+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By Oaf
  • 5 Post By Zaros

Thread: How do you recognize classes

Soulwalker

Default How do you recognize classes

Im sorry if I sound noob for asking this question.
    In PVP WF I see ppl on chat talking about marking this toon cause he is a cleric our focusing on this toon cause he is this type of class. How do ppl recognize the class of player so easily on a WF? I know That recognizing them is key to succeed un PVP but I don't know how ppl do it so easily.

Thank you in advance

Oaf

The person bunny hopping around like an idiot is the healer.
    Honorary member of The Fallen Sons and Terrible Idea.

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan4life99 View Post
    In PVP WF I see ppl on chat talking about marking this toon cause he is a cleric our focusing on this toon cause he is this type of class. How do ppl recognize the class of player so easily on a WF? I know That recognizing them is key to succeed un PVP but I don't know how ppl do it so easily.

Thank you in advance
    Look at their buffs. People don't use that many different specs. For instance, most rogues are nightblade/riftstalkers or marksman/riftstalker, mages are either pyro, pyro/dom or chloro/dom, etc.
    I kinda exagerate but you get the idea.
    I suggest after your warfronts, you have a look at this site:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c___
    Try to see what are the buffs you saw and what they mean.
    Oh and if someone is standing in the back or hidden of the middle of his group, waving his arms but not shooting anything at you, he's most certainly a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanel32 View Post
    A little sexism each day keeps the bikini's at bay.. nothing to see here folks.

Prophet of Telara

Color coding of names in the warfront score board gives you the class of the players. Knowing a few key buffs lets you deduce their specifics.

For clerics its a process of elimination for me, do I see armor of devotion, do I see the 3 decay stack buff from cabalist? If not they are most likely a healing cleric.

Ascendant

Cleric = green on scoreboard
    Mage = purple on scoreboard

Before game starts look at the green and purple names then figure out which of these people are healing by looking at their buffs and/or looking at the healing done on the scoreboard.

But Oaf is right too. The bunny hoppers who are shooting water everywhere are usually the healers.

Thank you in advance
    score board > other team > color of name is a strong hint until you can see them up close to check buffs.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    Too funny and true... that's what I do.

I do it instinctively, but I'm pretty sure what I'm looking at is buffs and color of resource bar.

Yellow bar below health = warrior, purple = rogue, blue = mage or cleric

That's 2 out of 4 classes I can recognize in one glance at my target. The other two I'm familiar with what most of their key buffs look like, so I can look for those.

Plane Walker

Also animation, when I see someone hold their staff in the air, spread arms out wide, etc etc, I call healer. Plus watery effects.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Color coding of names in the warfront score board gives you the class of the players. Knowing a few key buffs lets you deduce their specifics.

For clerics its a process of elimination for me, do I see armor of devotion, do I see the 3 decay stack buff from cabalist? If not they are most likely a healing cleric.
    pretty much every class have a core buff they must delve for. logically you can determine a persons soul combination from that and other simple things ie purifier bubbles(the animation is easy to spot), warden hots, war hp pool champion/vk/RB/para buffs, MM/NB/RS/assassin/bard buffs, mage hp pool/veils/buffs, seems easy to me to tell what each class is without even having a 50 of each calling.
    Last edited by labotimy; 03-06-2012 at 11:59 AM.

If everything's killing it, it's a Warrior.
    If it's killing everything, it's a Rogue.
    If it hasn't died in a few weeks, it's a Cleric.
    If everything near it is small and furry, it's a mage.
    ~Quiescent

Thank you in advance
    Typical for healers to stand in the back throwing their hands in the air. If you see rain drops or green leaves coming from someone, it's probably a good idea to kill it. Chloro buffs are easy to spot (a green tree/leafy icon). Also if you see someone jamming on a guitar, he's a bard and needs to die as well.

I usually wait until after the first big confrontation - go to the scoreboard - filter "healing done" and make a mental list.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Too funny and true... that's what I do.
    I do it to! lol

Makes me feel like I can get away easier even though it does nothing.

tau
    Rift Chaser

Check the scoreboard for top healing in their raid. Spam command /tar <name> when you can untill you target him and /mark <number>

Quote Originally Posted by Oaf View Post
    No wonder i get focused i am the worst bunny hopper i know

+ Reply to Thread