+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: My Whitefall: Avalanche test feelings.

Champion

Default My Whitefall: Avalanche test feelings.

First of all, I'd just like to point out that testing a new PvP Warfront with 90% of the players in Full HK **RELIC** gear is... well, not exactly all that accurate!? You might want to have a toon wipe first and force players to PTS Copy their toons over for more a more accurate balance.

Having said that, I'm all for slowing the carriers down, but you may have gone a little overboard with it.

All you've done is changed the stone carriers from speed rogues and blink mages to warriors with their newly increased dps boost and damage mitigation. Grats!

I really had no problems with Rogues or Mages carrying the crystals, but what I DID have a problem with is that they had SOOOOO many speed buffs AND debuffs. You have rogues getting from 1 side to the other in under 15 seconds.

The Blue Orbs are fine. The ability to run is fine. The ability to cross the entire map in 13.9 seconds was NOT fine.

Leave the blue orbs how they are. Really the ONLY change you need to make is to the 'blink' abilities... and this doesn't just include rogues. Mages have blinks, clerics have blinks... if a character blinks, drop the stone. Sprint all you want, speed buff all you want, insta-travel in any way across 10-50 meters and you lose your cargo... all fixed!

You're really trying WAY too hard to fix an imbalance!

Now, on the subject of imbalances... these dps and damage mitigating changes to Warriors has to go. You obviously dont' PvP on the real servers much because if you did, you'd see that Warriors ALREADY top the dps charts OFTEN!!!

Hell, the warrior named Feed practically DOUBLES the damage done from Rogues AND Mages in *ANY* warfront. I really don't understand why you feel warriors aren't powerful in Warfronts. Just because some warriors have no clue how to play their class, doesn't mean they're broken.

You're setting yourselves up for a huge community upheaval with this patch!
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 03-02-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Roll a cleric.
    Oh wait you already play a cleric.
    Learn to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonfreman View Post
    Roll a cleric.
    Learn to play.
    If that is all you can offer ... I wonder if u need to L2P or ur a one button smasher. The OP is pretty much on what is he stating. He is correct and stated what I also saw at WF. Hell I can start spamming L2P and use my War. However, many of us want RIFT to be a better game from what it is now. As you have missed the point he is has stated. I wonder if you just stating this just cause it was told to u so many times. Humm...
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

/Facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayne420 View Post
    step by step guide to fixing warriors

start here-->buff, nerf, buff, nerf, nerf, nerf<--end here

Patch Live, hotfix, hotfix, hotfix
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    I really had no problems with Rogues or Mages carrying the crystals, but what I DID have a problem with is that they had SOOOOO many speed buffs AND debuffs. You have rogues getting from 1 side to the other in under 15 seconds.!
    what?

Ascendant

Hell, the warrior named Feed practically DOUBLES the damage done from Rogues AND Mages in *ANY* warfront. I really don't understand why you feel warriors aren't powerful in Warfronts. Just because some warriors have no clue how to play their class, doesn't mean they're broken!
    If you're getting beaten by a warrior on live in DPS as a rogue or cleric, you're simply doing it wrong. As for mage v warrior, mages are ST whereas warriors are AOE, so while it looks like warriors are doing better, they actually aren't (In PvP. In PvE, it's a different story).

You obviously have no clue about the warrior calling as these changes were needed because our "most important" stat did nearly nothing for us.
    Last edited by Hunt55511; 03-02-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

I really had no problems with Rogues or Mages carrying the crystals, but what I DID have a problem with is that they had SOOOOO many speed buffs AND debuffs. You have rogues getting from 1 side to the other in under 15 seconds.
    It's misinformation like this that perpetuates this junk about RS's being Gods. Nobody is getting from 1 base to the other in 15s. Thats not even really a realistic figure. Yes RS's can move. They can't base to base in 15 seconds move.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The runners were easy to kill. If you happened to come across a really skilled runner, it was a nightmare. But most were RS/NB/MM without any skill. I think they went overboard
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It's misinformation like this that perpetuates this junk about RS's being Gods. Nobody is getting from 1 base to the other in 15s. Thats not even really a realistic figure. Yes RS's can move. They can't base to base in 15 seconds move.
    I've timed in it on my rogue, 21 seconds from picking up their stone to getting to the front (not to our flag, but to the "door" of our base add in another 2-3 seconds to get to our flag for cap) of out base, was my best run, i average around 25 depending how spread out the fighting in the middle is, and I wasn't even comfortable with the build when i was timing it.

So 15 seconds no, but it's not unrealistic to get from base to base in 20 seconds if theres a good spread out fight (when isn't there) and the person knows the build, 25 if not. Which is only 5-10 more seconds.

There is a lot of exaggerating going on, but *most* of it is *fairly* close to the real numbers.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Plane Touched

First of all, I'd just like to point out that testing a new PvP Warfront with 90% of the players in Full HK **RELIC** gear is... well, not exactly all that accurate!? You might want to have a toon wipe first and force players to PTS Copy their toons over for more a more accurate balance.

Having said that, I'm all for slowing the carriers down, but you may have gone a little overboard with it.

All you've done is changed the stone carriers from speed rogues and blink mages to warriors with their newly increased dps boost and damage mitigation. Grats!

The Blue Orbs are fine. The ability to run is fine. The ability to cross the entire map in 13.9 seconds was NOT fine.

Leave the blue orbs how they are. Really the ONLY change you need to make is to the 'blink' abilities... and this doesn't just include rogues. Mages have blinks, clerics have blinks... if a character blinks, drop the stone. Sprint all you want, speed buff all you want, insta-travel in any way across 10-50 meters and you lose your cargo... all fixed!

You're really trying WAY too hard to fix an imbalance!

Now, on the subject of imbalances... these dps and damage mitigating changes to Warriors has to go. You obviously dont' PvP on the real servers much because if you did, you'd see that Warriors ALREADY top the dps charts OFTEN!!!

Hell, the warrior named Feed practically DOUBLES the damage done from Rogues AND Mages in *ANY* warfront. I really don't understand why you feel warriors aren't powerful in Warfronts. Just because some warriors have no clue how to play their class, doesn't mean they're broken.

You're setting yourselves up for a huge community upheaval with this patch!
    LULZ you really have problems with feed? god wait till you go against Drednaught & Skeezy :P

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonfreman View Post
    Roll a cleric.
    Learn to play.
    The OP is one hell of a healing cleric as it is. But, who are you?

Telaran

Some of the warrior souls need a slight buff. But theres no doubt in my mind that we are going to see quitting post/end of the world threads when the patch goes live. The current baddie warriors are gonna become insane, while the good ones will become gods :P

Rift Disciple

The OP is right , he knows what he is talking about.
    If you don't understand just leave. Read the op not once
    but twice.

This new whitefall isn't doing any better , if you haven't tried it on
    PTS you don't deserve to make a sarcastic comment about the Op .
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey guys,

Totally not intended and it's going away - we're on it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    Rogues in general?

Champion

Default Instead of replying to everyone individually, I'll reply to each quote in this post..

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Nobody is getting from 1 base to the other in 15s. Thats not even really a realistic figure. Yes RS's can move. They can't base to base in 15 seconds move.
    So sorry Violacea! Ok, 15 seconds *was* an exaggeration, and 13.9 seconds was an intentional exaggeratted exaggeration, but as Robes points out:

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    I've timed in it on my rogue, 21 seconds from picking up their stone to getting to the front "door" ... I average around 25 seconds depending how spread out the fighting in the middle is ...
    Was I exaggerating?... yes, was it really a stretch of reality?... NO! Face it. The skilled rogues know how to get from one side of the field to the other and maybe .00001% of pugs can stop them.

My post was not meant to have them nerf runners completely, just make it so they're at least possible to run down... *sometime*.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    The runners were easy to kill. If you happened to come across a really skilled runner, it was a nightmare. But most were RS/NB/MM without any skill. I think they went overboard
    This was kind of the point of my thread. Thanks for noticing. I'm only talking about the good runners, the bad runners aren't even a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebl@de View Post
    LULZ you really have problems with feed? god wait till you go against Drednaught & Skeezy :P
    Oh, I've played against Skeezy, and I *think* Dread... I only singled out Feed because he's been the most active Warrior doing consistently top overall damage in our Battlegroup for the last couple weeks. He's definitely NOT the only one... it was just an example. The point I was trying to raise is that the biggest complaint from warriors is that they're useless in warfronts and die too easily, and that is NOT the case. The players that are complaining just haven't figured out how to use more than their 1-button spam finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghata View Post
    The current baddie warriors are gonna become insane, while the good ones will become gods :P
    Thanks Ghata... this is the exact point.

...and last but not least:

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    The OP is one hell of a healing cleric as it is. But, who are you?
    ROFL, thanks AceinHole! I was going to say the same thing! :P

At the end of the day, many classes have become skilled PvPers where they have to use a plethera of abilities and strategies to excel. The buffs that are proposed for warriors completely goes against 'L2P' and reverts back to a 1-button mash fest for Warriors. This is a bad fix. They already can do what they're needed to do in Warfronts but only a handful of players grasp that, but because they have... they're insanely good at PvP. The changes will just ruin PvP more than it fixes it.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 03-03-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Ascendant

The buffs that are proposed for warriors completely goes against 'L2P' and reverts back to a 1-button mash fest for Warriors. This is a bad fix. They already can do what they're needed to do in Warfronts but only a handful of players grasp that, but because they have... they're insanely good at PvP. The changes will just ruin PvP more than it fixes it.
    You are wrong and you should feel bad for saying this without playing a warrior.

But hey, I'm sure a cleric knows everything about every other calling?

Also: If you're getting owned by a warrior as a healing cleric....There's something majorly wrong with your definition of skill.
    Last edited by Hunt55511; 03-03-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast