+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bhrawn
  • 1 Post By Byona

Thread: One word Leaderboards

Soulwalker

Default One word Leaderboards

I think they should add leaderboards. Don't care how they do it, like if it's in the game or on another website but leaderboards would be cool and bump up the competition. They could even have leaderboards for PvE like best dungeon times.

One word

Arena

I in no way support or am against arena, that was going to be said and i wanted to first.
    Last edited by Robes; 03-04-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    One word

Arena

I in no way support or am against arena, that was going to be said and i wanted to first.
    I am in b4 lock.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I am in b4 lock.
    your post is not relevant

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dinger88 View Post
    your post is not relevant
    How is it not relevant when this thread will soon be locked? ...Robes said the "A" word.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 03-04-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    How is it not relevant when this thread will soon be locked? ...Robes said the "A" word.
    http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...7874060161.jpg
    See you all in Wildstar!

Can't really have a leader board game unless they do some heavy modifications server side to allow offering cross realm pvp and cross continental PvP as well. W was able to do it since it had an enormous following but it will be quite sometime if they ever consider it.

I think what they should do is either promote a pvp only campaign to the buyer's market which isn't a monthly fee but have some substantial upgrades like you get the first 3 maps free then pay for an additional two-- each having specific rewards for grinding them and start building from their with pay to buy mounts cosmetics and stuff like that. keep upgrading the maps and offering new maps. To be honest they should have like 12 pvp maps at the moment. Like it or not rift is going to have to adapt. PVP is huge in the MMO market.

Raid guilds fall apart too much these days. Every since the event people have shuffled over to popular cluster spamming for new guilds that are HK to take them and some that are just getting into GSB/ROS are getting turned down by them and others won't take them because they are filled. So there is a problem. 1) is people are leaving guilds to go to more popular shards and 2) people are expecting instant high end raids as soon as they join. also i have notice abad server lag this weekend. NPC spawn taking up to 6 sec. to show. This means their are severe latency server wide. They need to do something about this as well...or else they just log out ..probably forever.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-04-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Can't really have a leader board game unless they do some heavy modifications server side to allow offering cross realm pvp and cross continental PvP as well. W was able to do it since it had an enormous following but it will be quite sometime if they ever consider it.

I think what they should do is either promote a pvp only campaign to the buyer's market which isn't a monthly fee but have some substantial upgrades like you get the first 3 maps free then pay for an additional two-- each having specific rewards for grinding them and start building from their with pay to buy mounts cosmetics and stuff like that. keep upgrading the maps and offering new maps. To be honest they should have like 12 pvp maps at the moment. Like it or not rift is going to have to adapt. PVP is huge in the MMO market.

Raid guilds fall apart too much these days. Every since the event people have shuffled over to popular cluster spamming for new guilds that are HK to take them and some that are just getting into GSB/ROS are getting turned down by them and others won't take them because they are filled. So there is a problem. 1) is people are leaving guilds to go to more popular shards and 2) people are expecting instant high end raids as soon as they join. also i have notice abad server lag this weekend. NPC spawn taking up to 6 sec. to show. This means their are severe latency server wide. They need to do something about this as well...or else they just log out ..probably forever.
    Okay, I don't see why it would take heavy modification to make this happen. I don't really understand the technical side to make leaderboards happen but i don't think it would be too much of a hassle. They already keep track of all players stats like kills anyway so why would it be hard to put that information on a website and organize it. With all the content they come out with I don't see why this would be so hard to do, but once again i don't understand the technical side of this so maybe I am wrong but maybe your wrong too.

+ Reply to Thread