+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New tier of PVP gear with ID?

  1. #1
    Ascendant Redius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,338

    Default New tier of PVP gear with ID?

    Has anyone seen mention of new ranks/gear for PVP with the release of ID? My apolgies if I've missed it, but didn't see anything on forums or on search.

    Thanks in advance, if anyone has any knowledge about it.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

    THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

  2. #2
    Ascendant LOveRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    I haven't really heard if there is a new tier of pvp gear coming out 1.8 but im about 90% sure they will do it. With the new tier in raiding gear they cannot just hold the cap at rank 40~.

    If they did new tier raiding > rank 40 gear and i'm sure people would be running around in wfs with it on. Yes, you do lose valor but if you can easily take down a person with some pieces i mean i would do it. I don't think Trion wants to risk more QQing on pvp forums that new raiding tier is going to break pvp :P.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Redius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    I haven't really heard if there is a new tier of pvp gear coming out 1.8 but im about 90% sure they will do it. With the new tier in raiding gear they cannot just hold the cap at rank 40~.

    If they did new tier raiding > rank 40 gear and i'm sure people would be running around in wfs with it on. Yes, you do lose valor but if you can easily take down a person with some pieces i mean i would do it. I don't think Trion wants to risk more QQing on pvp forums that new raiding tier is going to break pvp :P.
    That was my thought as well; Trion has released PVP gear in conjunction with new tiers of PVE gear...I just hadn't seen "official" confirmation on the PTS, patch notes, or from a dev.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

    THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

  4. #4
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Think of how TRION has handled new content Pve & pvp wise since release, there's your answer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    I kinda wish they did it a bit more imaginative.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched MajorMelchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Just keep the 3 Tiers and upgade each, so Tier 3 would be at the new PVE level gear, Tier 2 would now at Tier 3 level and Tier 1 would be at Tier 2 level. Simple, then perhaps add a Tier 4 costume set that is really expensive that looks EPIC! (or just like the new Teir PVP set) with no stat increase at all.

    The last thing PVP needs is another Tier to seperate low ranks and high ranks even more.
    Last edited by MajorMelchett; 03-04-2012 at 10:16 AM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    Just keep the 3 Tiers and upgade each, so Tier 3 would be at the new PVE level gear, Tier 2 would now at Tier 3 level and Tier 1 would be at Tier 2 level. Simple, then perhaps add a Tier 4 costume set that is really expensive that looks EPIC! (or just like the new Teir PVP set) with no stat increase at all.

    The last thing PVP needs is another Tier to seperate low ranks and high ranks even more.
    Why is that exactly? Pve folks get new tier, why not pvpers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Maybe it's being held back because they are in a world of trouble if they leave itemization at a stalemate. It's not epically broken, but there are foreseeable problems. I hope the extra time is being used to do that. They can't just keep releasing gear in the manner they are itemized the way it is. ^.^ It will bite us eventually
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  9. #9
    Plane Touched MajorMelchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why is that exactly? Pve folks get new tier, why not pvpers?
    Like i said, we do BUT it's just an upgraded Tier 3 set, so Tier 3 would have the stats of a new set (and perhaps the new look aswell), Tier 2 would have the stats of Tier 3 etc.

    The reason for this is simple, the PVP Tier 3 set is now on par with the new PVE set BUT, it doesn't make the gear > skill PVP scewing even worse than it is now.

    The only way i could agree on a new set outright (Tier 1/23/4) is if they fixed the matchmaking, so high ranked/geared players always faced high rank/geared players and low ranked/geared players always faced low ranked/geared players.
    Last edited by MajorMelchett; 03-04-2012 at 10:33 AM.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why is that exactly? Pve folks get new tier, why not pvpers?
    He's not against a new tier of PvP gear, he's saying as the new tier of PvP gear comes in, phase out the lowest set of PvP gear, and make the second lowest set the new lowest set.

    The only argument I can see against that is one coming from the PvE-ers (low-tier PvP gear would be better than low-tier PvE gear).

  11. #11
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    Like i said, we do BUT it's just an upgraded Tier 3 set, so Tier 3 would have the stats of a new set (and perhaps the new look aswell), Tier 2 would have the stats of Tier 3 etc.

    The reason for this is simple, the PVP Tier 3 set is now on par with the new PVE set BUT, it doesn't make the gear > skill PVP scewing even worse than it is now.

    The only way i could agree on a new set outright (Tier 1/23/4) is if they fixed the matchmaking, so high ranked/geared players always faced high rank/geared players and low ranked/geared players always faced low ranked/geared players.
    You're one of those casuals that hate to lose in Pvp huh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched MajorMelchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    You're one of those casuals that hate to lose in Pvp huh!
    And your one of those people who likes to gear to win huh!.

    I'm not a casual who hates to loose, i just prefer a fair fight based on skill, not gear.
    Last edited by MajorMelchett; 03-04-2012 at 10:40 AM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    And your one of those people who likes to gear to win huh!.

    I'm not a casual who hates to loose, i just prefer a fair fight based on skill, not gear.
    You don't know how to spell lose do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched MajorMelchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    You don't know how to spell lose do you?
    Insulting my spelling?, really?.
    Last edited by MajorMelchett; 03-04-2012 at 10:47 AM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMelchett View Post
    Insulting my spelling?, really?.
    If you graduated from at least high school and still don't know the difference between loose and lose, then we cant have any kind of conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts