+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eluna

Thread: Let's Go Over This Again

Ascendant

Default Let's Go Over This Again

Ok, I posted a thread about the Whitefall wall jumping exploit and got no dev response. This time I have posted a video displaying the "clever use of game mechanics" in action. Maybe the devs can let us know if this is working as intended or what.

Link: cheapness in action

Let me say, I am happy they are eliminating rogue runners from WF. I sometimes run but I HATE doing it. I am glad that responsibility will no longer be that of the rogue. However, this wont matter if they don't fix these little exploits where people can jump on top of walls, etc.

P.S. I own a mage and a beastmaster at the end. Just got bored and decided to pwn some face.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Ok, I posted a thread about the Whitefall wall jumping exploit and got no dev response. This time I have posted a video displaying the "clever use of game mechanics" in action. Maybe the devs can let us know if this is working as intended or what.

Link: cheapness in action

Let me say, I am happy they are eliminating rogue runners from WF. I sometimes run but I HATE doing it. I am glad that responsibility will no longer be that of the rogue. However, this wont matter if they don't fix these little exploits where people can jump on top of walls, etc.

P.S. I own a mage and a beastmaster at the end. Just got bored and decided to pwn some face.
    Not an exploit. There are larger stones up the wall that you can jump up from. You can't from where you were trying in the video.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    Not an exploit. There are larger stones up the wall that you can jump up from. You can't from where you were trying in the video.
    That doesn't matter, imo. The runner should not be able to get into a position where it takes careful jumping to get to him. In other words, he should be accessible by the other team, imo (blinking and sprinting notwithstanding).

Moreover, this is not possible to do in the defiant base, AFAIK. If it were, I wouldn't mind it so much. As it is, it gives guards a huge advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    True I have seen them jump the wall in the guardian side using the rock after they get the speed ball. I seen this happen a few times. Now I wonder if you have joined the testing in PT for this new WF... if you think this is bad wait when you see the clerics and Wars just jog right by the enemy without getting killed. Many started to post about this during the chats and provided feedback.

However, I have seen few of them posting it here so we will see what happens after this goes live. I too had to run them stones a few times and its is boring so I removed those specs because I prefer to attack and try to kill as many as I can in all the WFs.
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

so flash or shadow stalk couldn't get up to him...? if not you could have gone mm

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    so flash or shadow stalk couldn't get up to him...? if not you could have gone mm
    I was in a sin spec. Besides, killing a runner shouldn't be a matter of having to rely on a NB/RS or a warrior with riftwalk. IMO, it should not be possible to get on that wall.

nerf rogues

I was in a sin spec. Besides, killing a runner shouldn't be a matter of having to rely on a NB/RS or a warrior with riftwalk. IMO, it should not be possible to get on that wall.
    i abbreviated flash (of steel) saw you use it on the mage, just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Eluna View Post
    nerf rogues
    The new WF all who carry the stone can't run too fast even the rogues. So basically it gives their pocket healer time to catch up to the runners and heal them all the way to the camp. It will be interesting the posts when this goes live.
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Nice day fer Murda

The thing I have seen many players try to run behind the runner; however, they should be on their mounts and try to cut him/her off or try to get as close as you can before you are attacked and removed from your mount. Then yes using shadow stalk shoud get you close but that is if you are using that build.
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Nice day fer Murda

Ascendant

i abbreviated flash (of steel) saw you use it on the mage, just wondering
    Yeah but I'd have to break stealth to use it. And that means I don't get my jaggy on the runner.

Maybe I am in the minority? How many are for them being able to get on top of the wall?

Yeah but I'd have to break stealth to use it. And that means I don't get my jaggy on the runner.

Maybe I am in the minority? How many are for them being able to get on top of the wall?

i'm neutral on it
    you can get on the wall defiant side if that's your only reason against it

+ Reply to Thread