+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By XaviourEQ2

Thread: Leveling strictly through Warfronts

Shadowlander

Default Leveling strictly through Warfronts

So I started a rogue last week. I have around 27 hours of in game playtime. Almost level 30. I've only ran warfronts and use the gold from them to upgrade gear. I have 50k favor saved up. Probably going to buy the lvl 30 mount then only lvl 50 purple pvp gear. Here's some benefits I've found.

1. No getting ganked while leveling - Just Queue in your capital.

2. Have gear waiting for you at 50. - I figure, if I have 50k favor at 30 and it takes more wins to level as you get higher in level, I should in theory have 150 ish when I hit 50. That's 4-5 pieces or 4 pieces and the synergy crystal. Not a bad deal. Oh ya, and the lvl 30 mount.

3. Winning warfronts gives gold which buys gear. Quests to "win 5 matches" in a warfront give blues and daily quests give greens (hopefully they are useable).

4. Achievements are a LOT easier at low level - I have codex and runemaster achieves complete, need to win 35 more codex for those. Whitefall achieves from 30-50 then port scion at 50. Should be on my way to the lord of war title (all achieves for each warfront category).

Now, there's obiously a downside.

1. I'm sure it's not the fastest way to level. It's been fast so far, but I think it'll slow down.

2. You won't have the best gear possibly so you won't be the overpowered guy in warfronts. However, when you do take people down, you know it was done on merit.

3. You don't have any portcullum waypoints. Have to get those later if you want to do pvp dailies.

4. You'll forego the entire storyline. I only suggest this gameplay style for an alt.

I'm sure I'm not the first to do this, I just wanted to share my experience and see what other people are doing/have done.

Peace

Level - lvl 28 Rogue - Deepstrike

Rift Disciple

Question: How do you plan to deal with gear? PvP vendors (non-50) are scattered all over the world, and seem to only sell 1-3 pieces every 10 levels or so.

I ask because I recently re-subbed a lvl 30, and want to PvP level as well.

Don't worry about gear imo, if the object is just to get to 50 via wf. I imagine there was a little gap of questing between level 6 and 10, but props for doing it your way. Hopefully they adjusted the coin drop so you can pay for skillups as well.

Shadowlander

Hotter is right. i get a piece of gear from every daily and dont buy any non-50 pvp pieces. My gear isn't the best for my level, but I'll hit 50 with a good start and most of the lord of war title

Did the same on a alt i made, had about 200k favor when i reached level 49, then i decided to lock it at level 49. 260k favor so far. Probably gonna unlock it when i got full vigilante set and then level while in a warfront. Just to see how huge difference it will be.... for a whole 5 minutes!
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

I'm leveling my Defiant-alt strictly through Warfronts, and he's up to 41, with just short of a full set of L50 gear already in his bank from his own favor farming.

Might not be the same situation you're talking about, though... I've got 300 point crafters and a ton of Veteran EXP vials I can feed him with.

Quote Originally Posted by LockPvP View Post
    1. No getting ganked while leveling - Just Queue in your capital.
    Yes just one of many reasons instanced pvp was/is the worst idea in mmo history.Lets make sure the openworld is lifeless by sitting in capital and queing allday.gg
    Last edited by XaviourEQ2; 03-05-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Shadowlander

Yep, same scenario. I have a 50 warrior 300 mining/weaponsmith/runecrafter. And veteran vials as well

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by XaviourEQ2 View Post
    Yes just one of many reasons instanced pvp was/is the worst idea in mmo history.Lets make sure the openworld is lifeless by sitting in capital and queing allday.gg
    If open world fights were even remotely fair, frequent, and yielded anything useful, then there wouldn't be a need. (And I say this as a big fan of open world PvP.) The Rift world just doesn't provide.

Quote Originally Posted by rptb1 View Post
    If open world fights were even remotely fair, frequent, and yielded anything useful, then there wouldn't be a need. (And I say this as a big fan of open world PvP.) The Rift world just doesn't provide.
    Hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by rptb1 View Post
    LOL, mabey open world pvp would be 'frequent' and robust if there was no instanced pvp??It clearly was never given the chance with instanced pvp upon release...And who's to say trion couldn't provide worth while rewards for open world pvp? Heck mabey they should do that now to provide incentive for world pvp.
    Last edited by XaviourEQ2; 03-05-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Open world pvp is fine. I was busy with school so I vacationed on a pve server and went nuts in days. Upon getting back to a PvP server I went out in the world and within 5 minutes sweeped up 4 kills. Felt good. If you think theres no world pvp, move to a pve server, and feel the void. It's very much there.

I just buy gear off AH for my leveling toons in WFs. And bonus weekends can smoke the XP meter. It's not a bad route at all. But I also assume I am going to be a total gimpy until I hit 50 and can start my path of progression, so I just take beatings as they come leveling up. It's all XP, not really into the actual gameplay of pre-50 warfronts. Just nice to get the favor. Also after leveling 2 50's, this game has the most terrible replay value on the pve side of things for leveling. Not really any unique paths...just the same line of questing. At least warfronts, by nature, are always different.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-05-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread