+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Warriors Carry Teams

Ascendant

Default Warriors Carry Teams

People that say warriors are a burden to the team, are wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU-hxJPvL54

(my subs have seen this video already)

PS. last clip of the video is why i only play my lowbie characters now.

Default lol

Wow. Just wow.

Just because you play a warrior who can kill a badly geared mage or rogue in 5 hits, doesn't mean you carry the team. You are so modest........

Ascendant

ya lol they are all so badly geared with there 7k-8k health.

Warriors are definitely important, from my experience without a warrior in the team everyone becomes headless chickens and give us healers a hard time.. we need them meat shields to make us organized.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Ascendant

i hate it when im playing my mage twink and we have no warriors in the warfront. I need those guys for my survivability. Simple MMO mechanics.

will miss ya in 50s

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    i hate it when im playing my mage twink and we have no warriors in the warfront. I need those guys for my survivability. Simple MMO mechanics.
    This is so much the truth. The single most important person for me to have on my team as a mage is a good warrior. I need someone to push the front line so I can do my work. It is hard to push up as a mage when MM's have a longer range. Have a good healer is great and all but I am not going to take tons of damage as a mage and be able to survive. People really underestimate the usefulness of a warrior and using them to your advantage.

A good mage + warrior combo can be deadly as they benefit each other quite a lot in terms of the warrior pushing up so the mage can take down the ranged that are making the warriors life hard. Personally I would rather have a beast warrior than a good cleric.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    will miss ya in 50s
    ill get on when i wanna make some videos. I was actually recording that codex game that we got destroyed in lol. That's never hitting the presses though :P

indeed warriors make the best companions :P i imagine all the complaints tho are coming from solo'ers who overextend and such, you can see something similar in the video Kaspurtz posted, at 7:10, most warriors would simply just stay up there until they die and QQ about healing. Fact is, we actually see your hp dropping, infact on we are trying to heal you (we do know exactly whos getting low on hp since we actually use the raid frame unlike most dpsers so dont think we didnt notice you) we click on our insta heal and we're ready to top your hp but theres one problem, you are los'ing us, come back down for the heal yo! yes i know we need to also position oursleves in a place where we can reach you, and it was possible in this video, but in most cases that would cause us to expose ourselves way too much and we end up dying, or it would cause us to los other members in the team to be able to reach you and keep you alive then look back only to see the rest of our team is dead. Which leads to the one and only solution, ignore that warrior until he comes back for a heal, which you seen on the video you got it as soon as u stepped down xD
    See you all in Wildstar!

I learned really quickly from playing alts just how important warriors are to the team. Without a good warrior to lead the charge, your team just huddles and turtles. Warriors have an extremely important role in the movement and momentum of your team, so next time when a warrior pushes into the enemy group, don't tell them not to overextend; run in with them because if you let him die, then you die.

In the most literal sense possible, warriors carry teams because we're the only ones who take the initiative to actually push forward.

Rift Disciple

warriors are fine.
    rogues are op.
    clerics are op.
    mages probably needs a small buff(maybe some more dmg absorv on avangers specs or removing drs on some mage slow effects)
    Last edited by HUGEBUGOMGHELP; 03-04-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    indeed warriors make the best companions :P i imagine all the complaints tho are coming from solo'ers who overextend and such, you can see something similar in the video Kaspurtz posted, at 7:10, most warriors would simply just stay up there until they die and QQ about healing. Fact is, we actually see your hp dropping, infact on we are trying to heal you (we do know exactly whos getting low on hp since we actually use the raid frame unlike most dpsers so dont think we didnt notice you) we click on our insta heal and we're ready to top your hp but theres one problem, you are los'ing us, come back down for the heal yo! yes i know we need to also position oursleves in a place where we can reach you, and it was possible in this video, but in most cases that would cause us to expose ourselves way too much and we end up dying, or it would cause us to los other members in the team to be able to reach you and keep you alive then look back only to see the rest of our team is dead. Which leads to the one and only solution, ignore that warrior until he comes back for a heal, which you seen on the video you got it as soon as u stepped down xD

yea that was my bad, i had healing benediction on me and everything lol. But me and that healer did our job of distracting the team for the flag return.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGEBUGOMGHELP View Post
    warriors are fine.
    rogues are op.
    clerics are op.
    mages probably needs a small buff(maybe some more dmg absorv on avangers specs or removing drs on some mage slow effects)
    Yay, glad I made a cleric alt lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Oaf

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    A good mage + warrior combo can be deadly as they benefit each other quite a lot in terms of the warrior pushing up so the mage can take down the ranged that are making the warriors life hard. Personally I would rather have a beast warrior than a good cleric.
    I miss you...
    Honorary member of The Fallen Sons and Terrible Idea.

Rift Disciple

He was clearly talking about me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast