+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Why does every Warfront depend on how many healing clerics you have?

Plane Walker

Default Why does every Warfront depend on how many healing clerics you have?

When it comes down to it, winning a warfront, basically any warfront, depends on how many healing clerics your team has.

Almost every wf I've been in and won, we've been top healing or matched the opponent in healing. In all the ones I've lost, we've had bad healing or no healing.

One class shouldn't be this important to winning a warfront, especially when Rift gives clerics the option to dps, and on Defiant, most of them do in fact DPS.

So basically no matter how good you are or even much of the team is, if you don't have at least one healing cleric, you're almost definitely not going to win. If the other team has 2 and you have none, you can basically just forget about it.

The fact that healing from clerics is so important makes it seem like it's overpowered to me and needs to be adjusted.

If you question this, take a look at the results of your next warfront and note the number of healing clerics each side had, and highlight the "healing done" portion of the result tab. I bet my bottom silver they show what I'm saying is true.

It just makes all the rest of the classes seem interchangeable and unimportant, which shouldn't be the case.

So give every class a healing soul or self heal?

Implement a class limit (healer,dps,tank,support) system into WFs? How to enforce with role changes?

Nerf healers?

Problem with map design?

Champion

All generalizations are wrong.

Even this one.

Soulwalker

I believe that healing in warfronts is broken, there are basicly 2 healing classes cleric and mage.
    The problem is that mage healing in pvp sucks! and this makes the clerics more powerfull as they do not rely on the dmg they do to heal, in fact, they are the only healers in warfronds right now.
    I havnt played cleric enough yet to say how to fix them, but it would help if mages would get some kind of HOT spell low up in the tree without a 10 sec cd.

Side note, pve healing is fine atleast as far as i have done it. The healing of dungeons is fine if you do not have a ******ed tank pulling everything and running LOS. Have not done anny raids exept for rifts, but that seems fine aswell. but then you can run full chloro and this is in pvp just not viable
    Last edited by Deze; 03-05-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Ascendant

when mages find out how to play dominator instead of pyro anything will be fine ..

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    So give every class a healing soul or self heal?

Implement a class limit (healer,dps,tank,support) system into WFs? How to enforce with role changes?

Nerf healers?

Problem with map design?
    I'm not sure how to fix it but it's just stupid the way it is.

Healing is already nerfed in PVP. Maybe make it so the nerf doesn't effect chloro healing and bard healing and then at least teams without a healing cleric or 3 might have a chance.

Everything works just fine as long as both sides have an equal amount of healing clerics. It becomes exponentially one-sided as one team has more than the other. Warfronts shouldn't be so dependent on one to three people doing one thing.

If you nerf healing too much then people will just die super fast (like what happens to a side without a single healing cleric) and that's not really fun so I don't think that's the answer either.

I just don't think every warfront should be dependent on healing clerics and/or your ability to focus down healing clerics. Every class should be just as important, ideally.

Plane Walker

As it stands, if you replace any class with a healing cleric, the team is bound to do better. That shouldn't be the case.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlebomb View Post
    I'm not sure how to fix it but it's just stupid the way it is.

Healing is already nerfed in PVP. Maybe make it so the nerf doesn't effect chloro healing and bard healing and then at least teams without a healing cleric or 3 might have a chance.

Everything works just fine as long as both sides have an equal amount of healing clerics. It becomes exponentially one-sided as one team has more than the other. Warfronts shouldn't be so dependent on one to three people doing one thing.

If you nerf healing too much then people will just die super fast (like what happens to a side without a single healing cleric) and that's not really fun so I don't think that's the answer either.

I just don't think every warfront should be dependent on healing clerics and/or your ability to focus down healing clerics. Every class should be just as important, ideally.
    well Trion cant fix the players... if a cleric goes dps when there is no other healer its purely the players fault, dont see much what Trion can do about idiotic players who dont want to win.

Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    In fact, it is very important to have good dps inwf.
    Dps should realize that if they canīt against a healer maybe is not problem from healer, I know is hard but is the first step to solution

Champion of Telara

It might be stating the obvious but...

If you have heals you die less, which means you have a better chance to be productive in a WF, which means you have a better chance of winning.

What you're saying is nerf clerics because there isnt one on your team which is ridiculous. If you want a healing cleric in all your warfronts, go roll one

Ascendant

I have 4 toons all level 50, all below rank 10 prestige.

I have been in wf's that didn't have Cleric's for heals, and those support healers we did have had little in way of big heals.

And, we have won .

Coordinated teamwork sometimes is best approach. Sadly, in some wf's there are those not focused with the majority of the activities the others are doing.....I was that way also in beginning, when wondering if I should do the individual quests in some wf's, but found with limited resources on the team, we did better staying all together and working as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlebomb View Post
    When it comes down to it, winning a warfront, basically any warfront, depends on how many healing clerics your team has.....It just makes all the rest of the classes seem interchangeable and unimportant, which shouldn't be the case.
    this was obv for library weekend but i think ur wrong about it being every wf
    if a rune isn't involved i think our dps is more important

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    It might be stating the obvious but...

If you have heals you die less, which means you have a better chance to be productive in a WF, which means you have a better chance of winning.

What you're saying is nerf clerics because there isnt one on your team which is ridiculous. If you want a healing cleric in all your warfronts, go roll one
    That's the typical response I get from dps clerics when asking them to roll heals.

The problem is it will take me a month to roll up a decent healing cleric and they can heal with the click of a button and solve the immediate problem.

Besides, telling me to roll a healing cleric doesn't address the issue of how overly important and powerful they are in wfs.

But yeah, you're right, healing helps all dps. Basically one healer is able to give 10 dps a bunch of extra lives. That kind of power is too much for one class.

And yeah you can win with a coordinated team with some good mage healing, but nothing compares to a healing cleric.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    Those screenshots show:

1. Top healing wins warfronts, which is my main contention

and

2. 6 healing mages and 2 bards can be better at healing than 2 clerics. That doesn't mean that clerics are supremely powerful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast