+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Merkabah

Thread: one of a kind post

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Merkabah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default one of a kind post

    i have always focused on PvP. its where my enjoyment lies. I play a 51 chloro always. I have read many of the forum posts, and im quite amazed at all the complaining. Im not saying that there arent issues here and there because thats normal. But compared to other games PvP, Rift wins by a long shot. i still have 4 or 5 pieces to aquire before im geared max, and i have to say, i love the style of PvP in this game. sometimes, im a hard MoFo to kill, and i can out heal a vast majority of clerics (props to my cleric bretheren none the less :P ) and i mostly judge myself on the other mage healers in the game.

    im sad to see all the complaining about mage heals in PvP, i have not had experiences near what they complain about. sometimes, i feel invincible, other times i feel one shotted, but each death helps me fine tune my play style a little more and enjoy the progress. i am very pleased with the new PvP changes as of late. i feel that Trion has made a huge effort to address issues that were present in PvP very effectively, unlike other unnamed MMO's (like certain worlds that craft war). Mage healers kick *** when played right. they can do a fair amount of damage also while pushing huge heals to the group. combined with DOM, the level of CC is just right too. I wish more people would stick with the chloro heals.

    i guess what i want to say, and where i feel this post differs from most, is that i am satisfied with the PvP in rift. i have fun and its different every time i play. i have good days and bad days, like it should be.

    so thanks Trion!!!! thanks for making the effort to make your PvP fair and effective for endless fun.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    +1 Great post. Needs to be said more.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Its because chloro healing sucks at 50.
    Once you hit it you'll see what is meant.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    I want the other classes buffed for healing, getting tired of only clerics being the healers.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Merkabah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Its because chloro healing sucks at 50.
    Once you hit it you'll see what is meant.
    maybe you missed my point, i have been 50 for a long time, i see no reason to say chloro pvp stinks, why? because im good at it, and i have learned how to play my class. it just takes determination. i wasnt good at first, but i know how to adjust my play style and avoid those who can kill me. i still say Trion is on the right track. even with the merc system, i love it. so many people were complaining about que times, so trion listens to them and fixes it, and what happens? all the complaining shifts to the merc system. i for one love the short que times, i dont mind being a merc, its all about favor in the long run, i dont care who has to be healed to get it.

  6. #6
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merkabah View Post
    maybe you missed my point, i have been 50 for a long time, i see no reason to say chloro pvp stinks, why? because im good at it, and i have learned how to play my class. it just takes determination. i wasnt good at first, but i know how to adjust my play style and avoid those who can kill me..
    As an alleged healer it doesn't matter whether you are good at it or not, you are still are mile behind a cleric when it comes to PvP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Merkabah View Post
    i still say Trion is on the right track. even with the merc system, i love it. so many people were complaining about que times, so trion listens to them and fixes it, and what happens? all the complaining shifts to the merc system. i for one love the short que times, i dont mind being a merc, its all about favor in the long run, i dont care who has to be healed to get it.
    I don't really care that much about queue times, when they announced mercs I thought good (perhaps naively given Trion's track record) they will be able to balance out teams with it, but they don't. This morning I've played about 25 WF, about 70% have been easy wins for one side or the other simply because of unbalanced teams.

    With mercs they could of balanced tihings out, but no we get situatiions like me on my mage alt a measly rank 6 being merced to the Guardians who were the weaker team, so instead of bolstering the guardians by moving one of our r40 (yes my r6 regulalry appears in the same WF as r40) to the guardians, the "brilliant" merc system actually weakened the guardians by lumbering them with another low ranked toon.

    People complain that players go AFK or give up, or ignore objectives, but really what do you expect when much of the time the result is a foregone conclusion and it really doesn't matter what you do.

    Trion's handling of PvP is frankly incomptent.
    Last edited by Flimble; 03-03-2012 at 07:34 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Finally, someone who feels the same way.


    I'm a maxed out P40 rogue who plays 51 sin builds. I absolutely love pvp in rift.

    I'd also love to see them implement an Arena.

    Haters will hate....... and i'll just keep winning.
    Last edited by yayoh; 03-03-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    ~*Yayoh *~ - Derpwood.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Maybe I speak for myself, but we all enjoy the thought of what Rift PvP could be. What it is right now isn't PvP though, at least not to me. Doing the same WF's over and over again, with no organization, and a non existant world PvP scene leaves those with a competitive mind set still wanting more. Lots of ways to go about implementing something that would scratch that itch, but Trion has dubbed the PvP Forums the red headed step child that no one wants it seems.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Maybe I speak for myself, but we all enjoy the thought of what Rift PvP could be. What it is right now isn't PvP though, at least not to me. Doing the same WF's over and over again, with no organization, and a non existant world PvP scene leaves those with a competitive mind set still wanting more. Lots of ways to go about implementing something that would scratch that itch, but Trion has dubbed the PvP Forums the red headed step child that no one wants it seems.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ (I could do this all day)

    I am probably going to get another infriction but meh...

    Amon is right. Trion just silences any ideas about pvp such as implementing Arenas or Wpvp objectives (for example reduce the hp guards have considerably in sanct and merid and give massive incentives to a faction to kill the other's boss). This is because jumping on balloons is way more fun and going to keep WAY MORE subs and therefore warrants dev investment.

    I feel that at this stage Trion knows of the looming PVP minded game that is about to launch and knows its going to lose its pvp community sub base (Some serious pvpers already left and some are about to leave in the next 2 months, like Keldor for example). Hence they are trying to appease the fluffy pve player base.

    We are not asking you to implement things yesterday (although if you listened to us Trion a few months back it would be implemented today). All we are asking for is to listen to the pvp community, not silence it on the forums, and come up with a development roadmap for pvp and communicate it back to the pvp community here on the forums.

    Vampyre / Blackdeth (And now Crayzee my lil 35 rogue twink :P)

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts