+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let us mutiny

Rift Disciple

Default Let us mutiny

It seems the more and more I play that the landslide victories and losses come when you get stuck with a warfront leader who doesn't mark the targets. The go-to strategy for this weekends Library of the Runemaster escalation seems to be for Defiants on my battle group to just have 5+ healers and just camp in the middle spamming heals constantly.

Add to the that, the couple idiots who charge into 15 enemies on their own and die horribly, add to that the next 3 guys who do the exact same, and you're already at a disadvantage going in. But the big issues comes when you do try to go in and everyone is attacking different targets. Yes, on rare occasions you get good players who will actually follow someone's chat calling, but more often than not you just get met with a "Just let them win and get it over with".

So... Let us mutiny and get that raid leader title moved off of someone who isn't bothering to mark, and onto someone who will.

I wish I could mark the vessels.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Champion

Uhhh, LOL?

The Vessels are already marked with a giant beam of light glaring down on them...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    Uhhh, LOL?

The Vessels are already marked with a giant beam of light glaring down on them...
    Which doesn't help in library when they are standing there with 3 relics being healed by 5 healers.
    Last edited by Xioden; 03-03-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    Uhhh, LOL?

No they're not. They sparkle a tad. They only have a huge light glaring down on them when someone picks them up. I said I wanted to mark vessels, not vessel holders.

Uhhh, LOL?
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

If only the disaster that is Library of the Runemasters was that simple to fix. It's stupidly simple.

Is your team stacked with melee rogues/warriors and healing clerics? If so, grab vessels, all stack in the middle, and infinitely LoS if your health bar goes down too far.

It's like Black Garden but you can't even disperse a stacked team with AoE because it's so easy to LoS any attacks. If we want LoR to be fun, we need a change to the Rune Vessels that 1-shot ally holders if they get too close to each other, instead of just a double damage tick.

See how quickly they scatter then.

You really don't need any specific calling in library. You just need Kamikaze's with their head in the game, at least, to pull off a victory.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Default Vessels are marked on the minimap

Like the title said

Quote Originally Posted by Vegimatic View Post
    Vessels are marked on the minimap
    Like the title said
    lol
    It actually took 8 posts for that to get acknowledged.
    The minimap icons even move if someone is carrying.
    /facepalm

... there is absolutely no hope for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Xioden View Post
    Let us mutiny and get that raid leader title moved off of someone who isn't bothering to mark, and onto someone who will.
    We need an in-your-face notice that informs people they are a leader or assistant.

I quite often with my new alt get promoted to leader (leader, not assistant) for some reason. I really don't know why, but maybe because I'm a bushido kind of player to my team and I don't usually run but will instead die trying. If I notice that I was suddenly made leader (and I try to but don't always pay attention to chat) then I'll mark our own healers at the very least and try to mark those of the other team, and I'll promote to assistant a few other players who appear that they might be knowledgeable (again, usually our own healers or tanks). But in the heat of battle I simply do not have time to do much marking of the other team, I'm very much constantly on the move and in combat and very busy. It appears to be the same for most of the assistants, too, as they seldom mark.
    Last edited by Taptap; 03-03-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    We need an in-your-face notice that informs people they are a leader or assistant.

I quite often with my new alt get promoted to leader (leader, not assistant) for some reason. I really don't know why, but maybe because I'm a bushido kind of player to my team and I don't usually run but will instead die trying. If I notice that I was suddenly made leader (and I try to but don't always pay attention to chat) then I'll mark our own healers at the very least and try to mark those of the other team, and I'll promote to assistant a few other players who appear that they might be knowledgeable (again, usually our own healers or tanks). But in the heat of battle I simply do not have time to do much marking of the other team, I'm very much constantly on the move and in combat and very busy. It appears to be the same for most of the assistants, too, as they seldom mark.
    Yea, I'm guilty of not realizing it's me every so often as well. Unfortunately you still end up with people who completely ignore warfront chat (if they have it visible at all) when you inform them or ask them to mark or pass around assistant. I've also had 2 people outright say no, and one who went down the list marking our team.

I always mark though when I'm aware of it, and I'll check the scoreboard while I'm dead to see if there is anyone that needs marking that I wasn't aware of.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    lol
    It actually took 8 posts for that to get acknowledged.
    The minimap icons even move if someone is carrying.
    /facepalm

... there is absolutely no hope for us.
    They change color, too, so you can see where the enemy is holding theirs and where your teammates are holding yours. It's like...all helpful and stuff. Unfortunately, Joe Average plays with a piece of cardboard taped over his screen with a four inch square hole cut in the middle of it, and that's all he can see.

I like that this turned into a vessel on the map discussion. I think 100% of people ITT missed the joke.

Almost like those vessels.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-03-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread