+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: botting 4 clerics

Default botting 4 clerics

just ran into this botter for the first time playing 4 inquisitors in a whitefall, same spells at the same time all following 1 lead cleric and mimicing his actions, ton of burst dmg however he was very easy to trick so if you see him try some of these tricks to shut him down.

root/sap/mezz his bots as he runs, he has to stop to wait for them or they lose auto follow and you get a cleric that will sit there and not fight back, i was sapping his bots for about 2 minute straight and he never moved because he wouldn't leave any of them behind and then my team came and aoed them dead in 4 seconds.

another thing that was lol worthy was using nightblade i hit twilight shelter and charged him and he used all his big spells on me and did no damage basically, and cleanse soul took care of all the dots, so have a tank charge him and make him blow all his stuff on them and he's an easy 4 kills he doesn't really know how to pvp very well, he just has 4 clerics mimicing eachother.

multiboxing is legal for people paying $60/month.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    using a 3rd party program to make them do the exact same things at the same time however is not.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    using a 3rd party program to make them do the exact same things at the same time however is not.
    Yes it is.

However, using a third party program to automate actions without the direction instruction of the player isn't.

Unless it can be shown that the one who the three bots are mimicking isn't being played by just crappy player, than it is sadly legal.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 03-02-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    Depends on the program.

If he's doing it with an add on or macros, there's nothing 'illegal' about it. Even if he is using a third party program and Trion allows it (which they obviously do), it's still not "illegal".

Multi-boxing has been brought up numerous times since the game launched. Obviously Trion has no problem with people doing it as they have not taken any steps to stop it.

Trion's game, Trion's rules.

Also, encountering multiple toons controlled by one person is not much different than encountering multiple toons controlled by multiple, coordinated players. You're still focused and you're still dead. In fact, you're better off facing the mutli-boxer because he has limitations that the coordinated group does not, just like the ones you described.
    Last edited by Meina; 03-02-2012 at 11:59 AM.

I actually forget the guy I ran into, but I think it was something similar lol. like a 4 set of clerics all standing on top of each other. I couldn't tell if he was playing too many toons to handle, or was using a poor automated program. I mean, if I just stood up all willy nilly I got blown up. But it was kind of fun to knock one of them off an edge, pick off another one on the MM by hiding. Or use a sin and gank one of them.

This guy was holding the codex and the team was having trouble and someone pointed him out. Once we foiled his cleric crew though the team never got a vantage point again. The 4 cleric box was awful when trying to actually be mobile and run around and do something that isn't just camping under a rock by the codex picking off on-lookers.

ps. I have no idea if he was legit or not. It was fun though.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-02-2012 at 11:58 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I actually forget the guy I ran into, but I think it was something similar lol. like a 4 set of clerics all standing on top of each other. I couldn't tell if he was playing too many toons to handle, or was using a poor automated program. I mean, if I just stood up all willy nilly I got blown up. But it was kind of fun to knock one of them off an edge, pick off another one on the MM by hiding. Or use a sin and gank one of them.

This guy was holding the codex and the team was having trouble and someone pointed him out. Once we foiled his cleric crew though the team never got a vantage point again. The 4 cleric box was awful when trying to actually be mobile and run around and do something that isn't just camping under a rock by the codex picking off on-lookers.

ps. I have no idea if he was legit or not. It was fun though.
    aye tons of ways to trick and get by the bots i just started up this thread to give tips to people that run into players like this because legal or not i don't agree with it and will help other players beat them in pvp like we did.

Doubled edged sword. If the person pulls it off, it can help their team. If they don't pull it off, it dramatically stunts the team.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Sad but true.

Rift Master

Best strat against the 4 box cleric? Spec 51 dom and facetank solo all of them.

On a related note: the 4 boxer was much, much more effective when he was healing. 4xRipple is no joke.

Champion of Telara

I actually ran into a multi-boxing mage once a while back. Had 4 necro/locks with pets out who all stacked on each other. When he summoned all those pets at once and sent them after me (was a defiant going for achievos in guardian territory), it was pretty scary. I think that equals 16 pets?

Was very hard to target or figure out who was the main player...

Rift Chaser

I've run into this before. Rift Summon was my best friend here. It can't be fun doing this when you spend your whole time trying to get all your clerics back in the same spot again :P
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

This guy does some pretty hilarious things with 4 cabs in scion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

It's become clear to me from recent in game spam, that alot of people think this was me. I assure you, it wasn't. I have too many game subs going atm to throw 60/month at Rift. STOP WHISPERING ME WITH INSULTS.

On a side note: Gj wickede no one's got me trolled this hard for a long time.
    Last edited by Vencenzo; 03-03-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Nevermind wickede I think this guy dug up a old thread and started it.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...houghts-3.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast