add prestige ranks to lower level Warfronts with each level teir having a prestige cap. (Example: 10-19 Rank 1 cap, 20-29 Rank 3 cap, 30-39 Rank 7 cap, 40-49 rank 15 cap)
    • Have the Planar Attunment PVP be removed and added to a 'Prestiege PVP attunment level system'.
    • Add a ton of new PVP gear, mostly "worse" items than what is out with lower favor costs to get poeple started. Have the Daily PVP quest reward give you a random piece of this armor.
    • Add the three current sets of PVP gear to a Epic PVP quest line that is done at rank 20, 30 and 40 creating not such good geared players during the noob stages of 1-20.
    • Have warfronts split from rank 1-19, 20-39 and rank 40 for final stage. If there is not enough people in que you move up or down one of the rank warfronts. If you move down you will have a penalty if you move up you will have a bonus to stats.
    But once again, we all have our own opinions on what needs to be done.
    Last edited by Shadokin; 03-05-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jca View Post
    When I said 90% that was an exaggeration of course. But I do believe that best utilizing different specs is one of the cornerstones of a good pvp'er.
    Absolutly it is, that is why i think there should be less reward for this map. but my point was if u r any good at pvp u r not affraid that some idiot gets the same gear if he has the time and determination to do it, hell he can do it now to, because u will still own him any time any day for knowing ur spec. This map would just provide some exual ground competition for all the folks that r not so hardcore and dont even wanna que for wf now. But yeah the more i think about it, smaller reward sounds as only fair option.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadokin View Post
    Honestly I think they should do the following changes to make it more "noob friendly"

• While in Warfronts the Exp off does not work. (You will now out level lower warfronts)
    • Add prestige ranks to lower level Warfronts with each level teir having a prestige cap. (Example: 10-19 Rank 1 cap, 20-29 Rank 3 cap, 30-39 Rank 7 cap, 40-49 rank 15 cap)
    • Have the Planar Attunment PVP be removed and added to a 'Prestiege PVP attunment level system'.
    • Add a ton of new PVP gear, mostly "worse" items than what is out with lower favor costs to get poeple started. Have the Daily PVP quest reward give you a random piece of this armor.
    • Add the three current sets of PVP gear to a Epic PVP quest line that is done at rank 20, 30 and 40 creating not such good geared players during the noob stages of 1-20.
    • Have warfronts split from rank 1-19, 20-39 and rank 40 for final stage. If there is not enough people in que you move up or down one of the rank warfronts. If you move down you will have a penalty if you move up you will have a bonus to stats.
    But once again, we all have our own opinions on what needs to be done.
    I like most of ur ideas.

You guys really need to get an Xbox 360 with call of duty, there's balanced pvp for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Lol i cant believe this guys, considering his post count and what i heard from him here i can assume he managed to contribute **** squad to this forum almost 900 times... now that is some hard determination. Imagine what he could do with a whole brain. Anyway this is the last i ll be feeding this troll.

ps: went to check his history a bit and the guy is pretty determined to fight against any noob welcome change in pvp, he even made a thread qqing bout ppl qqing, a bit ironic if u ask me. seems to me its the classic case of i had my *** served to me hard, now its your turn... only bad pvpers think like that good ones r not proud about killing some lowbies, but ppl with no balls and self esteme need that to beest their epeen... usualy that is the only reason they play this games... they suck in real life so forums and mmos r easy way to inflate that little ***** of theirs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast