+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Torvax
  • 1 Post By Gunzip

Thread: Do pvp gears need excessive farming?

Soulwalker

Default Do pvp gears need excessive farming?

Hi,

I've already got the first tier of pvp gear but it seems like getting even the second tier would take unacceptable amount of time. Some of those pieces cost as much as 80-100K.

So are you supposed to just do Warfronts until your eyes bleed or is their any strategy to it? Using pots and doing WFs in weekend might be useful, but how useful? how long does it usually take to get to the next tier gear?

Pls don't use acronyms (do some GB and some DoF) in your response and elaborate. Some of us are relatively new here.

I do the PvP daily quests, well three of them as I play in PvE server. Also the daily warfront quest is a good source of favor. Other than that, just do warfronts as much as possible. Weekend warfronts are also a good way, and ofcourse take the advantage of this weekends increased favor and Prestige.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I dunno, I usually stand in the middle of the pond screaming 1v1 me noobs.

Yes .
    "You lost me at Balance"

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Algrim View Post
    I do the PvP daily quests, well three of them as I play in PvE server. Also the daily warfront quest is a good source of favor. Other than that, just do warfronts as much as possible. Weekend warfronts are also a good way, and ofcourse take the advantage of this weekends increased favor and Prestige.
    Where can I get the daily pvp quests? I've found the daily warfront quest. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pupp3t33r View Post
    Where can I get the daily pvp quests? I've found the daily warfront quest. thanks
    They are in the same area as teh warfront quests. If you are a Guardian, they are received from the npcs left from the one that gives the daily warfront quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I dunno, I usually stand in the middle of the pond screaming 1v1 me noobs.

It takes a while to get the full set of gear and weapons, think of it this way, how long does it take to get a full hammerknell gear set + weapons. It should relatively take a similar amount of time to be fully pvp geared at the high end of prestige rank 40. I'm sorry if you instant gratification kiddies that come from first person shooters think it should take one weekend to be fully pvp geared.

This is a means and way to progress your in game toon, this is an MMO, if it only took one weekend to do all that, you may as well be playing an FPS game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pupp3t33r View Post
    Hi,

I've already got the first tier of pvp gear but it seems like getting even the second tier would take unacceptable amount of time. Some of those pieces cost as much as 80-100K.
    I would say it depends in what context. A dedicated non PVPing PVE raider will tell you it's too easy to get PVP geared considering how good it is- I would disagree-It takes a lot oftime if you approach it as a grind.

I would suggest you consider acquiring lvl 50 as significantly less than half of your full target if you want to be R40 and fully geared.

There are ways to speed things up-Play the bonused warfronts, use potions at the right times and dont waste any minute of them, do your pvp dailies and preferably in a little group/raid etc etc and it speeds up dramatically.-Be ready to be steam rolled a lot while you level up. It can be frustrating so I suggest you play a more cautious supporting role early on and keep a low profile. If you look like the weak link that dies in 2 swings you will get singled out for the quick kill.
    It's tough at low levels-As soon as it starts to irritate go do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    I would say it depends in what context. A dedicated non PVPing PVE raider will tell you it's too easy to get PVP geared considering how good it is- I would disagree-It takes a lot oftime if you approach it as a grind.

I would suggest you consider acquiring lvl 50 as significantly less than half of your full target if you want to be R40 and fully geared.

There are ways to speed things up-Play the bonused warfronts, use potions at the right times and dont waste any minute of them, do your pvp dailies and preferably in a little group/raid etc etc and it speeds up dramatically.-Be ready to be steam rolled a lot while you level up. It can be frustrating so I suggest you play a more cautious supporting role early on and keep a low profile. If you look like the weak link that dies in 2 swings you will get singled out for the quick kill.

Well said ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Algrim View Post
    Yes, this is pretty much it. You have no choice but to do WF if you want the better pvp gears. I had lvled on my own to 50 on a pvp server killing the enemies as much as I can while doing quests. However, after lvl 50 you have no choice but to join WF to get the better gears or join a group and do some pve.

Yes, I know this is sad but true because killing a player in open world while questing earns you little favor compared to WF which is so easy to get win or lose.
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post

What you have stated is so dam true.

I drink ta dat....
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

Quote Originally Posted by Killforbeer View Post
    Yes, this is pretty much it. You have no choice but to do WF if you want the better pvp gears. I had lvled on my own to 50 on a pvp server killing the enemies as much as I can while doing quests. However, after lvl 50 you have no choice but to join WF to get the better gears or join a group and do some pve.

Yes, I know this is sad but true because killing a player in open world while questing earns you little favor compared to WF which is so easy to get win or lose.
    The concept is not new, TRION borrowed the model from Blizzard by awarding huge favor rewards even if you lose, it keeps the casual playerbase happy, but it also encourages leechers, aka afk bots.

+ Reply to Thread