+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Testercules

Thread: Noteworthy PVP Devs @LVL 50.

Default Noteworthy PVP Devs @LVL 50.

I can't think of any right now as I play a Warrior.

Whoever allowed us to twink, that guy/gal.

The only time I've ever seen a Dev in-game (PTS) was related to the most recent event (and they killed me 4-5 times).

I'd like the PVP Devs (1 for each class) to show up on the PTS and brainstorm with players in the same fashion they attempted with the event. It's definitely better than posting 100 times on the forum then reading 1 Rift Team response, then nothing again in the way of feedback for a month.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Prophet of Telara

One day a dev team will get it right and actually have an open line of communication with the top players (specifically those who can demonstrate that they can act in a relatively unbiased manner when providing feedback) and balance and community relations will be in a better position.

Although I personally think that the reason the Trion Devs don't discuss much with the pvp playerbase is because then the truth would come out that Trion has no real intention of developing any sort of actual pvp content. They pretty much give a roll of the dice to the relative power of different specs each patch creating some new PvP meta game as playstyles adapt and call it content.

Telaran

Why would they add more PVP content?

We gripe about anything they add, and play what's already there anyway.

Half the PVP community wants RvR. The other half wants Arenas. Both sides admit that RIFT isn't giving them what they want, but continue playing anyway. Many fully intend to unsub as soon as GW2 releases.

So, no matter what they do half the community will hate it. And no matter how much that other half loves it, most of those guys have one foot out the door anyway.

Would you pay a bunch of developers to design content for people that had no intention of actually paying you for your trouble? Or, would you come out with more fluff/raids that a huge portion of your (very loyal) customer base adore?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by P1NCUSH1ON View Post
    Why would they add more PVP content?

We gripe about anything they add, and play what's already there anyway.

Half the PVP community wants RvR. The other half wants Arenas. Both sides admit that RIFT isn't giving them what they want, but continue playing anyway. Many fully intend to unsub as soon as GW2 releases.

So, no matter what they do half the community will hate it. And no matter how much that other half loves it, most of those guys have one foot out the door anyway.

Would you pay a bunch of developers to design content for people that had no intention of actually paying you for your trouble? Or, would you come out with more fluff/raids that a huge portion of your (very loyal) customer base adore?
    Of course now it is most likely too late to add PvP content and save the PvP community, but this is a year after release. I have been here since 1.0 with a couple breaks and there was at one time promises of PvP content (Anyone still around that remembers the fabled 40v 40 wf that was in the works?). The pvp "content" we got in this order PvP daily quests, increased Ranks, escalation whitefall and the only truly new content, Library of the Runemasters which was based off content designed for PvE.

Please think of the past years additions of PvE content and then read the last sentence I wrote. Now please have a little thought experiment regarding how much development time was needed to add the PvP "content" vs the PvE content.

You are right all they have to do is pretty much give us a map and we will play it over and over again, even if it was a cheap rip off of their PvE content. Yet in over a year they could only give us 1 new area to fight in?

They could have created a river of souls replica, called it the war of souls and made it an FFA pvp zone or something silly like that and I bet it would have tons of people playing it. PvPers don't need voice over acting or even new vistas, we just want more than 5 maps with fixed game mode styles to play after playing them for a year. The PvPers foot is out the door because they bought Trion's lip service regarding pvp content for the first 4 months, most pvpers left then, some are still around because there arent any other worthwhile, modern pvp games around. But you are right, they will be gone when GW2 arrives, and part of that is due to Trion's interaction with the pvp community.
    Last edited by Seether; 03-02-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    I can't think of any right now as I play a Warrior.

Whoever allowed us to twink, that guy/gal.

The only time I've ever seen a Dev in-game (PTS) was related to the most recent event (and they killed me 4-5 times).

I'd like the PVP Devs (1 for each class) to show up on the PTS and brainstorm with players in the same fashion they attempted with the event. It's definitely better than posting 100 times on the forum then reading 1 Rift Team response, then nothing again in the way of feedback for a month.

Really really bad idea

heres why
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd1LO6vCD54
    Pvp tournament 5v5 Pts Alpha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4lT..._order&list=UL
    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    SwordPlay aka ReapingGlory #1 Mage
    Phalooz aka Cromagis #1 Warrior
    Come and take the titles!

There's certainly no harm in direct contact with devs in an open-discussion, but thanks for your input there, Negative Nancy.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Prophet of Telara

Seen Wally try to pick up a shard in whitefall tonight in the PTS and get owned.

Wasnt impressed.

+ Reply to Thread