+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: I'm a pvper.

Default I'm a pvper.

I see a lot of whine threads crying about the difficulty of obtaining gear with fresh level 50's. I am a rogue main that is already P40 for the longest, I made a cleric alt a month ago, he's now P31 and climbing, only missing the P36 weapon which I should be at that rank in another week or so. So how am I able to have almos two P40's without running to the forums crying about gear discrepancy and the like? Oh and I've been downing Akylios for over a month now on my rogue. Holla @ya boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I see a lot of whine threads crying about the difficulty of obtaining gear with fresh level 50's. I am a rogue main that is already P40 for the longest, I made a cleric alt a month ago, he's now P31 and climbing, only missing the P36 weapon which I should be at that rank in another week or so. So how am I able to have almos two P40's without running to the forums crying about gear discrepancy and the like? Oh and I've been downing Akylios for over a month now on my rogue. Holla @ya boy.
    It's all well and good to say "It only took me X days to do X" when there's no point of reference. The key to your claims would be how many hours, on average, do you play a day?

If you play 12 hours a day, naturally it would take you much less "time" to accomplish your goals than if you played, say, 2 hours a day.
    Last edited by Meina; 03-04-2012 at 09:31 AM.

I'm 37 years old, I work average 50 hour weeks, I play after work and on weekends, what's that you're saying? Speak louder!!!

I'm 37 years old, I work average 50 hour weeks, I play after work and on weekends, what's that you're saying? Speak louder!!!
    Just trying to bring some clarity to your post (and possibly future posts from others).

You see it all the time. People make vague claims about how long it takes them to do X, but without an accurate point of reference, the claim doesn't mean much.

I can say "Oh yeah? Well you're wrong. It took me 6 months to get to R10". On the surface this sounds like an amazingly long time, game-wise. However, once you find out that I (in this example) only play 30 minutes a week, well, it changes the whole message doesn't it?

Simply put, referencing weeks and / or months doesn't mean much to anyone who hasn't experienced the grind themselves (which I assume is your target audience) unless you inform them as to how many hours you put in during those weeks and / or months.

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    Just trying to bring some clarity to your post (and possibly future posts from others).

You see it all the time. People make vague claims about how long it takes them to do X, but without an accurate point of reference, the claim doesn't mean much.

I can say "Oh yeah? Well you're wrong. It took me 6 months to get to R10". On the surface this sounds like an amazingly long time, game-wise. However, once you find out that I (in this example) only play 30 minutes a week, well, it changes the whole message doesn't it?

Simply put, referencing weeks and / or months doesn't mean much to anyone who hasn't experienced the grind themselves (which I assume is your target audience) unless you inform them as to how many hours you put in during those weeks and / or months.
    If you play 30 minutes a day, perhaps MMORPG's are not for you my friend.

Dude, seriously, chill out.
    The whole defensive nature of your post is far too familiar.
    Meina is just trying to get a point of reference and have a discussion, there really is no need for the whole ****ish responses.

For one, many of the complaints often tend to stem not only form the grind, but also from the grind + face rolling you encounter in the beginning.

Now with level locking its a bit easier to avoid this, on the other hand, if you have no experience you tend to go through a bit of a baptism through dirt.

Rift Disciple

Default Easy To Level

I play about 20 hours a week. It took me 3 months to hit R8 and fully gear up. When it changed to 40 ranks it took me 2 weekends of playing escalation to reach R40. With the addition of escalation weekends, favor/prestige pots, matched WFs, and the lowering of the total overall prestige required to top out Trion has made it incredibly easy for casual players to be competitive in PvP. If you play less than 5 hours a week, perhaps you should try FPS games where the gear isn't based on a reward system.

Okay, you either...

A) Have no clue of what I'm trying to say

or

B) Are trolling

I'll assume the former for one more post...

What I'm trying to say is that your claims of "It took me a month to get to R31" mean nothing to the people you're trying to communicate to without them knowing how many hours a day you played during that month.

If it was 1 hour a day, then the grind was very reasonable. If it was 6 hours a day, then it obviously becomes less reasonable. At 12 hours a day, then it becomes unbearable in a lot of peoples' minds.

And, when I used 30 minutes a day as my example, it was just that, an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Dude, seriously, chill out.
    The whole defensive nature of your post is far too familiar.
    Meina is just trying to get a point of reference and have a discussion, there really is no need for the whole ****ish responses.

For one, many of the complaints often tend to stem not only form the grind, but also from the grind + face rolling you encounter in the beginning.

Now with level locking its a bit easier to avoid this, on the other hand, if you have no experience you tend to go through a bit of a baptism through dirt.
    Hey there guy, did you not realize I have a P31 cleric that is getting face rolled right now by superior geared opponents? Do you see me making whine threads about gear? I take the butt whooping and keep grinding, I'm already fairly competitive @P31, have a nice day casual scrub.

Champion

Do you see me making whine threads about gear?
    Though the irony that you are whining about people whining, does seem to have passed you by....
    Last edited by Flimble; 03-04-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Rift Disciple

So how am I able to have almos two P40's without running to the forums crying about gear discrepancy and the like?

You dont have gf.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Though the irony that you are whining about people whining, does seem to have passed you by....
    I'm just putting some heat under the pants of these instant gratification kiddies!

Quote Originally Posted by HUGEBUGOMGHELP View Post
    You dont have gf.
    So TRION should auto level players to P40 because they have real life commitments?

If it took no effort to accomplish anything in this MMO, I would probably not be playing it, I might as well get an Xbox 360.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 03-04-2012 at 10:07 AM.

80hr work week on average here. I play probably 2-3hrs during the week, assuming I play at all, and cram Saturday and Sunday which I'm usually raiding at least one of those days.

It takes me a while to get my pvp gear, in literal days. (I've been working on my pvp book for ages now, although it doesnt help that I end up buying other things with my favour)
    In actual hours, nope.

People will btich and moan because they have to actually do something for a reward.
    They hate the concept of dying, but love the concept of winning.
    And feel that despite effort, success should outweigh the failures.

Problem with that is, if one succeeds, someone else fails. They just happen to be the "someone else"

No matter how hard or easy it is to get pvp gear, someone will find complaint about pvp.
    Last edited by Eughe; 03-04-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Even playing ultra casual I can see it maybe taking 4 months at longest. It took me 2 months to go from fresh 50 to rank 8. (small gap i between when i hit r6 and was capped, I didnt factor in those days). So a lot of that was done without bonus weekends or vials. I would imagine you can epically cut that time frame down, especially if I did it with no bonus weekends. Those bonus weekends are out of control for xp gain

But my frame of reference is dated because my only reference in an era of the game when XP was less abundant to get for pvp. So if anything mine could be improved. My playtime? I'd say it was more than average during the time I did it. i still would say 1 - 3 months is a good ballpark to hit max rank and get all the gear from vendors.

ps. when I was going for the shard first rank 40. My number one strategy was to not open the forums until I hit 40. Sounds funny but it's true
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-04-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast